Jessicurl Cleansing Cream REVIEW

charmtreese

Here's the deal, I've been using WEN to cleanse my hair for close to a year now with great results. Out of curiosity I decided to try Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream (since I love her Too Shea and Weekly Treatment conditioner so much).

Well Long story short I cheated on my baby WEN with a completely substandard shampoo! I was fooled to believe that because the name of the product contained "cream" that this would be a creamy, moisturizing, SLS free product. Even the bottle says "A mild and moisturizing alternative to shampoo". :nono: Boy was I dooped!:wallbash:

My hair NEVER feels rough, dry or tangly when I use WEN however this mess just felt like the run of the mill shampoo on my hair. Then again, I could just be spoiled since Im so use to washing with a cleansing conditioner.:look: I ended up having to pull out my WEN to get my hair back to the way I like it.

I'm not going to bother returning it, I'll just keep it and use it for times I feel that I may have a lot of build-up, I'll mix it with water and BS. The only good thing about it was that I only had to wash with WEN once, instead my normal 2 to 3 times.

natstar

i was JUST about to order this last night. I'm sorry it didn't work for you- i think I will pass now. thanks for the review

Cassandra1975

I liked the cleansing cream - was much better for me that shampoos.
If you're going to keep it, get a puff and use it as a body wash - that is one of the suggestions on her website. :yep:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I developed the concept of cleansing conditioning in 1993. I have been a hairstylist and colorist since 1985 and started developing products for other hair companies in 1986.
After years of working as a stylist and colorist and witnessing the damaging results of shampoo on my clients’ hair, I knew something had to change. Lathering, harsh detergents and sodium laurel/laureth sulfates found in most shampoos were not only damaging their hair, but also their health and the environment. Most would experience color fading/stripping, dull, lifeless, frizzy and dry hair, dry
scalps, oily scalps, scalp disorders, and hair loss.
That was "WEN®" I developed my concept in cleansing the hair without detergents or harsh chemicals. WEN® cleanses with astringent properties without lathering, while strengthening, adding sheen, luster, moisture and manageability to the hair. WEN® is invigorating and
nourishing to both the hair and scalp. Color appears to be more vibrant and last longer.
WEN® is formulated with the perfect balance for all hair types and due to its high moisture content, it also performs amazingly on ethnic hair. Give your hair the love it deserves with WEN® cleansing conditioners and styling products and instantly notice the impressive results. There has never been a single product that changes hair so dramatically.

This is from the Chaz Dean website.

charmtreese

Hmm I used it a few years ago and really liked it...everyone's hair can react so differently to products!

I think my expectations was just shattered because I thought it was going to be like a cleansing conditioner, really creamy or something rather than a shampoo.

If I was looking for a shampoo, then I guess it would be aight!:look:

charmtreese

I liked the cleansing cream - was much better for me that shampoos.
If you're going to keep it, get a puff and use it as a body wash - that is one of the suggestions on her website. :yep:

That's a great idea!

I will probably try it again on my hair next week and just concentrate it on my scalp only. For some reason my hair does not like suds at all!:lachen:

AtlantaJJ

I developed the concept of cleansing conditioning in 1993. I have been a hairstylist and colorist since 1985 and started developing products for other hair companies in 1986.
After years of working as a stylist and colorist and witnessing the damaging results of shampoo on my clients’ hair, I knew something had to change. Lathering, harsh detergents and sodium laurel/laureth sulfates found in most shampoos were not only damaging their hair, but also their health and the environment. Most would experience color fading/stripping, dull, lifeless, frizzy and dry hair, dry
scalps, oily scalps, scalp disorders, and hair loss.
That was "WEN®" I developed my concept in cleansing the hair without detergents or harsh chemicals. WEN® cleanses with astringent properties without lathering, while strengthening, adding sheen, luster, moisture and manageability to the hair. WEN® is invigorating and
nourishing to both the hair and scalp. Color appears to be more vibrant and last longer.
WEN® is formulated with the perfect balance for all hair types and due to its high moisture content, it also performs amazingly on ethnic hair. Give your hair the love it deserves with WEN® cleansing conditioners and styling products and instantly notice the impressive results. There has never been a single product that changes hair so dramatically.

This is from the Chaz Dean website.
Oh thank you, I saw this on an informercial at the gym last week, but I couldn't hear the volume!! I'm going to sit my PJ self down because I'm sure this stuff is wonderful...:look: Thanks for posting!

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Wow, that stuff is expensive. Does it last long?
I'm really spoiled by my 1.69 shikakai. LOL

I just started using it and I have the 6 oz. size. The instructios say if you use it every other day, it will last 4-6 weeks.

I will be using it at least 1x a week during my moisturizing day. I am on the Ovation/Mega Tek challenge and we are upping our moisture game and this is going to be the moisturizing product for me (along with my Ojon (prepoo) & Nexuss Humectress (DC).

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Not to hijack (I think I alread did), but a saleswoman at my car dealership uses WEN and she was singing it's praises too (along with our Charmtreese) and her hair was amazing I must say.

I just had so many products at the time, that I didn't bite. Wish I had a though now...:ohwell:

charmtreese

Wow, that stuff is expensive. Does it last long?
I'm really spoiled by my 1.69 shikakai. LOL

I was using shikakai and WEN at the same time (Shikakai use to be the only thing I washed my hair with), I still really like the Shikakai bar, but have not repurchased it in a while.

I only cleanse my hair once a week and the 16oz bottle of WEN last anywhere from 8-12 weeks. I normally purchase from QVC, they often have great deals on WEN.

scorpian

I have the gentle cleansing poo and the cleansing cream brand new
Bought them but never used them and now I don't need too

d-rock

Glad I found this. I was going to use Aubrey Organics shampoo, but my cuz (who is a stylist for natural hair) advised against it. I'm going to order some of this, use it, and then ask her if she's familiar with it. lol...