JOICO K-PAK

honeybadgirl

as some of you may know, i'm an aveda girl BUT i was in NY today and there was some sort of street fair going on in the village. i ran across a vendor that was selling hair products and had a Joico K-Pak. it was 33fl oz for the shampoo and a 33fl oz conditioner and a smaller tube of the deep structuring conditoner for only $15! it was the only one they had too. i was early and probably the 1st customer actually, but anyway...i bought it only on the strength of LHCF:grin: i have read you ladies talking about it, all good things of course! i know nothing about this product:look: i was hoping you ladies could give me some advice, info, reviews, anything about it. is it a moisturing poo and conditioner or a protein?? any info would be appreciated. i already started my prepooing and will use the joico after i rinse out. i'll keep my fingers crossed. in the meantime i'll be waiting to hear from you all.......

Hi there,your hair looks gorgeous in ur siggy,,,Im a user of Joico k-pak,, its wonderful stuff, i use the reconstructor( smellz amazing)and it works to maintain my hair protein wise,, Im not gonna say its a miracle product,, the best thing ive used from them is the moisture retention conditioner,, hopefully joico will agree with your hair,, im sure it wont do anthing negative to it,, let us know how u like it or love it:).....

honeybadgirl

thanks raven, that was encouraging!!!:grin:
i'm getting ready to use it soon...i'll definitely let you know how it went.
is this k-pac moisturizing or protein? can anyone help with that question?
my hair does not like strong protein.:mad:

bravenewgirl87

DEEP CONDITION!!! IT IS VERY VERY STRONG!!! AND DON'T DEEP CONDITION WITH ANOTHER PROTEIN! Its best if you just use some cholesterol or something.

honeybadgirl

oh wow! oh oh...it just so happens that i prepooed with aveda dr intensive conditioner. is that and the joico too much??:eek: :confused:
i am air drying now via banding. what should i do?

Artemis

honeybadgirl said:
bumping...please...
also, i didnt use the deep restructing conditioner, just the regular one in the pak

Hi there!:)

So you used the regular K-pak conditioner, not the RECONSTRUCTOR?

The Reconstructor is the heavy duty protein, the regular conditioner is milder for more frequent use.

The best product descriptions are at Joico's website: http://www.joico.com

HTH

Artemis

Ooopsie, forgot to give my opinion of the products ;)

I :love: anything Joico, you cannot go wrong w/them, but if you're into Aveda, I'm not sure how much of a difference you'd see in switching products--both companies IMO are on the cutting edge of hair tech...

If you use heat regularly or rough house w/your hair, Kpak is a good line to keep around. I love the Leave-In Reconstructor Spray for my fine hair, and I will be purchasing the regular Reconstructor once I am done w/my other stuff.

I use the Moisture Recovery line regularly but I think I may switch it up w/the Kpak poo and con here and there.

Ok, now I'm done :)

honeybadgirl

thank u!!! i should be ok then with using the regular conditioner in the pak right? i still have not taken my hair out of the bands yet so i dont know whats going. i do have to add that i LOVE smell. while i was washing and conditioning i was all smiles:grin: . the aroma reminded me of apples:p . it made my senses feel good to feel like i was surrounded by apples. i'll keep it around just for that if nothing else. :lachen:
but i can add it to the my hair mix. maybe i'll use once a month and aveda the other 3x in the month.(i wash weekly)

honeybadgirl

my review on this product is its ok. its probably a good product but i must say aveda is better. i wasnt impressed a whole lot with it:(. i tried it a couple of times and it made my hair soft but even while the conditioner was on i still felt the need to reach for my aveda conditioner to help it along. it made my wet curls in to smaller ringlets which is no big deal but i just noticed that difference. the aveda brilliant makes my curls/waves more pronounce and pop. therefore, would i buy it again? i dont think so but i would recommend it. i just have something that i'm much happier with:grin: