is it safe to do this?

candibaby

Okay, I have been in braids (cornrows) for the past week, and plan on keeping them for another 1.5-2 weeks, and when I come out of them I'm going to try out a new stylist (she did my sister some good.. so wish me luck). I plan on getting a wash, protein treatment (i'm going to bring my own), and a deep condition. I'm going to get a strawset. Thing is, I had my hair colored about 9 months ago (semi-perm) and I want to dye my hair back it's natural color (some of my hair has no color on it, some of it still does).

Anyway, my hair is pretty damn healthy if i do say so myself, unless these braids (1st time w/ extensions) are doing something evil with it. I don't plan on getting a relaxer until august so it will be at least 4-5 weeks in between.

Do you ladies think this is a good idea or no?

I think you should wait.
smile.gif

if its semi perm color than it wont hurt ur hair bc semi perm doesnt have the peroxide in it like permanent. it only coats the shaft and doesnt penetrate it

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
Candibaby, when do u want to take your braids out? and when do you want to dye your hair? It all depends on those two things whether to relax sooner or later. Check out http://growafrohairlong.com/about.html

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm planning on taking my braids out in 2 weeks, i plan on relaxing the first week in august.

Back