JUANITA BYNUM'S HUSBAND IS ON BET NOW

kenyakay

Bishop Thomas Weeks III is on a BET News Special now explaining his side of the story and the relationship between him and his wife, Juanita Bynum.

Bishop Thomas Weeks III is on a BET News Special now explaining his side of the story and the relationship between him and his wife, Juanita Bynum.

Well, just from the first words out of his mouth, when he said "as a husband, I don't want to put anything out there about my wife/marriage" and then turns around and talks about his wife asking him to marry him and that he thought she was the perfect wife because she had all these conferences before they got married...I think is a cop out and instead of him taking responsibility for his marriage as the head, he's blaming her for what happened, and to me, that's pathetic...to say the least.:nono::nono::nono:

That's all I'm going to say about this tonite.

BTW: my dh says the same thing.

Well, just from the first words out of his mouth, when he said "as a husband, I don't want to put anything out there about my wife/marriage" and then turns around and talks about his wife asking him to marry him and that he thought she was the perfect wife because she had all these conferences before they got married...I think is a cop out and instead of him taking responsibility for his marriage as the head, he's blaming her for what happened, and to me, that's pathetic...to say the least.:nono::nono::nono:

BTW: my dh says the same thing.[/quote

Is this man serious??????? He is claiming "victim" and putting ALL their business out there. This is making me feel sad.

BTW: my dh says the same thing.[/quote

Is this man serious??????? He is claiming "victim" and putting ALL their business out there. This is making me feel sad.

I'll say this...when she was on BET, she said that she did not want to say anything about her husband because she was still in love with him and she would never say anything that would make him look bad.

He on the other hand, is saying that those bruises that were on her came from someone that she got to put them there to set him up. Wow...anyways, I said I wasn't going to say anything else in this thread about this...so, I'll say it with smilies from now on...:nono:

I think I'm starting to believe him. :yep:

Ok, I said I was going to be quiet about this, but I want to say one more thing:

Regardless of who was right or who was wrong in their marriage....they both are responsible for what has takened place. Not once did he take responsibility for his role in his marriage.

It takes two people to make things bad and it takes two to make it good. He put all the blame on her, which is the same thing that Adam did with Eve. Although it was Eve who 1st ate the fruit, it was Adam, who was standing right there with her, who the Lord have given the instruction too, not Eve.

In Malachi 2:13 -16 it says this:

Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.​

Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.

"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

Do you see the bolded? This is what is being done...covering up himself and not being a covering for his wife...loving her as Christ loves the church and gave Himself up for her.

I don't take sides in any marriage relationship. However, in this case...it's wrong and its sad that this is happening within the Body of Christ and its sickening to my stomach.:ohwell:

I'll say this...when she was on BET, she said that she did not want to say anything about her husband because she was still in love with him and she would never say anything that would make him look bad.

He on the other hand, is saying that those bruises that were on her came from someone that she got to put them there to set him up. Wow...anyways, I said I wasn't going to say anything else in this thread about this...so, I'll say it with smilies from now on...:nono:

I didn't watch this...In the bolded - Is he saying that he did not physically abuse his wife?

Ok, I said I was going to be quiet about this, but I want to say one more thing:

Regardless of who was right or who was wrong in their marriage....they both are responsible for what has takened place. Not once did he take responsibility for his role in his marriage.

It takes two people to make things bad and it takes two to make it good. He put all the blame on her, which is the same thing that Adam did with Eve. Although it was Eve who 1st ate the fruit, it was Adam, who was standing right there with her, who the Lord have given the instruction too, not Eve.

In Malachi 2:13 -16 it says this:

Another thing you do: You flood the LORD's altar with tears. You weep and wail because he no longer pays attention to your offerings or accepts them with pleasure from your hands. You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.​

Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.

"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

Do you see the bolded? This is what is being done...covering up himself and not being a covering for his wife...loving her as Christ loves the church and gave Himself up for her.

I don't take sides in any marriage relationship. However, in this case...it's wrong and its sad that this is happening within the Body of Christ and its sickening to my stomach.:ohwell:

I disagree with the bolded in red. :nono: There are people who haven't done anything wrong in their marriage, but their partner has. :yep: For example, If a man decided to have an affair, how did his wife who is lead to believe that she is loved help to make the marriage bad? :look: I just don't think the highlighted words in the red is always the case. :nono: There are too many people who blame themselves for why their marriage failed and they weren't the one who did anything wrong.

I disagree with the bolded in red. :nono: There are people who haven't done anything wrong in their marriage, but their partner has. :yep: For example, If a man decided to have an affair, how did his wife who is lead to believe that she is loved help to make the marriage bad? :look: I just don't think the highlighted words in the red is always the case. :nono: There are too many people who blame themselves for why their marriage failed and they weren't the one who did anything wrong.

That's fine, you can disagree.

Now, pertaining to the situation in this thread, I stand by what I said because I see it too many times. As a person who counsels married couples for many years, I know this to be a fact, MOST times.

I am sorry and I do not know????:nono::nono::nono: However, God will reveal in his Own Divine Timing with what really happen that day. I side with neither of them:nono::nono::nono:! It is just too many unanswered questions and not only that

What her husband did was wrong and God will make him pay for it. He will make this man pay for hurting his wife like that.:wallbash: I do not care male/female should not be able to hurt one another however, all too often it does happen:nono:.

Now with that said God will reveal all things to us remember "it is two sides to every story"

Be Blessed

I am sorry and I do not know????:nono::nono::nono: However, God will reveal in his Own Divine Timing with what really happen that day. I side with neither of them:nono::nono::nono:! It is just too many unanswered questions and not only that

What her husband did was wrong and God will make him pay for it. He will make this man pay for hurting his wife like that.:wallbash: I do not care male/female should not be able to hurt one another however, all too often it does happen:nono:.

Now with that said God will reveal all things to us remember "it is two sides to every story"

Be Blessed
I agree, I can't side with either of them as well. I feel strongly that both are being untruthful about too many details. However, it is still wrong for beating her like he did. Why is he lying like this? And still preaching and expecting people to see him as if 'nothing' happened. :nono::nono::nono: Sad! Just Sad!

God will definitely reveal the truth. For there are actually 3 sides. His side/Her side....................God's side! :yep:

I will say that I 'watched' them throughout their marriage. And Juanita always presented as a wife who honored him as her husband. He on the other hand was ambitious and I truly believe that he simply could not handle her success over his. He could not overcome her continued rising in the masses.....above his. He lost it. He literally lost it. If you listen to him, the clues are there. He presents himself as a man who is trying to discredit her, give people a negative view of her and make himself appear greater. He wasn't able to stop her rising in the masses and Juanita is Still yet rising....he's not.

He has not been able consede to her as the achiever she is....over him. She is more loved and admired and accepted than he is. He was not able to rise above her. So now...he pulls her down with his words. That's all he has left and yet he's only pulling himself down more. He's also afraid of going to jail and losing all he tried so hard to gain and hold on to.

It breaks my heart to 'see' this. I loved them as a couple. I can only pray for God to have His glory in all of this and breing healing to everyone. Everyone, including those who love them and have been hurt by their hurt.

Thomas....just tell the truth and let God handle the consequences so that all can heal from this....

Praise God.... :rosebud:

Last edited:
I agree, I can't side with either of them as well. I feel strongly that both are being untruthful about too many details. However, it is still wrong for beating her like he did. Why is he lying like this? And still preaching and expecting people to see him as if 'nothing' happened. :nono::nono::nono: Sad! Just Sad!

God will definitely reveal the truth. For there are actually 3 sides. His side/Her side....................God's side! :yep:

I will say that I 'watched' them throughout their marriage. And Juanita always presented as a wife who honored him as her husband. He on the other hand was ambitious and I truly believe that he simply could not handle her success over his. He could not overcome her continued rising in the masses.....above his. He lost it. He literally lost it. If you listen to him, the clues are there. He presents himself as a man who is trying to discredit her, give people a negative view of her and make himself appear greater. He wasn't able to stop her rising in the masses and Juanita is Still yet rising....he's not.

He has not been able consede to her as the achiever she is....over him. She is more loved and admired and accepted than he is. He was not able to rise above her. So now...he pulls her down with his words. That's all he has left and yet he's only pulling himself down more. He's also afraid of going to jail and losing all he tried so hard to gain and hold on to.

It breaks my heart to 'see' this. I loved them as a couple. I can only pray for God to have His glory in all of this and breing healing to everyone. Everyone, including those who love them and have been hurt by their hurt.

Thomas....just tell the truth and let God handle the consequences so that all can heal from this....

Yes, I do Agree with U :yep:

It was very intrested story. I am glad he told his side so both sides are out and pray that both can now heal.

ITA with what you are saying. It's such a shame to see this...sadness to a very high level.

I remember watching one of their conferences. She was talking about some guy that stepped to her husband, and she said she pushed Bishop Weeks out of the way and stepped to the guy herself. Bishop Weeks was smiling and everybody was clapping. It got me to thinking...Juanita is a passionate woman. I think she waited for God to send her a husband for years, and when she found Bishop Weeks, she put her heart and soul into it.

However, I think some things may have gotten out of order. I got a vibe from them. I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was content to let her lead emotionally and spiritually, but he couldn't handle her leading financially.

The thing is, he can't have it both ways. You're either the head, or you're not. She shares some of that responsibility, too. I believe she was warring with a Jezebel spirit...I've had to fight it in my own marriage. There is nothing wrong with being more famous and making more money than your husband, but I believe she probably held that over his head sometimes, and I think they both had tempers. She even spoke of throwing things at him.

I don't know what God is doing, but I know I learned something about myself from this whole ordeal.:yep:

I remember watching one of their conferences. She was talking about some guy that stepped to her husband, and she said she pushed Bishop Weeks out of the way and stepped to the guy herself. Bishop Weeks was smiling and everybody was clapping. It got me to thinking...Juanita is a passionate woman. I think she waited for God to send her a husband for years, and when she found Bishop Weeks, she put her heart and soul into it.

However, I think some things may have gotten out of order. I got a vibe from them. I could be wrong, but it seemed like he was content to let her lead emotionally and spiritually, but he couldn't handle her leading financially.

The thing is, he can't have it both ways. You're either the head, or you're not. She shares some of that responsibility, too. I believe she was warring with a Jezebel spirit...I've had to fight it in my own marriage. There is nothing wrong with being more famous and making more money than your husband, but I believe she probably held that over his head sometimes, and I think they both had tempers. She even spoke of throwing things at him.

I don't know what God is doing, but I know I learned something about myself from this whole ordeal.:yep:
:yep: You're right Lauren, 'he' can't have it both ways. I have CD of him in an interview he had with a radio personality. He (Weeks) drops a lot of names, such as his Benz...etc. I mean, "Whatever"..... :nono: You can tell he wanted to be 'admired' -- looked up to.

* sigh * :nono: I so feel bad for both of them; and for the Body of Christ.

I've learned 'something' about myself too, Lauren. I'm still learning a lot.

OT: BTW: I'm loving your nail polishes. :yep: I like the pretty pink one from last week (I think it was 'champagne' pink ??????? :lol:) It was pretty.

ITA with what you are saying. It's such a shame to see this...sadness to a very high level.
Precious Wavy, 'were it not for Jesus'...where would we be? Man can't handle this. Only and ONLY by the grace of God can we as the Body of Christ survive what's going on. Only by His grace and none other.

:yep: You're right Lauren, 'he' can't have it both ways. I have CD of him in an interview he had with a radio personality. He (Weeks) drops a lot of names, such as his Benz...etc. I mean, "Whatever"..... :nono: You can tell he wanted to be 'admired' -- looked up to.

OT: BTW: I'm loving your nail polishes. :yep: I like the pretty pink one from last week (I think it was 'champagne' pink ??????? :lol:) It was pretty.

I noticed that same thing in this interview. He said "my Range Rover" at least 2 or 3 times in describing the altercation. I'm like, what difference does the kind of car you slammed her into (allegedly) make?:ohwell: Also when he said he told Juanita if you wanna be Oprah I ain't gonna be your Stedman. I was thinking wow this man sounds really insecure.

Last edited:
I noticed that same thing in this interview. He said "my Range Rover" at least 2 or 3 times in describing the altercation. I'm like, what difference does the kind of car you slammed her into (allegedly) make?:ohwell: Also when he said he told Juanita if you wanna be Oprah I'm ain't gonna be your Stedman. I was thinking wow this man sounds really insecure.
See, that's what I mean. Who cares what kind of car he has. Why not brag on Jesus instead?

Thank you! It was Strawberry Margarita.:grin: I would direct you to the nail polish thread, but you may become hooked and I can't be responsible for leading you down that path.:lachen::drunk:

Thank you! It was Strawberry Margarita.:grin: I would direct you to the nail polish thread, but you may become hooked and I can't be responsible for leading you down that path.:lachen::drunk:
We all have our 'crosses' to bear...:rolleyes: :lol:

Lauren I love :love4: that color.

Per your other post: I totally agree with you; I have a problem with Ministry websites that show more of the building, grounds, etc, than the word of God up front being exalted instead. I don't mind seeing a nice Church, but who is the Church about? Jesus and his word.

I was highly put off when I wrote to a minister expressing how much his messge blessed me. He sent a letter back and instead of thank you, all it did was ask for financial support. I don't mind 'giving' and I do give, but this just turned me away completely.

Whatever.....:nono:

Anyway...many blessings to you Lauren, and your beautiful family. May you continue to grown and prosper in the things of God and in this life. And bless your (Chef) husband for bringing you more culinary delights from work, labeled just for you. :yep:

ITA with you, Lauren:yep:

The man refused to take responsiblity for his role as a husband and its a shame...he was given such an opportunity to have victory, even in the state of this situation and he chose the "punk" way out...:perplexed

ITA with you, Lauren:yep:

The man refused to take responsiblity for his role as a husband and its a shame...he was given such an opportunity to have victory, even in the state of this situation and he chose the "punk" way out...:perplexed
Precious Wavy, I am 'too through'. And I am Soooooooo disappointed with the way he is not 'man' enough, let alone Godly enough to be an example of humility and tell the truth.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm trying to 'guard' my keystorkes (cyber comments)....but... :nono::nono::nono::nono:.

Is there a 'shaking' smiley here? The kind where you grab a person and just shake the devil out him? :lachen:That's what I want to do with him. Shake the devil out of him.

Precious Wavy, I am 'too through'. And I am Soooooooo disappointed with the way he is not 'man' enough, let alone Godly enough to be an example of humility and tell the truth.

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

I'm trying to 'guard' my keystorkes (cyber comments)....but... :nono::nono::nono::nono:.

Is there a 'shaking' smiley here? The kind where you grab a person and just shake the devil out him? :lachen:That's what I want to do with him. Shake the devil out of him.

Sis...this is the closest smilie to shaking....to me::hardslap:

Back