Joico K Pak

pinkcar2222

Ok so I bought some Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Conditioner.
So is this a:

protien treatment?
protien condish?

I was reading some threads and saw that this may be a good conditioner?
I am having issues w/ overprocessed, thin, non-moisture retaining hair at this point.

I also bought some chelating shampoo and porosity control.

I need some assistance on how I should was my hair tonite. I also got some moisture condishes:

Keracare
DPR-11
Nexxus Humecto

What should I do tonite ... for a good wash?

gymfreak336

Ok so I bought some Joico K Pak Deep Penetrating Conditioner.
So is this a:

protien treatment?
protien condish?

I was reading some threads and saw that this may be a good conditioner?
I am having issues w/ overprocessed, thin, non-moisture retaining hair at this point.

I also bought some chelating shampoo and porosity control.

I need some assistance on how I should was my hair tonite. I also got some moisture condishes:

Keracare
DPR-11
Nexxus Humecto

What should I do tonite ... for a good wash?

K-pak is a protein treatment. When is the last time you used protein? If you have been having moisture issues, it could be too much protien or too little. Hair needs some protein to help retain moisture. If you have done a protein treatment recently try using the keracare humecto conditioner for moisture or the nexxus humectress. I personally did not like the DPR-11. If you haven't done protein in a while, try the k-pak for just 3-5 minutes and rinse. Follow it with keracare or nexxus.

pinkcar2222

Thanks Gym

I did a protein ORS MAYO AND EGG followed by LOREAL TRIPLE MOISTURE CONSISH on Sunday?

Maybe you can be my hair buddy: ( hint hint )

gymfreak336

Thanks Gym

I did a protein ORS MAYO AND EGG followed by LOREAL TRIPLE MOISTURE CONSISH on Sunday?

Maybe you can be my hair buddy: ( hint hint )

Well, I would leave the kpak out then since it can be strong. Do only moisture for your next two washes and see if your moisture levels get better. Feel free to pm me anytime.

LovelyLionessa

Joico K-Pak is definitely all about protein. I loooove their Reconstruct Conditioner. In fact, I bought a liter size of it after trying it, I liked it that much. :yep:

I used WRTC to moisturize afterwards and my hair was happy. I would always follow K-Pak w/a moisturizing conditioner. Just my Joico :twocents: although I've haven't used the Deep Penetrating Condish.

pinkcar2222

P,
Your hair is sooo nice as well as gym's. I feel like I don't even belong on this site my hair is in suuuuuch baaaad shape.

Artemis

This is why you belong here. This is what all these wonderful ladies and info is for:yep:

ITA. A lot of the updates (read:inspirations) you see around here prolly wouldn't even exist if not for this board (and others).

K-pak is a staple in my bathroom. I've been using the whole line exclusively for the past month or two, and my hair has been so happy. I'm using DE this week b/c I am trying to use it up, but once I'm done (or I get sick of it, whichever comes first) I'll be right back to my Joico :lick:.

Last edited: