Is stretching still stretching...

imani97

I have jumped onto the MN bandwagon to increase my hair growth. Hopefully I can be a brastrap sometime during the summer. (wishful thinking) Anyway, I've been stretching 19-20 weeks in order to avoid overlapping and to be honest to save money. Shoot, gas prices have definitely affected all aspects of my life. :lol: I've been reading responses about using MN less so that the person can still stretch. My question is, is stretching really contingent upon the time period, or is it more so the amount of newgrowth accumulated? I think that it is the latter. If I get two inches of newgrowth in one month, I have no problem retouching at the two month mark. Thoughts?

Sistaslick

It really depends on your personal reason for stretching. If you are stretching to avoid overlap only then with 2 inches of newgrowth, I'd say you would be good to go. But, if you are stretching to reduce your exposure to chemicals then relaxing at 8 weeks when you normally stretch to 16 (basically going from 3 relaxers a year to almost 7) that would be counterproductive.

baglady215

Hey! I look at stretching to increase the amount of NG so you can avoid overlapping. So I would say yes, four inches in two months would be a decent stretch. Other people may view stretching as a time frame to limit exposure to the chemicals in relaxers. I guess it's all in your goals. Good luck with the MN. I started yesterday and I got an inch overnight! J/K ;)

ETA: Haha, we posted at the same time. :lol:

J

JenniferMD

Sistaslick said:
It really depends on your personal reason for stretching. If you are stretching to avoid overlap only then with 2 inches of newgrowth, I'd say you would be good to go. But, if you are stretching to reduce your exposure to chemicals then relaxing at 8 weeks when you normally stretch to 16 (basically going from 3 relaxers a year to almost 7) that would be counterproductive.

My thoughts exactly!

imani97

HoneyDew said:
Good question. I asked this a few months ago for the same reason. :)
Oooops. I should have searched. My bad. :look: I think that I will try to continue to stretch. I've spent a great deal less on my hair now that I stretch. Plus, I've learned how to deal with the new growth so I don't look crazy.

HoneyDew

imani97 said:
I've spent a great deal less on my hair now that I stretch. Plus, I've learned how to deal with the new growth so I don't look crazy.

I need to get where you are. I am still trying to master that.

imani97

HoneyDew said:
I need to get where you are. I am still trying to master that.
I'm telling you, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny line has been my saving grace! It is so easy to detangle with this stuff. I haven't figured out the whole airdrying thing though simply because I like a silky smooth look and airdrying just hasn't given me that look no matter what I do.

baglady215

imani97 said:
I'm telling you, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny line has been my saving grace! It is so easy to detangle with this stuff. I haven't figured out the whole airdrying thing though simply because I like a silky smooth look and airdrying just hasn't given me that look no matter what I do.

I never said thank you, but I learned of this line from you. THANK YOU!!!! This stuff is THE BOMB (ok, I know that's old school but I don't know what else to say :lol: ) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :):):)

imani97

baglady215 said:
I never said thank you, but I learned of this line from you. THANK YOU!!!! This stuff is THE BOMB (ok, I know that's old school but I don't know what else to say :lol: ) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! :):):)
Girl, isn't it wonderful?!? Now that I found it, I may end up selling my Nexxus. Well, maybe not. I may have an emergency. :lol: But anyway, thanks for confirming that this is a good product.