IS RELAXED HAIR MORE PRONE TO SPLIT ENDS THAN.....

Re: IS RELAXED HAIR MORE PRONE TO SPLIT ENDS THAN.

[ QUOTE ]
Mariaat40 said:
I'm one of those people who has almost non-existent split ends and my hair is relaxed. I wonder if it has to do with the genetic makeup of your hair?
confused.gif
And congratulations on your decision to transition Sherrylove. I'm sure your hair will continue to be beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again, Mariaat40...
smile.gif
smile.gif

well maybe I just didn't know how to take care for my relaxed hair then as I know how to take care of it now. My ends always split off, like within 2 weeks of getting them cut. Now with my last relaxer experience I didn't cut my hair for 7 months and only had to trim off about 3/4 inches off the end. I ended up trimming off 3 inches because I got a texturizer and I didn't want bone straight ends with curly hair. When my hair was natural I never worried about split ends...ever.

Well, I guess I'm the oddball here because I noticed more split ends after going natural than I ever did relaxed. It could be the texture of my hair, though, or my strands just being more prone to splits. When relaxed & curly permed, I was convinced split ends must be some kind of myth (or only happening to white people because of the shampoo & conditioner commercials) because I never saw any in real life. When natural, I noticed all kinds of things: splits, single-strand knots, crooked bends...

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
Well, I guess I'm the oddball here because I noticed more split ends after going natural than I ever did relaxed. It could be the texture of my hair, though, or my strands just being more prone to splits. When relaxed & curly permed, I was convinced split ends must be some kind of myth (or only happening to white people because of the shampoo & conditioner commercials) because I never saw any in real life. When natural, I noticed all kinds of things: splits, single-strand knots, crooked bends...

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm the same way. I think it's because I don't mositurize like I should.

[ QUOTE ]
Alli77 said:
I heard also that split ends have something to do with your genetics. Some are more prone to it than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmm
scratchchin.gif
scratchchin.gif
scratchchin.gif

Back