It's been over 4 months & I'm SO in LOVE with Solange (Pics Inside)

It's been over 4 months & I'm SO in LOVE with Solange (the wig) (Pics Inside)

Ugh, words can NOT even describe how much I love Solange. The older she gets, the better she looks in my opinion (and others). Her and I have been together since the beginning of this year and I am in no way ready to depart from her.

Solange is a lacefront wig by Sensational that I got from blackhairspray.com. I got her for no more than $40-50 if I can recall. I refuse to pay anymore than $50 on a wig that does not get at least 3 months of wear. Anyway, when I first got her, she was very defined, soft, and pretty.

image.jpg

However, she wasn't my style. I like frizy, not so defined, and BIG hair. So after some developing of our relationship over the past several months, we have started to come to an understanding.

Picture0766.JPG

And now we are all good. Over 4 months and going strong.

Picture0768.JPG

I have never had a wig this long that looks so natural. If we keep this up, my hair is going to outgrow hers. I am about 2 inches shorter than her stretched.

Thought I would share my first love with my first lace front. Guess I can say I have a pretty good track record...haha. :)

Do you have that wig that you are so in love with? Please let me know.

Last edited:
Whyy when reading the thread title was I expecting to see pics of singer Solange's progress from her BC :lachen:

Anyway, that wig looks really nice on you. Is it synthetic? I :love: long curly wigs, and the way they get better over time.

Whyy when reading the thread title was I expecting to see pics of singer Solange's progress from her BC :lachen:

Anyway, that wig looks really nice on you. Is it synthetic? I :love: long curly wigs, and the way they get better over time.

LOL. I totally forgot about her BC. I saw some pictures of her hair a few days ago. I love her hair. :)

Solange is synthetic. I don't really like human wigs. Had one and she was too much work. If I do human, I would rather just make one.

Thanks for sharing OP! I've been researching Solange for the past few days and i'm ready to purchase. I've watched so many youtube videos on her and she seems to be a huge hit with many sistas:yep:

I thought your posting was so cute, OP. I expected to see Solange Knowles pics too, lol. My bad but that wig DOES look very natural and good on you! How is it that you wear your edges showing and it looks natural? I just cant do that with my LFs--my hair is mega curly and never matches the wig! My hair is like what you would see in a so-called Brazilian curly Remy or Cuban Curly (Black)...I say "so-called" b/c there is no such thing as Brazilian hair.

I have a LF that I absolutely adore by FEMI, her name is Piano and she is long and curly in a number 4/33. She has lasted me well over a year, and I really do want to wear her now but she is too hot! (See my fotki for pics and avatar above ^^ of Piano). Thanks for your post! I will have to check into Solange for this Fall when I'm typically re-upping on wigs and wearing them until next spring (I wear em Sept-March).:yep:

Last edited:
She looks nice on you. I like my homemade bohemian proten wigs. I haven't wig shopped in a while but you make me want to do some e-window shopping at least. :)

I hope this doesn't offend you — the person I'm about to mention is an old hot topic :giggle: — but you look so much like Ateya from Youtube! :grin:

Love the wig on you, the curls are perfect! ;)

I had looked into Solange a while back but there was something about it that I didn't llike. I think it was that the curl pattern was too loose, maybe or I wanted something that looked a little more textured. Based on what you're saying, it seems like I actually might like it after breaking it in. :scratchch It looks great on you!

Right now, I'm really liking Kim by R&B. It's a curly (pencil size) lacefront that's about chin length or so. I've gotten lots of compliments on it. I was originally looking for an apl curly lacefront (hence why I had looked at Solange) but Kim just clicked with me.

Ok, your post was so cute, although for a minute I thought you were dating Solange! :lol:

That wig looks great on you, I would have never thought it was a wig, if you didn't say! Good choice!:yep:

LOL I was thinking the same thing!

Why they named that wig after that lady! lol :lachen:

Back