Just another Jilbere rave!!!

Ennyaa

OMG I just HAD to take a moment to tell you guys I am LOVING my Jilbere Ceramic Flatiron. I got the 1" one for Christmas (per my request, lol) And I just used it for the first time yesterday. All I can say is WOW!

It's been 8 weeks since my texturizer and I have 4 more weeks to go till my next one. Anyways, I've been wearing braids for the past 3 and 1/2 weeks and I was gonna try to wait till this weekend to redo them but decided to take them out early and style my hair for New Year's Eve. Anyway Monday night I spent a few hours taking them out, gave my self a hot oil treatment, washed and deep conditioned with Mizani Moisturefuse. Then I put in the New Image Damage Free Thermal Active Styling Conditioner. Put my hair in about 12 big braids and went to sleep with my satin scarf on.

When I got up in the morning I broke out the Jilbere and using a dab of WGO on each section I flatironed my hair. I simply couldn't BELIEVE how quickly and easily it got my hair straight... REALLY straight and it didn't even seem to get that hot! /images/graemlins/grin.gif (I had it on setting 10) My sister actually thought I had permed my hair and commented that it's the longest it's been in a long time (FINALLY a little below my shoulders.)

Sorry to ramble on and on but i was just SO PLEASED with this flatiron. I don't plan to use it more than once a month if that much but it's just so nice to feel like I finally have a tool that can handle my hair well and not damage it.

Thanks SO MUCH you ladies on the board for all your recommendations. Can you tell I'm insanely happy? hahahahahaha

pebbles

Hi Ennyaa,

I'm really happy for you that the flat iron is working so well. It's always great to hear about products that work nicely and this item seems to be a favorite with a lot of the sisters on this board. It's wonderful to hear! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Allandra

I'm glad you like yours too. Isn't it great? So far, I've only used mine once in early December. I plan on using it again this weekend. I can't believe how smooth and silky it makes my hair feel.

Ennyaa

Yeah I've gotta be careful with this one and make a conscious effort to not use it too much because I just loved the way it made my hair feel. Of course I sweated out my press some from partying on New Years Eve /images/graemlins/smirk.gif but I made a point just to use some gel and tie it down and NOT re-press it. I'll be rebraiding my hair this weekend but I'm already looking forward to a month from now when I'll press my hair again. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa

Sorry to spread my PJism /images/graemlins/tongue.gif but, the iron really is good. Maybe you can get someone to buy it for ya like I did. Anybody still owe you a Christmas present? lol

auntybe

Ennyaa:

I'm glad you like your flat iron I have the same one and I talk about how much I like it all the time....my cousin says it's my new boyfriend.

LondonDiva

Yes girl I am insanely happy for you, cause your post has me itching to get one of these bad boys for my hair. And I don't even wear my hair out. But you know for special occassions where you want to show off your length for the night, it maybe worthwhile to add to the collection.

I would actually love to see someones flat press with a ceramic iron on this board after all the raves. Not disputing it works but, you know...we just wanna see /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ennyaa

Hahahaha. Well girl I took a picture of my hair that day after the press so when I finally put up my progress pics (likely in March) it will be in there. In fact next time I will take a "before pic" JUST for you! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And as for wearing my hair down... For the first time I experienced that anxiety you guys were talking about and my hair is only just now hitting my shoulders. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif My hair looked so good my sister even thought it was permed, but I was SO SCARED I was jacking it up just for having it down for like 6 or 7 hours. I had that stuff up in a drawstring pontail and thoroughly sprayed with S-Curl before I went ANYWHERE that night. lol In fact, that's how I'm wearing it right now. Maybe after I get a few more inches I won't be so worried about it.

kasey

Yes flat ironed ladies--especially those who have unrelaxed hair. Please post your Jilbere flat iron pics. We have seen VG's but the more the better.

I too am tempted to get the iron. But I have been so anti-shopping lately.

I probably visited three Sally's last week trying to find the New Image product and glanced at the iron each time I visited the store.

Since I'm not quite ready to experiment with straight hair it was easy to delay the purchase. But more pictures will definately be an inspiration.

--kc

Faith

You guys are getting me very excited waiting for mine to arrive. I CAN'T WAIT!

Enyaa, what hair type do you have? I ask cause I want to see what temp I would use it on. Most of the ladies seem to use it on 15. The lower the better. I'm glad it worked out for you. Tools like this make it easier to stay natural..for me anyways cause I want the straight hair without the chemicals. I have promised to take a pic come Feb14, so that'll be another natural head. I hope it straightens my 4zzz roots though..lol!

skegeesmb

Yes, I must say this is by far the best flat iron I've used so far. If you go to my natural pictures all the longer straightened pictures are with the help of the flatiron. My signature picture is with my hair flatironed. I've been without a touch up for almost 13 months.

Ennyaa

LOL at your "new" hair type. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I consider myself 4a (if that's the one with the 'S' pattern) And it did wonders on my roots. I also saw that some ladies used a higher setting but I figured I'd start at 10 cuz I was nervous. When it straightened with no problem I just left it there. I doubt if I'll go higher than that.

Robin41

FYI, for all prospective purchasers, Sally's has a special for the month of January: a free 12 oz. Ion Anti-Frizz leave-in OR 6 oz. Ion Brilliance Shine spray with the purchase of any Jilbere flat iron. You can print the coupon at www.sallybeauty.com.

Now I absolutely HAVE to buy one!

garr6982

Hi Ennyaa!

Congrats on your results and also congrats on your upcoming nuptuals. I will be preceding you on May 17th! I also bought the wide version of the flat irons and cannot wait to use it /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

I noticed that you mentioned you have a texturizer. What is your hair texture and did you get it to keep your hair from reverting when pressed

My hair is 4a with some 3c and I am toying with the idea of a texturizer for the wedding and the honeymoon but I do not want to risk it getting too straight.
sorry about the punctuation my computer is really tripping /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thanks for any suggestions!

Ennyaa

Hey girl Congrats on your pending "Big Day" also! May is so close you must be about to BUST! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I would say that my texture is 4a however it feels different somehow since I started on the vitamins. It's softer or something. Anyhow I was doing a relaxer up until my last touch up in November and decided that I wanted my hair to have more body and to have the option of going curly/wavy instead of always straight. So I opted for the texturizer which is just a very mild relaxer.

Now with all that said I notice that my new growth (bout 2" I think) seems very easy to straighten. My press lasted pretty well and would have been even better if I hadn't been partying so hard on New Years with sweat dripping down. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif As I said before I only used the iron on 10 with some WGO and my hair got VERY straight. Also when I just washed it this Friday I braided it wet and let it air dry overnight with a scarf. The next day my roots seemed more manageable than my fuzzy ends. Ah the glory of vitamins.

JerseyGirl

I purchased this flat iron this weekend and its the boom. I love it. I also saw the flat iron at Duane Reade for $34.99 (it was the big one).

Cleo

Ennyaa I have 4a hair and setting 3 works very well for me ...I'm scared to go higher. Try it, i'm sure it will work (I'm relaxed though, (not bone strait) so not sure it that make a difference. I'm sure 5 would be just fine though.

Ennyaa

Hmmm... Well I'm gonna try a lower setting next time then. 3 huh? I'll start there and work my way up if that's not hot enough. Gracias amiga. /images/graemlins/smile.gif