Just wondering...

Lilmama1011

Anyone out there still do hot oil treatments? And do you feel they are better than deep conditioners or the same?

Marand13

I do hot oil treatment before I shampoo and DC. Sometimes before I DC too.
It makes the hair feel so much softer, and I dont think I ever do them without DCing. Its like an added boost for me. :yep:

Americka

Yes, I still do HOTS. To me, HOTS provide a different kind of conditioning from DCs. I can skip HOTS, but not DCs.

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive

virtuenow

I do oil rinses every time I wash. The are like a more intense version of hot oil treatment. I have toiled w/the idea of doing the oil rinses alone, b/c using this technique is the first time my hair ever felt conditioned. They are about the same level as an organic deep conditioner or very close. I like to do both back to back b/c they compliment each other

claud-uk

I have to agree with Marand13 and Americka - a HOT is different from a DC, and tho you can skip a HOT I would never skip a DC.

I always do a HOT pre-poo before I do anything to my hair (poo/protein etc), you can use them to add moisture or strength (depending on the oils you use) or as an extra barrier from the poo process. Oil Tx's are a staple part of my regi.

virtuenow - please could you tell us about your oil rinse? Sounds good!

Lissa0821

I faithfully do HOT prepoo, it just makes it so much easier to wash my hair without the fear of drying it out.

Lilmama1011

Lissa0821 said:
I faithfully do HOT prepoo, it just makes it so much easier to wash my hair without the fear of drying it out.

So you moisturize just to rinse it out and shampoo?

Lissa0821

So you moisturize just to rinse it out and shampoo?

Yes, I use olive oil or a cremaide oil mixture which soften my hair and wash my hair twice with shampoo. I find that my hair doesn't feel stripped or squeaky clean with this process.

JBunnie

I agree with everyone above, I still do them, they serve a good purpose but I feel that I could skip one if need be. I wash with 2 different shampoos on wash day so I do it between using the 2. And even though I use shampoos that don't strip my hair of moisture I still rather be on the safe side.