I'm back Natural Progress Pics from 06/2009 -12/2010 (pic heavy)

keepithealthy

Hello Ladies :)

It has been a while since I've been on here. But, thanks to all you ladies I have learned so much about caring for my hair. I just wanted to share my progress. I stopped relaxing my hair 02/2009. I did my bc on 06/2009. Well it's just about a year and a half since that time and my hair is the same length it was before my bc. :yay:

This is where the real challenge begins for me. I want to grow it past this length. I was able to maintain it at this length when I was relaxed. But, now I want more!! :lachen: You ladies have inspired me :yep: Now I know what my hair wants and I understand the importance of protective styles and keeping my hair clean and moisturized.

I feel confident that I grow it longer!!!

Okay okay on to the important part the pics :)
(sorry the pics are big)

December 2005 (I love my hair in this pic. It looked so healthy.) (My relaxer days. They weren't all this good but they were okay. My hair pretty much stayed this length)

April 18 2009 (Transitioning..this was hard for me I used to relax every 4 weeks..I aint know no better ya'll)

July 10, 2009 (One month after the big chop)
[IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/ChristlikeShine/100_3512.jpg[/IMG]

September 2009

November 2009

November 2009 (My first time shingling using gel. Very curly but very crunchy lol. I have learned since then)

February 2010

August 2010 (Blown Out for straightening)

August 2010

August 2010 pin curls

October curly again (wash and go)

October wet hair no product

October Flat Ironed

November two strand twist I :love4::love4: two strand twist. This style was bunned in the back and a side bang.

November Wash and Go

November ....two strand twist hair it is again :)

December Two strand twist out

December Today :D <Front>

December Today :D <Back>

p.s. In the process of using heat the only heat damage I have is a result of me trusting a stylist back in Jan of this year to straighten my hair :sad:. Thankfully it was minimal. Just a very small portion of the left side of my head. I have since cut the damaged part off. The rest of my hair is long enough to cover it. I don't think I will be back to a salon for a loooooong time.. plus I do a pretty good job myself.

Hope you enjoyed ladies HHG!

bride91501

Great progress! You seem to have alot of shrinkage.... I was so surprised to see all that length in your blow out shot!

Keep up the good work!

Janet'

Wow! :congrats: on your BC and your progress! Natural hair becomes you! Looks like you need to join the BSL 2011 Challenge :yep: :yep:

nzeee

nice :) esp love the blow-out and 2-strand twists. shrinkage is no joke, hunh? you have amazing length hidden in those coils. and after only 1.5yrs too, congrats.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Your hair and progress is gorgeous! Congrats:)

your shrinkage is amazing! Who knew u were hiding all that hair ??? :)

beautiful. Just beautiful.

phyl73

Wow you grew and retained a lot of hair. Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish this time next year! Great work!

keepithealthy

Very Nice!!! What are some of your favorite products?
Hey Ladybug33 sorry I'm back so late. I had a paper to write. I like Hawaiian Silky 14 N1, Shea Butter, EVOO, I love Coconut Oil, Suave and VO5 cheapies for cowashes, One cheapie I really love is Esencia by Samy it's only 2 bucks at JobLot. I use as a leave in and a deep conditioner. i also like Organics Olive Oil Replenishing Pack and Bio infusin rosemary mint shampoo (I just tried that). I sometimes use Aphogee 2 step protein treatment but only when I feel my hair needs it. For wash and go's I use a mix of conditioner, oils, shea butter and Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel. Oh and my newest discorery Rose Water :lick: smells so good and leaves hair really soft.

Love my denman brush and my tension brush for straightening..it leaves nice smooth ends.

I'm pretty much on a budget so I haven't really used to many expensive products. But hey it works for me.

Thanks for asking.

Last edited: