It's My Nappy-versary! One Year's Worth of PICS (pic heavy)

productjunkie814

Phew! Made it through my first year, and I must say it's been an awesome learning experience...even with my schzoid hair, I have never regretted my decision to transition to natural. I've had fantastic growth and my hair looks and feels healthy. It's been made easier by the lessons I've learned on this board, the tips I've gotten, and the fantastic heads of hair that have been my inspiration since day 1, so thank you, thank you, thank you! Full SL and APL, here I come!

Transitioning - Day Before the BC - transitioned for three months

Month 1

Month 2

Finger coils

Month 3

Month 4

Month 6

First decent twist updo and twistout updo

Month 7

Wash and go

Month 10 - Beginning of Twist for Growth Challenge, twist and twist out

Month 11

Naked Hair

Shingling - Wet

Shingling - Dry

Month 12 - ONE YEAR!!! WOOT WOOT!

Funnily enough, I had my best twist out to date on the date of my nappy-versary

melodies815

WOW!!! Your hair grows sooooo quickly. That is so amazing to me...and the texture is absolutely lovely.

I CANNOT WAIT (sorry for yelling) for my hair to grow out like this so I can do these styles.

Beautiful, lady, beautiful!!!

cj

ETA (finger coils are my all time favorite style now. I notice that a lot of women do them kind of fat like yours. I do mine super tiny...super tiny...and they look less like coils and more like I have remarkably curly hair. I have to try the larger ones and separate a little to see how those turn out. I love your hair!)

Last edited:

BlondeByDesire

:wow:
Congratulations on your 1 yr. progress. Very inspirational. I'm too chicken to do a BC right now. Your hair is gorgeous and has made tremendous progress. It seems as though once you BC - the hair just takes off.

Whimsy

1. you are beautiful!
2. your hair is beautiful!
3. YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFFUUUULLLL
4. Happy Nappyversary!