I've decided to go natural- no more relaxing

jd_bdfly

Re: I\'ve decided to go natural- no more relaxing

Congrats on the decision! Best of luck, and remember to be patient.

zoya_j

[ QUOTE ]
I have decided to transition out of my relaxer- I’ve been flip-flopping with my hair for the past seven years- I was natural for five years and decided to relax out of the blue for no reason at all in December 2002- Well really part of it was that I didn’t know what to do with my hair besides braids, cornrows and weaves. I really liked my hair in its natural state-
I haven’t had the best experience with my hair relaxed- I had constant shedding after I started relaxing

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!! This is where i am now except i was natural for a year. I had no shedding, no breakage, my hair was beautiful, but thick and unmanageable. So I decided to texturize to tame it a little. Now 9 weeks later my hair can't stop shedding and i just recently started to see breakage. So i won't bother to texturize anymore, i feel it's just not working for my hair.
I'm gonna wish both of us luck /images/graemlins/weird.gif

chanou

Sorry about your hair Zoya- I know you certainly have the same anguish feelings that I have about my hair- I keep asking myself why did I relax?? I could've just pressed it, now I have to start the process all over again.

Thanks ladies for all the encouraging words. I'll certainly need it when I reach the six month mark and will be tempted to relax my new growth.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

congratulations on such a brave move.. I don't think you'll regret it.. happy journey! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

honeisos

good for you! ... I wish you the best on your journey..
just about every summer i stop relaxing and say i'm going to go natural but I always go back to relaxing /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Xerxes

Congratulations!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif

I've decided to go natural too! I've been transitioning for 5 months and can't wait for next week to cut off every last trace of my relaxed hair. The hardest thing about the big chop is the fear of losing your appeal. I keep worrying that I'm going to look like a little boy, but I have to remind myself that it's my face that counts most and long hair only attempts to hide and take attention away from my true glory. Long straight hair never made anyone beautiful, but a gorgeous face regardless of the hair it's adorned with can stop traffic. So I have to love my face and let that confidence shine lest I will look unsure, mad and nappy! LMAO I wish you luck and when you're ready to rock your natural hair-- give some fierce face!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chanou

Thanks Xerxes - I keep looking at Jill Scott in her new video Golden and just know That I will look as golden as she does with a natural look- I have the same round face and features as hers....She's my new inspiration for going natural this time around.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Stay encouraged!!

Xerxes

You have Jill's features?!! Dang, I'm already jealous! LOL

There's no doubt about it, you are beautiful now and you'll be beautiful then. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif