Is it safe to perm/texlax more that once a month?

Is it safe to perm/texlax more that once per month?

• Yes

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • No

Votes: 71 86.6%
  • Don't know/Never tried before

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lana

bumping for responses :perplexed

I didn't notice that anyone answered your question so I'll give it a shot. I always hate when people say "Go do a search" when they can just tell me how they do it and save time. Thanks to the ladies on this board who have always been so kind with what works for them...I can share...here goes:

For me:
1. Use Mizani No-Lye for Sensitive Scalp and mix in Mane & Tale growth Conditioner and usually a carrier oil like Jojoba. Mix well
2. Apply to my NEW GROWTH only for 5-7 minutes, no smoothing except my edges
3. Rinse thoroughly
4. Apply Reconstructor
5. Rinse again
6. Apply Nuetralizing Shampoo several times (let sit and rinse, repeat)
7. Deep Condition and style as normal

This process gives me beautiful thick textured texlaxed hair. I generally do not wear wash n go's or puffs, but with texlaxed hair - I still can if I wanted to. I hope this answers your question.

To the original poster: I would weigh the pros and cons and do what works best for you. It doesn't sound like anybody's hair fell out from doing a corrective texlax. Best wishes!

Moonxyz

If your hair is fine I wouldn't recommend it.

But i did my 3rd corrective in 6 weeks :look: and my hair is still underprocessed :wallbash: :lachen:.

My hair is VERY super resistant and I used super strenght for 2 x the recommended time.

So I would say it depends on your hair.

jazzysweet

If your hair is fine I wouldn't recommend it.

But i did my 3rd corrective in 6 weeks :look: and my hair is still underprocessed :wallbash: :lachen:.

My hair is VERY super resistant and I used super strenght for 2 x the recommended time.

So I would say it depends on your hair.

I agree with Moonxyz. It definately depends on you hair which only you know best... My hair is super thick and crazy.... This is why it doesnt perm easily. If I really wanted to texlax again I dont think I would have any problems but its not something to do on a regular basis....

I am glad to see so many have tried it without harsh reactions from their hair. I have a theory that this has to do with the short application times (when texlaxing) which make the perm less harsh on the hair.