I've decided to go natural- no more relaxing

chanou

I\'ve decided to go natural- no more relaxing

I have decided to transition out of my relaxer- I’ve been flip-flopping with my hair for the past seven years- I was natural for five years and decided to relax out of the blue for no reason at all in December 2002- Well really part of it was that I didn’t know what to do with my hair besides braids, cornrows and weaves. I really liked my hair in its natural state-
I haven’t had the best experience with my hair relaxed- I had constant shedding after I started relaxing because my stupid stylist told me I needed a touch up every month /images/graemlins/angry2.gif- When my hair staring coming out in clumps, I did some research and found LHCF. Now that I know how to take care of my hair, I feel like I’m missing out in the enjoyment of my natural hair- I’m style challenged, my relaxed hair is always in a bun. I think I can do more with my hair natural than relaxed /images/graemlins/confused.gif. Plus I’ve been thinking, every time I relax my hair, I have to wait at least 3-4 weeks before I see new growth, will my hair grow faster natural since I’m not interrupting the process with a relaxer… /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif…

I don’t know- My last relaxer was in July 9th- I’m making this announcement to you ladies so I can keep my word to myself. Wish me luck.

My hair is 4a in its natural state

carrie

Re: I\'ve decided to go natural- no more relaxing

Good luck in your journey. /images/graemlins/kisses.gif

chanou

Thanks- I'm still in threshold,,,wondering if I'm making the right decision- I guess it's just hair and I can always grow it out if change my mind later on.

DelightfulFlame

Don't do it (chop) unless you're sure. Otherwise you'll be right back to relaxing. Visit some natural websites. Get an idea of how you will take care of your hair. Transitioning is a great time period to do that.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

/images/graemlins/clap.gif Hey chanou, we can be transitioning buddies since we both got our last relaxers around the same time (my last one was July 16th)! I never had any shedding or hair falling out in clumps problems but I feel like relaxers are causing my hair to thin out since I always got it bone straight and plus its overprocessed. Congrats on your decision! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

blue_flower

Good luck on your natural hair journey, chanou! I'm transitioning my self. My last texturizer was back in May.

Carlie

Lots of luck in making the decision that's best for you. Whether you make the decision to transition or BC...Enjoy your natural hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ms_kenesha

Congrats, if you need a kick in the pants to keep you on the road you can PM me...LOL! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Ayeshia

Have fun with the transitioning stage. And the best thing you can do is to look for natural albums for more inspiration. I have my favs in hand when I get that gut to texturize.

blkbeauty

Last year around this time my hair was very thin. Nevertheless, I had continued to relax my hair every 8-10 weeks. After my last relaxer in December 2003, my hair dresser advised me to stop relaxing for a while until the summer. Well, I knew for sure that going natural was the last thing I wanted to do.

The beauty of the internet and reading is the knowledge you gain. As I was researching on the internet for some hair styles that I could wear between my long stretched of perming. I viewed some of the most beautiful hair that I’ve ever seen that were all natural 3c/4a/4b hair. And that was when I made the decision to just go natural.

Transitioning for me was pretty simple. I guess, because for one I wore cornrolls off and on. I wanted to transition for a year or longer, but the more I saw my natural hair grow out the more I hated my straight ends. I started cutting 2 inches at a time so it wouldn’t be so drastic and as of August 13th I was completely natural. I am simply loving it and although, I do like some straighter styles, I know I will never perm again. If and when I decide to wear my hair straight I will just press, regardless there is so much to do with my 4a hair, the limit is endless.

Good luck on your journey!

/images/graemlins/weird.gif yeah another transitioner /images/graemlins/weird.gif good luck on the journey.

Innocent_Kiss

The decision to go natural soley depends on the individual ..but I know it was defintely the right choice for ME! I must forewarn you that it's gonna be some hard times. Growth might not come as quick as you like, shrinkage might cause growth to appear shorter than it is, and since you're already style challenged (lol like me) it can be really irriating at times. Keep the end in mind! God preordained that texture to grow from your scalp so LOVE IT! Enjoy your freedom /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Here's some sites that has REALLY helped me through transitioning 1, 2, 3, 4

Melaninme

[ QUOTE ]
Don't do it (chop) unless you're sure. Otherwise you'll be right back to relaxing. Visit some natural websites. Get an idea of how you will take care of your hair. Transitioning is a great time period to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great advice! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

bettydavis

Congrats on going natural! It seems like everyday there are more people transitioning. I wish you all the best /images/graemlins/clap.gif

jewel

Congrats and good luck /images/graemlins/clap.gif! You can always find support here at this site /images/graemlins/grin.gif

laketta

Congrats girlie!!!! It will seem a bit challenging with the two textures at first but in no time your hair will thank you with thickness a abundant growth.

VelvetRain

Chanou you are not the only one who is thinking about going natural. I have been really thinking about it too, but have not made up my mind totally. I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do!

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Chanou you are not the only one who is thinking about going natural. I have been really thinking about it too, but have not made up my mind totally. I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do!

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon Michelle3147! hope on board! you'll look cute with natural hair! by the way, i saw your album and your hair is making some awesome progress on growth! whatever u decide to do, keep up the good hair care! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
Last year around this time my hair was very thin. Nevertheless, I had continued to relax my hair every 8-10 weeks. After my last relaxer in December 2003, my hair dresser advised me to stop relaxing for a while until the summer. Well, I knew for sure that going natural was the last thing I wanted to do.

The beauty of the internet and reading is the knowledge you gain. As I was researching on the internet for some hair styles that I could wear between my long stretched of perming. I viewed some of the most beautiful hair that I’ve ever seen that were all natural 3c/4a/4b hair. And that was when I made the decision to just go natural.

Transitioning for me was pretty simple. I guess, because for one I wore cornrolls off and on. I wanted to transition for a year or longer, but the more I saw my natural hair grow out the more I hated my straight ends. I started cutting 2 inches at a time so it wouldn’t be so drastic and as of August 13th I was completely natural. I am simply loving it and although, I do like some straighter styles, I know I will never perm again. If and when I decide to wear my hair straight I will just press, regardless there is so much to do with my 4a hair, the limit is endless.

Good luck on your journey!

[/ QUOTE ]

Very encouraging blkbeauty! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like everyday there are more people transitioning.

[/ QUOTE ]

it sure does bettydavis! /images/graemlins/antlers.gif

J

JenniferMD

I think you'll look beautiful with natural hair Chanou!