*Just added pics* Of my tangled mess

jd_bdfly

CharUK said:
Thanks guys.

i'm very grateful my thick natural hair is returning, I never thought it ever would again.

But the knots and tangling was truly ridiculous!!! (that's how we spell it in the UK!)

I don't blow dry my hair, it's wave nouveau and besides, I don't want to use heat on it before it's at it's healthiest, which definitely is not now! LOL.

I had knots and tangles mostly from the permed hair, and I know I should just BC now, but i'm just not ready... Looks like another set of braids for me.

x

By the way, the hair texture coming in is NOT like when I was younger... will I ever get that texture back or is it gone for good?
xx
This is the same thing that's happening to me. My relaxed ends are defintely not friends with the new growth. However, I want to hang on to them at least a bit more because I will be lost as far as work styles go if I can't make my trusty bun. I recently started using Just For Me kiddie detangler. That works pretty well. In the meantime, hang on and be patient.

SherryLove

ok, charuk, was this just a ploy to get us to see your beautiful new growth?????LOL.....it looks very thick and healthy.....

NGC

Hey Char,

Your hair looks great to me! How do you wash your hair? Do you scruch it up while shampooing? If so, that may cause more tangles.

I made a habit of always washing "down" the strands when I shampoo and didn't have problems with tangling. I made the mistake of scrunching my hair while applying henna and indigo this weekend and oh my goodness, tangles EVERYWHERE! I was soooo upset. I'm talking tangles the size of golf balls. I finally worked my way through it and vowed to never again forget to wash "downward".

With your hair texture, it may take a while for your "real" texture to grow in. My hair was really fluffy when I first grew it out (to natural), but now it's not so fluffy. It took about 18 for it to settle (so to speak).

Good luck!

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Thanks for the replies ladies!

JD: I'll try that kiddie detangler if I don't have any luck with DDTA.

Sherry, you caught me out girl! LOL, no seriously though, it took me ages just to get a parting.

NGC: Thanks for the tips, I actually do scrunch my hair up, which looking back, probably isn't the best thing to do! i'm going to try your method this weekend, wish me luck.

x