Is this too much for the hair.....

bludacious

I need to do a clarifying shampoo. Is doing a clarifying wash and a protein conditioner too much?

My regime would be to

Clarify shampoo: Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo
Moisturizing shampoo: Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo
Conditioner: Nexxus Keraphyix
Leave In: Elasta QP H-two

bludacious

I plan on using a clarifying shampoo and the kerayphix once a month. On the other hand, when I use a hair slick, I was thinking I might need to Clarify every week during that time. What do you think?

aquarian1252004

bludacious said:
I need to do a clarifying shampoo. Is doing a clarifying wash and a protein conditioner too much?

My regime would be to

Clarify shampoo: Nexxus Aloe Rid Shampoo
Moisturizing shampoo: Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo
Conditioner: Nexxus Keraphyix
Leave In: Elasta QP H-two

Not at all. I've often tried this regiment myself. In fact when I washed my hair this weekend I followed almost the exact same regiment. Instead of ELASTA QP I follow up with Nexxus Humectress (also great as a leave-in).

Nexxus Therappe would also be a really great follow up to the Aloe Rid treatment it is much more moisturizing.

Last edited:

bludacious

Thanks so much. I am fairly still new to the forum. This forum has really got me focusing on my hair. I wasn't sure about the clarifying and protein treatment together. I have never heard of clarifying shampoo until this forum. I always wanted something to clean the grit and grime different products leave. As far as protein conditioner, I thought I was protein conditioning with the cholesterol. My hair was dry and I thought grease would do. LHCF has completely hair educated me.