Jbco Challenge (jamaican Black Castor Oil) 2017

nysister

So on Saturday I deep conditioned with the L'oreal 5 (noted above) then I mixed JBCO with the Giovanni conditioner and co-washed. --- I put my hair in large twists and saturated it with Giovanni leave in and sealed with JBCO. --- It didn't really hold in the moisture, the next day I took the twists out, pulled it back in a bun and went out, despite being a humid and misty day when I returned home my hair was dry.

So yesterday afternoon I saturated it with Kinky Curly Knot Today and sealed with Jojoba oil put my hair in large twists and put a satin wrap on my head (I always use a Satin pillowcase even if covering my hair) and this morning it was soft again. Now I'm saturating it with KCKT and sealing with Jojoba again and putting it in Crown twists.

I will use JBCO later in the week for a co-wash again.

Aggie

I'm in and I'm interested in trying the Rooted Treasure version.

Currently, I have Sunny Isle Original & Lavender JBCO. If I run out of the JBCO, I will switch to my Kreyol Essence Peppermint, Orange, Lemon & Chocolate HBCO.

I will use the oil weekly for either my midweek scalp oil, pre-poo, or sealant. The growth oil recipe has also peeked my interest, so I may try that as well.
@trclemons
How dark are the Kreyol Essence Castor Oils please? I see the Rooted Treasure one is very dark so I may want that too but it's so pricey.

trclemons

From left to right are the orange, peppermint, chocolate & lemon scents of the HBCO and all of them are the color of the lemon scent (yellow). But, all of them are thick like the JBCO.

upload_2017-5-2_12-37-15.png

Aggie

From left to right are the orange, peppermint, chocolate & lemon scents of the HBCO and all of them are the color of the lemon scent (yellow). But, all of them are thick like the JBCO.

View attachment 397385
Okay thanks. I think I'll bite the bullet and get 3 of the 4oz size of Rooted Treasures one since it's so dark. That's actually what I'm looking for - a really dark JBCO. I think Theirs is even darker than the Sunny Isles extra dark brand

MizzBFly

I'm using for my eye lashes and right side temple...I have sunny isles but what that rooted treasure do?:look:

Aggie

I will be buying the Rooted Treasures oil soon. But I saw a youtuber promoting it and it was really dark when she poured it out into a little glass. I want it and I might get about 3 bottles of it so I don't run out too soon plus I'm thinking about adding a whole bottle to my almost empty current jar of jbco to stretch it a little.

Last edited:

Aggie

I will be buying the Rooted Treasures soon. But I saw a youtuber promoting it and it was really dark when she poured it out into a little glass. I want it and I might get about 3 bottles of it so I don't run out too soon plus I'm thinking about adding a whole bottle to my almost empty current jar of jbco to stretch it a little.
Okay I bought 3 bottles of the Rooted Treasures JBCO today and it will probably be arriving sometime next weekend.

nysister

I will be buying the Rooted Treasures oil soon. But I saw a youtuber promoting it and it was really dark when she poured it out into a little glass. I want it and I might get about 3 bottles of it so I don't run out too soon plus I'm thinking about adding a whole bottle to my almost empty current jar of jbco to stretch it a little.

I've noticed a difference in my edges on my left side using this, however when I used Olde Jamaica Black Castor Oil with Tea tree it became fuller as well, but this seems to make it even more dense.

I bought 2 large (4oz) and one medium (2oz). I went through the first one pretty quickly and as it's very thick I decided to make a spray with it and some other oils so I did the following:

10-12 oz of water
6-8 oz of Aloe Very Juice
4 tablespoons of JBCO
3 tablespoons of Avocado oil
2 tablespoons of Jojoba oil
1 tablespoon of Peach Kernel Oil

I've also picked up a lot of Cantu products to try. So once I sprayed it with the above I then coated it with the Argan strengthening cream and put my hair in crown braids to protect my ends and keep it moist.

Last edited:

nysister

Is anyone oiling their scalp? I never do because I read that it clogs the pores but does anyone notice better hair growth from doing that?

Aggie

Is anyone oiling their scalp? I never do because I read that it clogs the pores but does anyone notice better hair growth from doing that?
Honey if those thick, petrolatum and mineral oil filled Royal Crown Grease and Dax never clogged my pores as a child :giggle:, I don't see how a little natural oil can. I say that to say this - I don't have a problem oiling my scalp. I have been doing so for years now and I still have a lot of healthy hair on my head. The only difference is that I actually massage my scalp with it now :yep:

nysister

Honey if those thick, petrolatum and mineral oil filled Royal Crown Grease and Dax never clogged my pores as a child :giggle:, I don't see how a little natural oil can. I say that to say this - I don't have a problem oiling my scalp. I have been doing so for years now and I still have a lot of healthy hair on my head. The only difference is that I actually massage my scalp with it now :yep:

LOL True! That's a good point...Massaging it in. I'm going to try that on the weekend. Thanks!

Aggie

Sorry ladies. I thought I posted on this.

The owned of RT will be posting a separate challenge once he creates a vendor account here. From there you'll be able to get the oil.

@gorgeoushair @MizzBFly @PJaye
This is some good news @nysister. Please ask the owner to post the thread in the Vendors Forum since the coupon code cannot be seen by non-members in there. Tag me when this happens please. As you can see, I'm interested in this oil since I already bought 3 of their largest bottles. I sure wish they would consider making an 8oz size though.

nysister

This is some good news @nysister. Please ask the owner to post the thread in the Vendors Forum since the coupon code cannot be seen by non-members in there. Tag me when this happens please. As you can see, I'm interested in this oil since I already bought 3 of their largest bottles. I sure wish they would consider making an 8oz size though.

As soon as I hear from him I'll mention that. And I'll tag everyone here. Hopefully he'll be on it soon but I plan on reaching out in a week or so to remind him that many are interested in trying it.

Agreed 8oz or 12oz would be ideal.

Aggie

As soon as I hear from him I'll mention that. And I'll tag everyone here. Hopefully he'll be on it soon but I plan on reaching out in a week or so to remind him that many are interested in trying it.

Agreed 8oz or 12oz would be ideal.
Awesome! Thanks hon

Aggie

Okay now that my dark bottles I bought from amazon are finally here, I get on with the mixing. I have a little tea warmer I will use to sit the mix on so it can infuse with some gentle heat for a day or two.

Aggie

My Rooted Treasures JBCO is at the courier and hopefully I will be able to pick it up by Wednesday. Any news on a discount code for us @nysister

nysister

My Rooted Treasures JBCO is at the courier and hopefully I will be able to pick it up by Wednesday. Any news on a discount code for us @nysister

Unfortunately no :( Perhaps he decided not to push this as a marketing effort. Sorry ladies. He seemed very sincere about it. :/ I will let you all know if I hear any follow up.

Aggie

Okay I picked up my RT jbco and I gatta say, this stuff is amazing. It has a roasted smell and it is really dark. I really like it a lot. By far, this is the best jbco I've ever used. I've tried the Haitian one as well but this one wins hands down.

Even the Sunny Isles brand has nothing on this one. I will definitely be using this one the most if it doesn't itch my scalp silly. I will definitely use it on my brows and lashes for sure. I just wish it wasn't so costly.

nysister

Thanks for the comparison Aggie. That is helpful!

I've been using the JBCO spray mixture I made for strengthening and added moisture it. It also helps stretch the product, and leave a lighter scent on my hair.

Okay I picked up my RT jbco and I gatta say, this stuff is amazing. It has a roasted smell and it is really dark. I really like it a lot. By far, this is the best jbco I've ever used. I've tried the Haitian one as well but this one wins hands down.

Even the Sunny Isles brand has nothing on this one. I will definitely be using this one the most if it doesn't itch my scalp silly. I will definitely use it on my brows and lashes for sure. I just wish it wasn't so costly.

Aggie

Thanks for the comparison Aggie. That is helpful!

I've been using the JBCO spray mixture I made for strengthening and added moisture it. It also helps stretch the product, and leave a lighter scent on my hair.
I don't mind the scent at all. It might be the Caribbean blood in me. I really like the scent a lot actually.

Aggie

My first night using my oil was tonight. I massaged it in for 5 minutes, moisturized and sealed my ends and I'm ready for bed in a few hours.