Split Ends! WTH! Help!

sunshinelady

I got my hair relaxed on Friday and I am seeing all these split ends. I mean some of them are 4 inches up the hair strand. I have split ends that split like branches. I mean ish I have never seen in nature! I think this is due to the Dominican blowout that I got a month ago. I get lots of trims so I am really upset. I can see where I have splits waiting to happen that haven't fully split yet. I mean they are all the way up the shaft of my hair. I think the relaxer may have just been the last straw and the hair is just saying, "I can't take it anymore."

Should I go back and get 4 inches cut off my hair or is there something else I can do? Please help.

I used to get weekly blowouts sometimes Dominican, but mostly just done by a Russian who was very rough on my hair. Blowouts seem awfully harsh to me,, that round brush ripping thru the hair just scares me,, and i had a relaxer then and my hair was in fragile shape then,, the years have passed ( just about 2) and the only thing i could do was to trim, i know thats probably not the answer you wanted to hear:ohwell:, but since then ive been trimming off all the damage of years of abuse,, you cannot "fix" split ends, and in time if u keep them they will only make your hair look ratty, if u baby your hair you dont have to cut now but you probably should sooner than later becuz i also notice that splits sem to travel upwards till theyre long split ends,, sowwie:sad:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I used to get weekly blowouts sometimes Dominican, but mostly just done by a Russian who was very rough on my hair. Blowouts seem awfully harsh to me,, that round brush ripping thru the hair just scares me,, and i had a relaxer then and my hair was in fragile shape then,, the years have passed ( just about 2) and the only thing i could do was to trim, i know thats probably not the answer you wanted to hear:ohwell:, but since then ive been trimming off all the damage of years of abuse,, you cannot "fix" split ends, and in time if u keep them they will only make your hair look ratty, if u baby your hair you dont have to cut now but you probably should sooner than later becuz i also notice that splits sem to travel upwards till theyre long split ends,, sowwie:sad:

I agree babygirl, the longer you keep them, the worse they will get and the worse they will make your hair look. Don't take my advice, others may chime in, but I'd suggest you do a small trim and maybe start baggying or something like that. I'm sorry this is happening to you, but unhealthy ends is a definite match for unhealthy hair, so eliminate those nasty ends, give them a little TLC, and you'll be back on the right track in no time:yep::yep:

mzhotniz86

deep condition your hair and trim little by little. if hair is too soft , use a egg for protein, and moisture for vice versa. seal your ends with a good oil after moisturizing. i had splits bad and had to get my hair cut little by little until my hair grew to a decent length.

sareca

There are some tips on the first post of this thread that you might be interested in.

Depending on how bad the split ends are, you might be able to get rid of them while retaining some length by cutting them individually using the twist and trim method (I just made up that name, I don't know what its really called!)

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35278&highlight=trim+rope+split

Just scroll down the the "doing the splits" section

mzhotniz86 said:
deep condition your hair and trim little by little. if hair is too soft , use a egg for protein, and moisture for vice versa. seal your ends with a good oil after moisturizing. i had splits bad and had to get my hair cut little by little until my hair grew to a decent length.

ITA! Dust regularly and make sure you're striking the right protein/moisture balance.