jet black hair and light skin

sprungonhairboards

Wow I guess I dont know what "light skinned" is anymore. I dont consider Beyonce light skinned but everyone else seems to :confused: To me she's just brown. I'm waaay lighter than her and I'm only "kinda" brown with a tan and only during the summer. My skin is closer to most white peoples than most blacks the rest of the year. I dyed my hair oriental black with bigen once to cover a *cough* dye job gone green and at first I was taken aback but it grew on me. I was relaxed with shoulder length hair then and I agree with the poster who said it looks better on straight hair, imo.

mkstar826

supersonic
sprungonhairboards said:
Wow I guess I dont know what "light skinned" is anymore. I dont consider Beyonce light skinned but everyone else seems to :confused: To me she's just brown.

me too...i was reading this post confused, lol. her and michelle are almost the same shade and i don't consider michelle light-skinned at all. to me people like nicole ari parker and faith evans are light-skinned.

anyway, i like jet black hair on most people. it's beautiful.

Chyna Red

I used a black rinse once and hated it on me. I looked like a witch. It was way too harsh of a look. My daughter, on the other hand, is extremely light and her hair is jet black and it looks good on her. Go figure.

melodee

I have that look currently, as does my sis and all my mexican american cousins. We all think we're lovely. I love light hair, but it doesn't come naturally for me, so I'm staying away from damaging hair dyes.

FashionistaNY

I'm about Beyonce's complexion and I've had both black hair and brown/blondish. I have to say, though I like both and personally I prefer the darkbrown/black look, most people preferred the honey brown/blond on me. They said that it complimented my skin tone best and the black was too harsh.

Aerie17

I'm light-skinned and have worn black hair for about a year and a half. Shiny black hair looks exotic, but I have come to the conclusion that those of us with warm undertones look more natural and youthful with warmer-colored hair. Mine was not blue-black, just what they call "natural" black. However, just tonight I used a color remover, "Uncolor" by Clairol which is available at Sally's. It did take some of the color out. I am going back with dark warm brown. I just could not deal with such a stark color contrast with my gray (actually my gray hair does not "gray"---it's pure white) roots! Eventually, I will lighten up and let my "gray" be the highlights as the semi-permanent or temporary color washes out. The gray strands always wash to a gold or red-gold. If you have a cool undertone, black should look great!

ellennicole

I LOVE the look. I have naturally jet black hair (people think I dye it). My skin has yellow undertones. I think the look adds to the "exotic" factor, esp. since my eyebrows are jet black as well.

It's funny b/c when I was younger I HATED my black hair and couldn't wait to color it, but now I think that it makes my look.

Last edited:

Country gal

melodee said:
I have that look currently, as does my sis and all my mexican american cousins. We all think we're lovely. I love light hair, but it doesn't come naturally for me, so I'm staying away from damaging hair dyes.

Melodee, I think you look pretty with dark hair. It is a nice contrast to your skin complexion. I think some latinas look so beautiful with their black hair. I was so mad at JLO and Christina for going lighter.

I also think black hair looks good on dark skin too.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
felicia said:
when i say light i mean around beyonce's skintone. good or bad idea? why?
Thanks
i dont see nothing wrong with jet black hair on light skin. there are several people in the world with dark hair and light skin. ;)

thickness

Love jet black hair! I have had several colors, but I always go back to black. It just looks better on me. Plus it covers gray perfectly. :)

ADB

My hair is naturally jet black, and I have red and yellow undertones. People love the color of my hair. I have just recently let my eyebrows grow back in black, I had bleached them to a brown color. I dont think the brown eyebrows looked natural on me.

WhipEffectz1

ellennicole said:
I LOVE the look. I have naturally jet black hair (people think I dye it). My skin has yellow undertones. I think the look adds to the "exotic" factor, esp. since my eyebrows are jet black as well.

Jet black hair with tinted black eyebrows is my trademark. I am brown skinned and I get compliments all the time. I guess it is how you rock it and not what color you are. Black can look good on most people but light colors....well that's another story!

karezone

I love really black hair and most people can wear it exept for the really pale. I do hennalucent in bark brown (black on my hair) in the winter and red rinse in the summer. I don't know if I will do black this winter though.

pistachio

I like the look, but I have trouble getting my eyebrows to look right. I have this eyebrow powder cake from Benefit and it has dark brown and black powder side by side. I usually use dark brown on my brows, but compared to my recently Bigen #59 haircolor, my brows look medium brown, so now I don't know what to do with my brows. I think they say black brows are too harsh on anyone, no matter your hair or skin color, but at the same time, I think your brows are supposed to be DARKER than your hair. :sigh:

KiniKakes

I think it looks nice too! My little sister is very fair skinned and dyes her hair jet black, and it looks REAL nice. Jet black looks great on most folks, i think, regardless of complexion.

indefinite

I tried it. It's in the pic in my siggy. I think I like myself with a lighter color. I love how jet black retains shine. It's always glossy.

Missi

missvi said:
I'm light with jet black hair and I love it.

me too, i use 'jet black' by dark & lovely...even though its really dark, I know after I shampoo again, it removes the color buildup still on my head and it looks nice. I like 'natural black' too when its warm outside

Last edited:

OneInAMillion

I love the look too! I would love to try it someday, but MAD ppl are telling me not to :confused: . My complexion is pretty close to TSUprincess' so I think it could work on me.

BTW - TSUprincess...your hair is ALWAYS lovely! I just adore your color and the style :grin:

CaliJen

I have always wanted to try jet black hair, but so many people have told me noooo! to keep your natural hair color but right now I want a change so bad....black or red hair something at least for the spring/summer:ohwell: ....I do not want anything perimanent I guess this is why I never do it... PLEASE Help me!:confused:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
OneInAMillion said:
I love the look too! I would love to try it someday, but MAD ppl are telling me not to :confused: . My complexion is pretty close to TSUprincess' so I think it could work on me.

BTW - TSUprincess...your hair is ALWAYS lovely! I just adore your color and the style :grin:

Thank you!

People kept telling me that black was too dark on me and that I should go blonde :perplexed.

I think you should try the black, though. It would look great with all of that long, thick hair you have!