Is there anyway to make your hair one texture?

sutolkia

I'm like a 3c in the back and a 4a/b in the front ,but my whole head used to be 3c but some how it changed... is there anyway ( besides relaxing) to get my hair to one texture?

nakialovesshoes

You could always get a curl. Don't laugh-hear me out. I too suffered from multi-textured hair. In the center my hair was tight, dry & kinky. Around the perimeter it was curly & front & center it was wavy. The different textures made my hair unmanageable in my book. I talked with my stylist & thought that a texturizer might help. She explained that the kinky would turn curly, the curly would turn wavy & the wavy would turn straight.

So she suggested a curl if I wanted a more uniform texture all over. And it worked. So unless you're not just anti-relaxer, but anti-chemicals, then the curl could be a great option for you.

HTH...

melodies815

Nakia, are you talking about the curly perm we used to get back in the day? The one MJ got that caught on fire during the Pepsi commercial? (horrible memory, but that's what came up immediately in my mind to make sure we are talking about the same thing...)

I think I recall someone on here getting a curly perm to uniformly curl her hair. It was very, very pretty!

...to the OP - Sutolkia - I think there are a number of ways to make your hair more uniform in texture; it just depends on whether you want it done chemically or naturally.

Naturally, I can tell you that twistouts and braidouts are WONDERFUL!!! Many of the women on this board have multiple textures in their hair, and many of them use these two styles to help with giving themselves a uniform pattern all over their head. Depending on how "tight" you like the pattern, this style can last 3-6 days. Maybe a week. Some people wet their hands and scrunch their hair lightly every morning until, after a number of days, the style is no longer really a style. Others re-braid or re-twists every night or every other night. You can use a light hold gel after washing and conditioning for more definition if you like.

If your hair likes it, you can also do bantu knots for a lovely style. Use a no-cone conditioner, water, a butter (shea is my fave), and a very light-hold gel for definition.

Finger fluff both to your heart's content.

I know others use Henna for a kind of relaxing of the texture and for exceptional conditioning...which may help you. I don't know much about it, but others here do.

Others also use Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT) for relaxing the curl and I read that it helps tremendously for stretching and aiding manageability.

JustKiya has a technique using henna, coconut and lime (I think that's it) and her texture relaxed a great deal. I have used none of these - Henna, BKT, or the JK Natural straightener (like the title? :grin:) - but I hear they can all work well.

I would also love to find out if there is any way to make thr hair uniform.

Great post!!!

nakialovesshoes

What is a curl, nakia?

A back in the day jheri curl. Sorry I just realized I never came back to this thread.

Nakia, are you talking about the curly perm we used to get back in the day? The one MJ got that caught on fire during the Pepsi commercial? (horrible memory, but that's what came up immediately in my mind to make sure we are talking about the same thing...)

I think I recall someone on here getting a curly perm to uniformly curl her hair. It was very, very pretty! Yes, I have a curly perm like back in the day. Only the maintenance products are different now so you don't have to walk around a potential fire hazard. I'm hoping that the person you're talking about is me. I've done several threads on my curly perm.

...to the OP - Sutolkia - I think there are a number of ways to make your hair more uniform in texture; it just depends on whether you want it done chemically or naturally.

Naturally, I can tell you that twistouts and braidouts are WONDERFUL!!! Many of the women on this board have multiple textures in their hair, and many of them use these two styles to help with giving themselves a uniform pattern all over their head. Depending on how "tight" you like the pattern, this style can last 3-6 days. Maybe a week. Some people wet their hands and scrunch their hair lightly every morning until, after a number of days, the style is no longer really a style. Others re-braid or re-twists every night or every other night. You can use a light hold gel after washing and conditioning for more definition if you like.

If your hair likes it, you can also do bantu knots for a lovely style. Use a no-cone conditioner, water, a butter (shea is my fave), and a very light-hold gel for definition.

Finger fluff both to your heart's content.

I know others use Henna for a kind of relaxing of the texture and for exceptional conditioning...which may help you. I don't know much about it, but others here do.

Others also use Brazilian Keratin Treatment (BKT) for relaxing the curl and I read that it helps tremendously for stretching and aiding manageability.

JustKiya has a technique using henna, coconut and lime (I think that's it) and her texture relaxed a great deal. I have used none of these - Henna, BKT, or the JK Natural straightener (like the title? :grin:) - but I hear they can all work well.

I would also love to find out if there is any way to make thr hair uniform.

Great post!!!