IT FLOATS!!!! Testing your hair for health...

Dang, I want to try it now, but I can't find any shed hairs!! :lol:

*rummages for a while* Okay, I had to pull one out. :look: Are ya'll just dropping them on the surface, or soaking them first?

Unfortunately, one day I picked up 3 hairs that broke or fell out of my head, put them in a cup of water; one floated, two sank straight to the bottom. I have relaxed hair.

Unfortunately, one day I picked up 3 hairs that broke or fell out of my head, put them in a cup of water; one floated, two sank straight to the bottom. I have relaxed hair.

Interestingly enough, I now have like - four or five hairs in my cup of water. The only one that sank is the one that had a split on it. I've got two floating just under the surface of the water (one broken, one shed) (because I pushed them under) and two floating on top of the water (also, one broken & one shed) (though, I'm not sure how much I can give credence to the on top of water 'floaters', as I suspect it's really surface tension holding them up).

Is anyone trying this on naked hair? I think that is the only way to truly tell specially cuz most of us use some sort of oil which seems like it would resist the water and make the hair float...

Is anyone trying this on naked hair? I think that is the only way to truly tell specially cuz most of us use some sort of oil which seems like it would resist the water and make the hair float...

Good point!!! Nope, my hair is so not naked, though, it's about as close as it gets - just a tiny bit of castor oil this morning. :yep:

And they are all, except for the one with the split, still floating.

Back