Joico K Pak???!?!?!!!!! HELP!!

eurka007

I washed my hair last night and it didn't turn out good at all!!
I cowashed with nexxus keraphix.. then I did joico k-pak protein reconstruct for 5 minutes, washed it out, and then did aveeno leave in treatment, then chi silk/water/setting lotion :nono: (yeah probably too much) and then attempted to blow dry my hair....

My hair was rough rough rough!!! I could feel it when I started blowdrying, it wasn't going to be good so I hopped back in the shower, washed my hair with mizani botanifying shampoo & then conditioned again with nexxus, got out and put the leave in aveeno in then wrapped my hair (while it was still damp) and slept on it...

So I wake up this morning spray more leave in & joico split end mender in my hair and attempt to blow dry it, but all of my hair that is texlaxed is COMPLETELY dry and brittle!!! :wallbash: So I had to stop my attempt to blowdry...

right now I have a mixture of water & EVOO in my hair that is making my hair feel soft for now, but I dont know what I did wrong (sure there were multiple things) and if It was the protein treatment/ blow dryer/ my lack of know how/ or the bazillion things I put in my hair???:hammer:

Last week I washed my hair with mizani botanifying & conditioned with nexxus keraphix, put in aveeno leave in, curler set my hair w/ a mixture of motions wrap lotion/chi infusion silk/water/ & carols daughter tui oil, and after leaving in my curlers for a while I blow dried and my hair was soft and manageable...My hair was finally in the shape Ive always wanted and Im really upset that I may have ruined it?? What would you all do in this situation? Do you think its because my hair isnt completely relaxed? Was the nexxus keraphix & joico-kpak protein tretment overkill???????

Last edited:

Toy

Imo,sounds like you used to much Protein...isn't the Nexxus Keraphix a Protein?

taz007

Yes, it was definitely protein treatment overkill. You should wash with a moisturizing shampoo (I usually use Joico Moisture Recovery unless I am chelating).

Then apply the K-Pak and use an ultra moisturizing conditioner (I use K-Pak Intense Hydrator mixed with EVOO)

You should only use the Split End Mender on the very tips of your hair.

Last, you may want to leave the setting lotion out and maybe use some wrap foam.

Good luck

janeemat

Definitely too much protein. Use a good moisturizing poo and then deep cond with a moisturizing cond. You should see a great difference.

30something

When using protein you should use one of the other, you really don't need to use nexxus keraphix and joico kpak reconstruct. Usually Cowashes are suppose to be moisturizing, next time make sure some kind of moisturizing conditioner is getting on your hair, esp after using anything protein

I would probably should stay away from setting lotions for now, only because I don't like them

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
It's definitely protein overload. Stay away from all forms of protein for several weeks, and moisturize, moisturize, moisturize.

gymfreak336

Why would you use a deep penterating reconstructor after cowashing with a strengthening protein and ceramide based product?

Chevelure618

Wayyyyyy to much protein.

Clarify again, then use a Moisturizing conditioner (Megasilk Moisture Treatment...has a little protein) , seal when dry with a light oil (Shima Oil is perfect and I don't care what anyone says about her, the oil is great) and go.

Esq.2B

Why would you use a deep penterating reconstructor after cowashing with a strengthening protein and ceramide based product?

Because she just joined LHCF in December 2009 and probably doesn't know any better. :lol:. Come on Gym, let's give the newbie a break. :lachen:

Yeah OP, co-signing the ladies. There was too much protein. Use a moisturizing poo, moisturizing DC, and moisturizing leave-in until your hair returns to "normal."

Last edited:

Vintageglam

OP you might want to have a look at the following:

http://public.fotki.com/sistaslick/sistaslicks-healthy/

Its like a 101 on healthy hair care.

I am also a relative newbie so my advice to you is as follows:

1. Have a read thru sistaslicks articles and allow time for it to digest.
2. Look up the Newbie thread on here (if someone know where this is can you please provide the link).
3. DO NOT RUSH OUT AND BUY EVERYTHING YOU HEAR RAVED ABOUT ON THE BOARD. YOU WILL END UP BROKE, PEEVED AND WILL HAVE SPACE ISSUES IN YOUR BATHROOM.
4. Take you time and enjoy learning about your hair.
5. Establish 3 - 5 Healthy hair goals that you would like to achieve this year i.e. thickness, healthy ends, dry hair and read up threads and info relating to how you will deal with these issues.
6. Fina a regimen that works for you and stick to it. Find other ladies with similar hair types to you and find out what works for them. Fotki Stalking is common around these parts :sekret:
7. Get yourself a decent basic shampoo, condish, protein and moisturiser to start. Build slowly from there.

Good luck and happy hair growing... !

Welcome btw

ETA: OP I have found the newbie manual and attach it below. Hope it helps !

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=389082

Last edited:

LushLox

Don't feel too badly about it OP, a lot of us make mistakes initially. Just take a break from protein for a while and up your moisture levels; you'll soon have your hair back to normal.

That's the thing about this forum. It's a wonderful resource but all of the information can be overwhelming. Have a read of the link that stellagirl has provided as it's a good place to start. :yep:

eurka007

Because she just joined LHCF in December 2009 and probably doesn't know any better. :lol:. Come on Gym, let's give the newbie a break. :lachen:

Yeah OP, co-signing the ladies. There was too much protein. Use a moisturizing poo, moisturizing DC, and moisturizing leave-in until your hair returns to "normal."

ha ha thanks!!