I think the Mebco shower detangler beats out the Jilbere!!!

alexstin

Anyone else using this? I'm 15 weeks post and bought the MEBCO cause I realized the Jilbere shower comb was not doing the job. It took me at least an hour to detangle BUT all the knots are finally gone.:D The Mebco allowed me to detangle in a way that the Jilbere never has. I'm glad I decided to try it!!

I feel like I have a fresh start!!:grin:

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I have this comb as well, and their super-wide tooth comb. I agree that the Mebco shower comb is the best I've used on wet or dry hair. :up:

secretdiamond

hmmmm. the jilbere isn't cutting it at all for me. I've stopped using it altogether. I loved it at first b/c it was nice combing without seems, but after that- nope!

alexstin

Here it is, purchased at Sally Beauty for about $3:

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I may have to try this. The Jilbere shower comb did nothing for my hair. I have yet to find the right detangler comb.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I still love (all 4) of my Jilbere combs, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying new things... right? :lol:

GirlywithCurlies

alexstin said:
Here it is, purchased at Sally Beauty for about $3:

OMG I LOVE THIS COMB! Between this and my Denman D3 detangling my previously unruly Natural 4a hair was impossible, if only my mom had known about this back in the day I would have loved hair wash day!

SweetAKA

I was thinking about this the other day during my wash. The Jilbere comb makes me have to work to hard in getting tangles out, and use a lot more conditioner. At 9 weeks my new growth has sprouted legs and is taking off a lot faster than I can keep up and the Jilbere doesnt seem to be helping it when it's wet. It does do great when it's dry though.

I'll have to check this out today.

alexstin

SweetAKA said:
At 9 weeks my new growth has sprouted legs and is taking off a lot faster than I can keep up and the Jilbere doesnt seem to be helping it when it's wet.

:lachen: I know what you mean!!:lol:

LovelyLionessa

There is absolutely no comparison in my mind between Jibere and the Mebco combs, especially the detangling comb. Those combs are amazing. Jibere can miss a lot of knots and tangles but the Mebco detangling comb gets down to the roots and I love their mega wide tooth comb too. :D

alexstin

Priestess said:
There is absolutely no comparison in my mind between Jibere and the Mebco combs, especially the detangling comb. Those combs are amazing. Jibere can miss a lot of knots and tangles but the Mebco detangling comb gets down to the roots and I love their mega wide tooth comb too. :D

Girl, why didn't you tell somebody!!!:lol: I wish I'd discovered this 5 weeks post instead of 15:ohwell: .

Je Ne Sais Quoi

On my way to Sally's TODAY to get one of these combs. I didn't like the Jilbere because of the little round things on the end of the teeth. They always snag my hair. The comb you posted looks like it's going to be my new best friend. :lol:

*Bre~Bre* said:
On my way to Sally's TODAY to get one of these combs. I didn't like the Jilbere because of the little round things on the end of the teeth. They always snag my hair. The comb you posted looks like it's going to be my new best friend. :lol:

[SIZE=+0]Mebco Tortoise Shower Detangler [/SIZE]
By: Mebco

Sally Item #: 183952

Detangles thick, medium or long hair -- helping to eliminate damage to fragile, wet hair
Quality tortoise look.
Rounded teeth move through hair easily without damaging scalp or hair.

blackbarbie

This comb looks like it can do some serious detangling with those big long/wide teeth! Thanks for posting a review and also I have the Jilbere, I will have to at least give this one a try.

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
Aww jeez, somethin' else for me to buy! :lol: :lol:

I was planning on going to Sally's anyway, so why not pick this up too? :look:

LovelyLionessa

alexstin said:
Girl, why didn't you tell somebody!!!:lol: I wish I'd discovered this 5 weeks post instead of 15:ohwell: .

Sooorreee!!! :lol: I found that it works well on new growth full of conditioner while washing since it does reach down to the roots. :yep:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I bought mine today and used it. I love the way it feels on my scalp. My only complaint is that the comb seems rather small in my hands. Am I tripping or do I have Seinfeld episode "man hands"?

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
LMAO!!

Gonna get this comb today-hope my Sally's has it. I also hope that I don't have a case of "man hands"... :p

*Bre~Bre* said:
I bought mine today and used it. I love the way it feels on my scalp. My only complaint is that the comb seems rather small in my hands. Am I tripping or do I have Seinfeld episode "man hands"?

alexstin

*Bre~Bre* said:

:lol: I think the handle could be longer and I have small hands. I got used to it after holding it for an hour, though!!!