I think the Mebco shower detangler beats out the Jilbere!!!

Natakue

i have been on the lookout for this comb for a while now. does anybody in the nyc are know where i can get one? the sally's in the bronx moved away!:(

Natakue

thanks, alexstin, i saw some online, but the shipping is more than the actual comb!! :lol: that's why i'm still checking out the stores.

eta: ok nevermind that, i just ordered it from www.afrokinks.com for $4.20 total. i'm cool with that. :)

Last edited:

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
If you drive, there's 2 Sally's that I know of: 1 in Brooklyn and 1 in Staten Island....

Natakue said:
i have been on the lookout for this comb for a while now. does anybody in the nyc are know where i can get one? the sally's in the bronx moved away!:(

Natakue

thanks bklyn, i'm going to check out the brooklyn one when i have time to take a subway adventure (since i don't really drive :perplexed ) i'll just wait until midterms are over. :)

brickhouse

I bought mine from Sally's for $2.19 and my hair hates this comb. I had to go back to Jilbere because I was loosing too much hair. I may use it after I get my touchup. I am about 12wks post touchup.

e$h

brickhouse said:
I bought mine from Sally's for $2.19 and my hair hates this comb. I had to go back to Jilbere because I was loosing too much hair. I may use it after I get my touchup. I am about 12wks post touchup.

What she said. I used it 2 days ago in the shower and I was like :eek: . Not good! So I dunno.

theAlist

Oh man...I'm sorry to hear that :eek: ...but I don't lose hardly any hairs with this comb, wet or dry and I'm a natural

HoneyDew

bump!

I bought this comb after seeing it in Sally's. I should have know I could find a review here. :D

Anyway this comb really is a gem!

SouthernTease

If I'm in the shower, I don't have to comb
that much... if it gets too tangled I just
use more conditioner.
Sorry, but I'm sticking with my Jilbere.
I luvs it too much and it's pink
those combs are brown... ewww :lol:
Whatever... maybe I'm bias...
my favorite color is pink...
if they make the Mebco in
pink... I might COP it.

Last edited:

HoneyDew

It is the Tortoise shell color - actually it is a classy color, in my opinion. I have some hair and claw clips in Tortoise shell.

Personally, I cannot say that the Jilbere is all that better (I have both), but this one has longer bigger teeth which I think some may find handy, especially when you have lots of NG and hair with a tendency to break at the line of demarcation. This comb also looks like it will be good for those that are rinsing out Henna, Cassia and other treatments like these. I am going to give it that test on Sunday when I plan on doing a cassia treatment. The Jilbere does okay with helping with those rinses, so I will test to see how better this on is.

Sexyred

I have this comb it comes in a detangling set from ULTA. I think I paid about $5.00 and if you use a 20% off coupon it can be cheaper.

Blackoutzangel05

I love my jilbere....but since I left it in my old townhouse and don't want to go back and get it, since I am going to have to get a new one anyway might have to try this one out.

neonbright

I tried that comb and didn't like it, I gave it to my step daughter and she love it. But now that I have a corrective I may try it again...