Just Wanted to Say I Love You, LHCF, Despite What Others Think

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I often browse another Black haircare site for tips, but LHCF is always my home.

Today while reading a thread there, a couple of women kept taking jabs at LHCF (using indian oils to grow hair 3 inches in 20 days, freezing relaxers). Of course I had to take up for us because apparently, they have been misinformed about us.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE YOU LHCF! Other people may talk about us, but in the end, we're still producing great results with our hair! We're doing big things with our hair, and that's what matters.

MariposaSexyGirl

Screw them messy heffas they mad because they have to pay to play here. I wonder what their heads looks like:rolleyes:. But anyways I love LHCF too. I've learned so much from here.

STLCoverGirl

I think the women of LHCF have amazing results w/ pics soo other sites can hate if they want to. I don't really read the threads about Indian products or all the new things, but if they work for people that's great. Why waste energy hating..yes, I said hating because that's what it is. I've seen pics of great results using Henna and all the other products I have no clue how to spell or pronounce, lol. The truth of the matter is I am just too lazy to experiment, but I'm not going to doubt other people's results because of my own ignorance.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I didn't want to quickly throw out the word hater, but that's sorta what I'm leaning towards. I know everyone has their own opinion, but......

Now one of the ladies is trying to show people proof that someone's pics (on here) were "doctored." :nono:

candy1214

I didn't want to quickly throw out the word hater, but that's sorta what I'm leaning towards. I know everyone has their own opinion, but......

Now one of the ladies is trying to show people proof that someone's pics (on here) were "doctored." :nono:

Wow. People have too much time on their hands.

STLCoverGirl

I know hating gets overused, but in this case, it really is. I didn't realize how many other sites there were, until I started actually looking at my fotki comments, lol.

That's why I chose to hide my face, but truthfully if someone wants to waste their energy trying to prove that someone's results aren't genuine...what good does that do? Waste your time and then pat yourself on the back or something...it's pointless.:rolleyes:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
I know hating gets overused, but in this case, it really is. I didn't realize how many other sites there were, until I started actually looking at my fotki comments, lol.

That's why I chose to hide my face, but truthfully if someone wants to waste their energy trying to prove that someone's results aren't genuine...what good does that do? Waste your time and then pat yourself on the back or something...it's pointless.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I can't fault the ladies on that site for having their own opinion, but they were more of the "hating" type opinions. In general, it is a good site, but I just never saw "that side" of that hair board before.

And you're right, it is a waste of time.

lilamae

i dont care what anyone says...lhcf is the truth. ive seen other sites and nothing compares..long live lhcf

Saida

Screw them messy heffas they mad because they have to pay to play here. I wonder what their heads looks like:rolleyes:. But anyways I love LHCF too. I've learned so much from here.

I forgot that I paid to be a memer lol...

whenever I visit other hair sites, It just dosent even feel right:nono:

This is home, my hair and I love it.. and you guys are the best :yep:

nappity

I'm also on the other site and to be honest- I go there because sometimes they have more specific information about conditioners and the like for my hair. In my life I have always encountered people who are rigid and judgmental and to me its just a matter of them having too much time on their hands...
I wish all of us luck in our hair endeavors- as long as it doesn't hurt anyone or kill children , animals or hurt the environment I could care less.

sikora

i dont care what anyone says...lhcf is the truth. ive seen other sites and nothing compares..long live lhcf

Yup. One comment I always see time and time again about this board is "Those ladies can grow some hair!!" :yep:

Energist

Some people just like to rain on a happy party! Anyone who frequents this site can clearly see that there is a consistent positive vibe and almost family like atmosphere here. People work together as a team. Every time I look at that Pibbs thread, I think about how amazing it is to see everyone trust and work together this way. Also, all of the wonderful meets. We also support one another a great deal! This site is a total package and is just good for the hair, soul, spirit! Let haters hate while we congratulate :)

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I have visited other hair care sites that I've come across along the way and they have nothing on LHCF. I am also a member of another one which is also pretty good. I love the camaraderie on LHCF and the best thing is, of course, I am seeing great results for the $5 I paid like so many other ladies here. So they can talk about LHCF 'til the cows come home, I aint goin' nowhere.

clever

Sometimes this is why I wish the forum was closed to lurkers.Anyway,they'll be back soon,borrowing tips.

imstush

whenever I visit other hair sites, It just dosent even feel right:nono:

This is home, my hair and I love it.. and you guys are the best :yep:

I agree with what you said above. I sometimes go to other hair sites but it never feels right.

I am one of the ones that jumped on the Indian/ayurveda bandwagons...but I did it not for growth, but because this is the first time in a really long time that something actually works for my hair.

Tell those other ladies to kick rocks:look:

TLC1020

I concur... I'm a member of another hairboard as well and whatever we write and respond to on LHCF it is copied and pasted and commented on over there and its a shame... Both hairboards serve the same purpose but I do spend 97% of my time here...:grin:

Yeah, I can't fault the ladies on that site for having their own opinion, but they were more of the "hating" type opinions. In general, it is a good site, but I just never saw "that side" of that hair board before.

gorgeoushair

You're talking about BHM-right?

MissMeWithThatIsh

Wow, well, bump the haters.
It ain't our fault y'all ain't trying to step the game up.

As far as "doctored" pics, people will always assume Black women cannot have their own hair... ugh

HoneyDew

I frequent other boards. I think they just all have their own charm. I am on LHCF all the time, but you better believe this is NOT the place for me if I am thinking of getting braids or a weave of if I want to know more about lacefronts and wigs.

Sometimes it is nice to just see other opinions about any topic that may be different than the popular ones here.

I find that they ladies here are more mature in a lot of ways. I just seem to "fit in" here better.

But, I think it is nice to have other places to go sometimes. There are many of us that go to other boards and many times we just lurk.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas

"That side", has been showing up a lotlately over there. That's why I kinda backed off, and I've been a member over there for like 3 years.

NAKISH66

You're talking about BHM-right?

I'm not trying to be mean, but what was the point of this. Nobody else named any names, the thread was GREAT until this part of the post. I'm all for giving LHCF a shout out, it's much deserved!! I'm new to hair boards and I hate going on sites and see a topic started like "what's so great about LHCF", or "am I the only one that hates NP" , and so on. If all of these are hair boards and we all have the same common goals I dont see the problem. Let other boards think what they want and let's continue to grow long healthy hair!! I'm all over the place and pick up great tips everywhere, but NOTHING beats LHCF!! Don't name names it makes us look small and petty!! JMO!!!

HoneyDew

I'm not trying to be mean, but what was the point of this. Nobody else named any names, the thread was GREAT until this part of the post. I'm all for giving LHCF a shout out, it's much deserved!! I'm new to hair boards and I hate going on sites and see a topic started like "what's so great about LHCF", or "am I the only one that hates NP" , and so on. If all of these are hair boards and we all have the same common goals I dont see the problem. Let other boards think what they want and let's continue to grow long healthy hair!! I'm all over the place and pick up great tips everywhere, but NOTHING beats LHCF!! Don't name names it makes us look small and petty!! JMO!!!

Well since we are going there, I feel that the entire topic is unnecessary. Nothing against my girl TSU at all. I just don't see why we have to even bring up "Despite What Others Think" topics especially about other boards that MANY of us frequent, as well. That right there is going to open the floodgates for all kinds of thoughts and opinions. So if we can have a thread like this, why can't someone inquire about who everyone is talking about? I love LHCF and to me no other board out here can compare to it, but, in my opinion, threads like this are instigative and have the potential to bring up some negativity - here AND there.

LovelyRo

ITA... I get irritated when I see all the "which site is better" threads... on either sides. I started out on another board and I'm still a very active member there. I've recently starting seeing more and more of those comparison threads and that was part of the reason that I decided to become a paying member over here... because I never really saw many comparison threads while I was LURKING. I mean were are all here with the common goal of growing our hair out... what's the need for the separation/hating. I use both boards and I've learned from BOTH boards. Each one has it's pros and each one has it's cons! But WE all have a common interest! Let's celebrate healthy black hair by not hating on one another! Let's be glad that we have these resources available to us to improve our hair journeys and let that be that!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
ITA... I get irritated when I see all the "which site is better" threads... on either sides. I started out on another board and I'm still a very active member there. I've recently starting seeing more and more of those comparison threads and that was part of the reason that I decided to become a paying member over here... because I never really saw many comparison threads while I was LURKING. I mean were are all here with the common goal of growing our hair out... what's the need for the separation/hating. I use both boards and I've learned from BOTH boards. Each one has it's pros and each one has it's cons! But WE all have a common interest! Let's celebrate healthy black hair by not hating on one another! Let's be glad that we have these resources available to us to improve our hair journeys and let that be that!
That's the exzact same way I feel. I'm on other boards and I hate to constantly see all the ____ vs. ____ threads (on a certain board I used to frequent).........I mean what does it matter?! In those threads people tend to bash other boards and their members. I really hate that. Please, let's not start that over here.