is this ok to do everyday?

babyblue

tell me if this is bad. lately rather than using oils or a grease on my ends ive been using a quarter size amount of deep conditioner on my ends daily that i leave in without rinsing. So far results are good my ends are moisturized and seem strong and hopefully this will help me retain more lenght. i was wondering if this is bad because deep conditioner is meant to be applied for a few minutes and rinsed out? i hope to continue to do this because i find grease and oil just make my hair dirty faster and dont moisturize or strenghten which is what i need.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I don't know about using deep conditioner on your ends everyday. What are the ingredients? If it has Keratin protein, eventually it will make the hair too tough and it will be hard and brittle.

Try this: barely wet your ends with water using your finger tips. Do it several sections at a time. Then add a leave-in conditioner to your ends. I do this sometimes. This will be good for you dear!

sweetcocoa

I would be hesitant also...I think the sugesstion of a leave-in after moisturizing the ends is a good one. Try a creamy leave-in as opposed to a thinner one. I mix a little aloe vera oil with my leave-in before apply it on my hair. I dampen with distilled water.

hairfanatic

I had several friends in Chicago that did this on their ends only and it worked pretty good for them. I think somethings you just have to experiement with. As long as you are not putting it on your whold head and it's not a protein conditioner, or chemical. Maybe you can just try it for a week. There are also products out there especially for the ends. Like Avon's dry ends serum. Maybe you can try something like Ms. Cool, setting lotion. It's like a conditioner but made for roller setting, it might be good for doing that oppose to conditioner.