Just Wanted to Say I Love You, LHCF, Despite What Others Think

youwillrise

i've been a member of and have frequented a lot of hair-related sites for 3 years now (i'm currently an active member of 4 and i visit all of them daily). i dont quite feel completely at "home" in any of them, but i love the information that all of them have. i'm glad to be here as well as the others!

<3

NAKISH66

ITA... I get irritated when I see all the "which site is better" threads... on either sides. I started out on another board and I'm still a very active member there. I've recently starting seeing more and more of those comparison threads and that was part of the reason that I decided to become a paying member over here... because I never really saw many comparison threads while I was LURKING. I mean were are all here with the common goal of growing our hair out... what's the need for the separation/hating. I use both boards and I've learned from BOTH boards. Each one has it's pros and each one has it's cons! But WE all have a common interest! Let's celebrate healthy black hair by not hating on one another! Let's be glad that we have these resources available to us to improve our hair journeys and let that be that!

I agree with everything you said!! I was the same way, I LOVED this site because it talked about hair!! I never saw any who like who threads in the hair section, so I was like this is where I want to be. I love the information I get from all the sites I frequent, but none of them come close to here.

NAKISH66

Well since we are going there, I feel that the entire topic is unnecessary. Nothing against my girl TSU at all. I just don't see why we have to even bring up "Despite What Others Think" topics especially about other boards that MANY of us frequent, as well. That right there is going to open the floodgates for all kinds of thoughts and opinions. So if we can have a thread like this, why can't someone inquire about who everyone is talking about? I love LHCF and to me no other board out here can compare to it, but, in my opinion, threads like this are instigative and have the potential to bring up some negativity - here AND there.

I agree, I love LHCF and just want to focus on us! Who cares what other boards are talking about, especially if it's not positive!!

daniemoy

ITA... I get irritated when I see all the "which site is better" threads... on either sides. I started out on another board and I'm still a very active member there. I've recently starting seeing more and more of those comparison threads and that was part of the reason that I decided to become a paying member over here... because I never really saw many comparison threads while I was LURKING. I mean were are all here with the common goal of growing our hair out... what's the need for the separation/hating. I use both boards and I've learned from BOTH boards. Each one has it's pros and each one has it's cons! But WE all have a common interest! Let's celebrate healthy black hair by not hating on one another! Let's be glad that we have these resources available to us to improve our hair journeys and let that be that!

I totally agree!!:yep:

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
That's the exzact same way I feel. I'm on other boards and I hate to constantly see all the ____ vs. ____ threads (on a certain board I used to frequent).........I mean what does it matter?! In those threads people tend to bash other boards and their members. I really hate that. Please, let's not start that over here.

Well, I must say that I didn't start this thread to bash other hair boards. I just found it a little "mean" what some ladies on another hair board were saying about LHCF and one of the members. I don't go on other boards bashing any board. I go to learn new tips and tricks when it comes to hair. It just seems that a couple members on there were truly misinformed, and were spreading that misinformation, in turn....giving LHCF a bad name.

Country gal

I often browse another Black haircare site for tips, but LHCF is always my home.

Today while reading a thread there, a couple of women kept taking jabs at LHCF (using indian oils to grow hair 3 inches in 20 days, freezing relaxers). Of course I had to take up for us because apparently, they have been misinformed about us.

I just wanted to say that I LOVE YOU LHCF! Other people may talk about us, but in the end, we're still producing great results with our hair! We're doing big things with our hair, and that's what matters.

People often complain about this board. It seems the same people can't stay away from it. They come back with different screen names..:grin: If they hate than let them hate.

gradygirl

Well, I must say that I didn't start this thread to bash other hair boards. I just found it a little "mean" what some ladies on another hair board were saying about LHCF and one of the members. I don't go on other boards bashing any board. I go to learn new tips and tricks when it comes to hair. It just seems that a couple members on there were truly misinformed, and were spreading that misinformation, in turn....giving LHCF a bad name.

I understand you may have not liked what was being said but when threads like this are started it can lead to bad feelings between us and other boards. Some of their members can lurk over here and feel that some of the comments posted on this thread were mean as well. These are public forums and everyone is entilted to their own opinion if I dont like the vibe on certain forums then I stay out of it. Its that simple.
Some people are going to be negative and there is nothing we can do to change that but lets make sure that we dont stoop to their level because that is all they really want (Misery loves company). Keep it positive sisters and be blessed.

Last edited:

gorgeoushair

Well since we are going there, I feel that the entire topic is unnecessary. Nothing against my girl TSU at all. I just don't see why we have to even bring up "Despite What Others Think" topics especially about other boards that MANY of us frequent, as well. That right there is going to open the floodgates for all kinds of thoughts and opinions. So if we can have a thread like this, why can't someone inquire about who everyone is talking about? I love LHCF and to me no other board out here can compare to it, but, in my opinion, threads like this are instigative and have the potential to bring up some negativity - here AND there.

Thanks HoneyDew
I agree with this:)

vslady

You're talking about BHM-right?

I really don't see any harm in asking a question. If someone brings up an issue, specificity is usually helpful, not harmful. A lot of people might have assumed that TSU was speaking about BHM or some other popular hair board and that may have left an unnecessary bad feeling or thought. I've never even heard of Happycurls or Nappycurls or whateva and this thread does not make me more or less interested in looking on that board. I understand the sentiments of not spreading hate or negativity, but wouldn't want anyone to feel they can't or shouldn't ask a clarifying question. JMO

PinkPeony

Nothing comes close to LHCF when it's related to haircare or even the wealth of information you can get here.

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
Thanks to LHCF, my hair is longer that it's ever been!! It works for me, so they could say what they will...

I'll be :reddancer:with hair down my back!! LOL

MizAvalon

I occasionally check out other sites and they just do not have the same vibe that there is here. LHCF can't be beat as far as wealth of infomation.

bbdgirl

LCHF I love you too...I think I spend more time here than speaking to my best friends. Oops...oh well. I'll try to wean myself down in the new year. But I'll be back to show my update photos in Feb. I love this place. It's got a little of everything, hair, hollywood gossip, serious issues. What else does a woman need?

LunadeMiel

TSU,
I really didn't get that vibe from your post at all. What wrong with showing a litte appreciation?

foxxymami

That's the exzact same way I feel. I'm on other boards and I hate to constantly see all the ____ vs. ____ threads (on a certain board I used to frequent).........I mean what does it matter?! In those threads people tend to bash other boards and their members. I really hate that. Please, let's not start that over here.

Yep. Co-sign to the 10th power. I like LHCF as well as other boards I frequent. Those kinds of threads make me uncomfortable.

*Pokahontas, your hair is very pretty :grin:

*Oh, and for the record I don't take this thread as bashing or anything

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Yep. Co-sign to the 10th power. I like LHCF as well as other boards I frequent. Those kinds of threads make me uncomfortable.

*Pokahontas, your hair is very pretty :grin:

*Oh, and for the record I don't take this thread as bashing or anything

OT:

Foxxymami, I forgot you wanted me to update you on my twists!

Well I kept them in for a total of 10 days. I washed them on the 7th day. I had to redo a few of the ones in the front because the twists washed on out. By the 10th day, my hair had gotten really frizzy. I didn't mind the frizz *that* much, but I went ahead and took them down before they got worse. I put detailed pictures in my fotki of the wash/shampoo stage.