What's the longest you've kept your hair in a bun? How many days/ wks/ mos in a row?

Diva_Esq

Re: What's the longest you've kept your hair in a bun? How many days/ wks/ mos in a r

So Diva - will you be rockin' the bun in your siggy? I really like that look!

I too have been thinking about this and think I would like to do this and just wear my hair out/down for special occasions. I have one of those fake buns (have not mastered how to but my own hair..lol)

:yep: Yes, that's my day 2 bun in the siggy. I do a sleek, wet bun w/ condish in it 1st day (see bun photo album). Then 2nd day, it's more dry and I do that bun in my siggy.
I only have 1 of those hairpins so far, but I just bought a black leather butterfly pin on ebay. Waiting on it to arrive in the mail from Canada!

My goal date for APL is 5/1/10, but I would like to make it there earlier, or get a little past there on 5/1/10, but get a dusting and still be at APL. So, bye bye hair down...see you in the summer! :)

And the fake bun works JUST as well! :)

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Re: What's the longest you've kept your hair in a bun? How many days/ wks/ mos in a r

I only recently figured out how to wear my hair out in twist outs and such. Up until last year, I always bunned for the past 15 years. I guess I can attribute most of my retention to it.

Lady Esquire

I wore a bun for about a 2-year period. I went from neck length to bra strap in that time, even with setbacks and cutting. My problem was that I overconditioned and took the no-combing thing too literally which caused matting. But now I understand this hair thing so much better, and really understand protein/moisture balance, periodic tangling, etc....

When I am far in my relaxer, I bun for long periods. For the passed 2 weeks, I have bunned. I get bored looking at myself with this bun though.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016

I been bunning/baggie bunning for 16 months and went frpom SL to BSL in the back and APL in the front. I wear my bun for 3 days at a time, and only wear my hair straight every 6 weeks or more.

Diva_Esq

I only recently figured out how to wear my hair out in twist outs and such. Up until last year, I always bunned for the past 15 years. I guess I can attribute most of my retention to it.

Your hair is so :drool:!

I wore a bun for about a 2-year period. I went from neck length to bra strap in that time, even with setbacks and cutting. My problem was that I overconditioned and took the no-combing thing too literally which caused matting. But now I understand this hair thing so much better, and really understand protein/moisture balance, periodic tangling, etc....

When I am far in my relaxer, I bun for long periods. For the passed 2 weeks, I have bunned. I get bored looking at myself with this bun though.

I MUST have some manipulation! My hair needs it!

I been bunning/baggie bunning for 16 months and went frpom SL to BSL in the back and APL in the front. I wear my bun for 3 days at a time, and only wear my hair straight every 6 weeks or more.

I am definitely going to bun more and lay off the every 2 weeks straightening. I am going to bun til I just get sick of looking at it. Lord knows I have a ton of hats and fedoras to dress my head up with!

NikStarrr

The past few weeks I've been wearing a bun Mon-Thurs and then braiding my hair up on that Thursday night and then wearing a braidout Fri, Sat, and Sun. I really think this regimen will ge me to my next goal of BSL. Now that it's fall/winter, I flat iron my hair once a month--and that lasts me 2 weeks. Even with my hair straight, I wear it in a bun 90% of the time. lol

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

The longest for me was 5 months and I got great growth. I think bunning is the best ps period. I'm currently on a 3 week break from buns because I had been bunning since June/July and missed my hair, but I'll be back in buns after thanksgiving until APL.

I'm thinking about bunning until NYE or Christmas, wearing it out for that special occasion, then bunning until APL.

Sidenote: 50 lbs down...AWESOME! Congrats! :yep:

Thanks for responding. How much length did you gain in that 5 months of straight bunning?

I agree, bunning is the best PS and it's so easy & fits pretty much any setting.

Thank you!!

I went from the top of SL to approx 1-1.5" from APL. I blunt cut my hair in May back to EL for a more uniform appearance. My front was waaaay shorter than the back because of damage pre-LHCF

Last edited:

mango387

I have been wearing buns with lots of breaks in between for three years.
Everyone hates them but me.

Mz.MoMo5235

i have to take my buns out every nite... i wish i could figure out how to where them for longer (at least 3day) to see if that will help with my breakage from possible too much manipulation

cupcakes

I wore my hair in buns for a year straight when I started my hair journey. I still wear them but only 4 days a week.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

I have went maybe a week w/o taking my bun down in general, I just wake up in the AM and fix my edges.
But in general thats my main style, bunning. So I wear them daily, dont have time for anything else.

Sweet_Ambrosia

I bunned for the majority of last year (mainly out of habit), only just a few times that I actually wore it 'out'. This year however I had to let it loose :lol: I love wearing my hair out (braidouts/twistouts etc..), I wore it out about 70% of the time this year with no issues as for as retaining length. Only recently (the last 6 weeks) I started wearing buns/updo's again because it's my go to style simple, easy and classic. Bunning is definitely a great way to retain length, you just have to stay on top of your moisture game and avoid pulling your hair back too tightly.