jet black hair and light skin

g.lo

i am about B color, and i once tried that look:nono: , no offense to any asians, but i looked very chinese and it didn't suit me!! too harsh!

PureSilver

Personally i think the look is quite sexy especially if the individual has bold eyes.....WOW!

I've been contemplating to color my natural hair black for my debut of my all natural napps. I'm not even sure what my skin tone is because its so uneven but i'm more leaning towards the honey colored look so i'm working on evening out the face neck and upper body tone.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I love the look! Especially blue-black-- it has a special place in my heart. :cupid:

Last edited:

MaraWithLove

I'm actually quite "pale" when summer goes away lol and I've had jet black hair a few different times. Someone always ends up asking me if I'm part Italian or Indian. Funny. Anyways, I love the look and I say go for it. What ma be "harsh" to someone else can be lovely to you! :)

*CherryPie*

I have an olive skintone and people say that black looks harsh on me. I used to dye my hair black and it was a little harsh. Browns, and reddish browns seem to work better for me.

growinmyhair

I say go for it, unless your the palest of white or albino, then that would be too harsh. Most chinese people if not all have jet black hair, if they can get away with it i'm sure someone with beyonce's complexion can. She needs to get rid of that hair colour she's been wearing for the last decade.

Last edited:

dollface0023

My natural hair color is a Sandy brown and I prefer jet black hair on me. It just really pops and looks so shiny....

Bublin

Jet black and pale skin (a pale, yellow undertoned complexion) checking in. In fact since being natural my friends/family have asked if i've dyed my hair as it's now sooo black.

I have always dreamed of dying my hair much lighter as i know i wouldn't look so pale but i'm too scared.

Last edited:

Bublin

third that motion ..

I look washed out with jet black hair ...it really depends on your pigment ....I needs me some color ...when I put on a jet black wig ..I look like a witch:nono:.

But I have seen some gorgeous heads of black hair on LHCF

:lachen: LOL. That's it....i couldn't quite put my finger on it....Now i know why i don't look good with a wig on, even one that matches my hair color, it's because i look like a witch. :lachen:

hairoffire

i agree with what the other posters have said: unless you're the palest white, black hair looks good on just about everyone.

i'm maybe Evelyn on BBW's complexion & i just recently henna/indigo'd my hair to jet black...love it! i used to dye my hair blue-black in high school until i my early 20's when i went thru a honey blonde stage. but black just makes my hair look healthier...especially with the henna/indigo. my curls are fuller/thicker looking & have great shine

my daughter has reddish brown complextion & is a natural redhead. she decided she needed a change & dyed her hair black. it was a shock at first cuz her hair hasn't been that dark since she was a child, but it looked good on her too. but now she's going back to her natural color cuz she misses it:giggle:

greenandchic

I'm "medium" and I love jet black hair on me. I've been too lazy to do the henna/indigo, but now I have some zeal after reading this thread.

I figured I'd better take advantage while I'm still in my 30s because I know as I get older it will look too harsh on me. If I was darker, it would probably be OK.

Diva_Esq

I am very light-skinned with naturally jet black hair (and a lotta grays now...lol). I've always looked fine! ;)

Anavrin

Ive considered dying my hair black but i thought id look like a freak of nature being vanilla skinned with yellow undertones. i guess id look more like a mythical creature lol... on a sidenote when i toured my college there was a mixed girl there with skin lighter than mine with naturally jet black hair. I thought she looked pretty dope.

Honey Bee

I wonder about this. I used to color my hair blue black in the winter, but then I fell off. Then, I tried on a wig in the bss and the African lady there told me it was too dark for my complexion (which is brown). [I mentioned she was African bc I don't know if that makes a difference in the 'acceptable color palette' or whatever.]

Anyway, I'm thinking about going darker because I think it looks healthier/ fuller. Idk.

eta: no, I'm not light-skinned. :look::lol:

bellashair

I think it depends on the individual. I usually think black hair is complimenting on most women but there are certain instances where jet black hair can be harsh depending on a variety of things. I think eyebrows are a very important factor when it comes to black hair. You have to find a balance that works for your face.

Blyss_curls

I think it only works for certain undertones.

ITA.
Speaking for myself only, as I get older--I am disliking my appearance w/darker hair. Wasn't an issue when I was younger. Now, I feel the need to lighten my hair somewhat (bring in some reds, etc.) to bring out and work w/undertones. Otherwise, I feel I look really washed out.

Bleh.

Last edited:

NikkiQ

I was a die hard SUPER dark hair wearer for a long time! There are just a few pics where you can really see it...along with my avatar

Attachments

• 9035_152190222194_665623_n.jpg
    9035_152190222194_665623_n.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 25659_406709567194_1307999_n.jpg
    25659_406709567194_1307999_n.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 75
  • 267763_10150310099142195_6706085_n.jpg
    267763_10150310099142195_6706085_n.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 86

sb44

I wish I could wear my hair died jet black, but it just doesn't look good on me. It washes me out and EVERY dark mark on my face looks twice as bad. Never again! I love to see long, shiny jet black hair on other women whose skin tone allows them to carry it off though.

caliscurls

It's a very classy and sexy look in my opinion. Maybe it's the shock of it that makes it so appealing..like some people who have starkly different colored eyes or eyebrows.

MaraWithLove

I think black can work on anybody, and as some others have said the eyebrows can be very critical!

I've had my hair black when relaxed and now as a natural. I just feel it looks much better on me than my natural hair, which is too light for me in comparison.

NikkiQ I think it looked very nice on you! :yep:

Attachments

• dancenight.jpg
    dancenight.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 35
  • pinkstreaked.jpg
    pinkstreaked.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 35
  • braidoutmohawk.jpg
    braidoutmohawk.jpg
    239.5 KB · Views: 34
  • shrunkenandfeathers.jpg