Is Silicon bad for hair ?

blackhair

Since I am streching out my relaxer, detangling my wet hair after shampoo time is very difficult. I have lately tried Motions conditionner and it was very good. But it contains Silicones. I know many members try to avoid Silicones. Can you tell me why it is bad/good for hair ?

AudraChanell

I use Motions conditioner among other things. I have never ever had trouble from the use of silicon conditioners. It should be used in moderations just like anything else. Sort of how protein is your friend, but if you misuse it ...

Nanyanika

Heavy based Silicone products are terrible for my hair makes my hair tangle, become hard and dry leading to breakage. The worst ones i tried were Motions moisture plus, LUST, Deep brilliance moisture shine. i've learnt my lesson to stick with lighter conditioners without cones.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
It honestly depends on the individuals. Personally I can use certain silicone-laden products with some success but I can't depend on it for everything or else my hair is dry. For some people, silicone locks moisture in and locks any additional moisture out from your hair. Plus it's kind of hard to remove unless you clarify. I hope this helps.