Itchy scalp and excessive shedding

honeycomb719

Anyone ever suffer from this? I dont have dandruff, but my scalp itches like crazy, even after I wash it. My shampoo or conditioner hasnt changed. I wash weekly with Nexxus, I oil my scalp with WGO. Been using WGO for years so its not that. I dont know whats going on. The shedding is riduculous. Ive always been a heavy shedder, but the last month or 2 its been crazy. Whay gives?:(

SignatureBeauty

Maybe it is a hormonal thing! Have you clarified lately? maybe you need a break from wildgrowth and let your scalp just breathe. I get like that when my hair is growing and it itches like crazy for a few days and then it stops.

honeycomb719

I havent done a clarify poo in awhile because I thought the buildup/residue clarifying poos removed was those from chemical services like relaxers, dyes etc..

honeycomb719

Anything now that Im thinking about it, clarifying poos always made me hair hard and stiff. Im afraid I will dry my already dry hair out even more and then start gettin major breakage with the shedding.:( Any good recommendations for clarifying poos for naturals?

SignatureBeauty

They remove toxins and product build up as well, I am natural and I use the Nexxus Aloe Rid or I will just use an ACV Rinse with distilled water because I have hard water.
and my scalp is so clean and feels good.

Give it a try! I am sure your scalp will feel a whole lot better.

SignatureBeauty

Also after you clarify you have to do a good deep conditioner and that keeps my hair soft.

Or if you have that ACV handy do a rinse until you get a clarifying shampoo. That nexxus for me was like $8.00 but it last me a long time because I clarify about once a month or every 2 months because I don't use alot of products and the ACV pretty much keeps my scalp good.

camellia

Nexxus Aloe Rid is my very favorite clarifying shampoo. I'm natural and it always leaves my hair feeling very clean, but not dry or stripped

Redken Cleansing Cream is also excellent. It has a faint fruity scent too.

When I have an itchy scalp I clarify and then, depending on the degree of shedding I either use Emergencee or if it's not excessive shedding I'll use Keraphix. I mix a little warm unrefined hemp seed oil and honey together and warm it in the microwave for a few seconds, then mix the keraphix in. I leave it on my head under a platic cap with a warm towel over it for about an hour. When I rinse it out I usually don't even need a moisturizing conditoner.

I use Humectress as a leave in and then add a good amount of butter to seal in the moisture. I'll put my hair up in a bun or in two braid to dry to keep my hands out of it.

honeycomb719

Thanx ladies for the recs. I will be goingto CVS to get some Nexxus Aloe Rid to see how it works. Today is shampoo day so I hope this proves some relief.;)

erin558

this was happening to me too and I thought maybe it was the shampoo ( nexxus therappe ). I went out and got another shampoo and it stopped.