Questions on recommeded products

IslandChild

Hi everyone,

I have been trying some of the products that have been recommed on this board, and have a few questions. I tried a protein treatment last night with Aphogee (the one that dries hard), followed by a moisturizing treatment with Motions MoisturePlus conditioner. The Aphogee stuff smelled so BAD! Is it supposed to, or did I get a bad bottle? Also, I thought that silicones and mineral oil were bad for the hair, yet the Motions conditioner contained silicones, and mineral oil was the second ingredient listed. Do I purchase the wrong product(s)? HELP!

PrincessM

Nope, you didn't get a bad bottle
The Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair is supposed to smell like hot garbage
that's the way it is

IslandChild

Thanks! I rinsed REALLY well because of the smell, and I still walked around all day today asking people to smell my hair! Don't think I'll be using that product again. The odor nearly killed me, plus it made me hair extremely dry (even after moisturizing). Aphogee is now on my DON'T list!

PrincessM

The one time I used it, I deep conditioned my hair and left in conditioner in overnight too and my hair didn't stink.

KinksnCurlz

Aphogee treatment is EXCELLENT! The smell does shock you if you are not prepared for it but here's a suggestion. After you use the aphogee balancing moisturizer, apply some of your favorite moisturizing conditioner along with a scented cheapie (ie. suave).

Honi

There is no board.
Yes it does stink to high heaven doesn’t it?
Aphogee is a good treatment but I didn’t care for their balancing moisturizer. It didn’t do squatola for me. You have to rinse it really well like you said. I used Keracare’s humecto with heat and it worked great!

Purtygurly

The motions moisture plus didn't work to well for me. I try not to get conditioners with too much mineral oils or silicones, but if you wash you hair regularly and clarify once a month, you won't have too much buildup. It's also best to keep those ingredients off of the scalp.

I tried keracare humecto, which has mineral oil and it's the best conditioner I've ever tried.