keratriplex treatment by paul mitchell

CoutureMe06

Has anyone gotten this treatment before?

I'm going to be a guinea pig and get it today. I'm at my hair dresser in MD and he suggested it. Getting it done for free but he charges 45 additional for it normally.

What it is supposed to do its strengthen fine hair, improve shine, and repair fragile or damaged hair.

I'm natural 4a. Its not the bkt.

Before, I looked up for black hair reviews and didn't find any

Ingredients (sp?) Water, keratin, hydrolyzed keratin, oxidized keratin,
Methylchloroisothiaolinone, methylisothiazolinone, magnesium cloride, magnesium nitrate

CoutureMe06

I don't really have pics of my hair close up but will post before and after.

Posting from my phone so hoping I can attach from here.

LushLox

Sounds very good. Similar to this treatment by L'Oreal:-

L'Oreal
Hair Surgery (Vogue.com UK)

An interesting point about the 'wear and tear' of hair in the middle of the hair shaft caused by hair bands...hmmm.

They are calling it the equivalent of 'hair surgery' in the media lol.

I'd really like to get one of these treatments done, but I'm just not sure about going to a salon. :scratchch

lala

It was reco'd in Essence mag. I looked it up on their website. It just sounds like an enhanced reconstructor. I plan to get it done soon.

CoutureMe06

They sell the treatment for 65 on amazon, I believe.

He washed me with giovanni poo. Blot dry. Apply valve of treatment. Put plastic cap on and sit for 10 mins. Remove and rinse. Apply step 2. Sit under dryer for 10 mins. Rinse. He did another conditioner for 5 mins. He applied and I sat in the chair. Detangled and rinsed. Detangled with fingers and slight use of comb on ends. I get ssk.

I plan to get a trim bc last one was June. I'm sitting with my hair wet in cap waiting for blow dry and flat iron. Wanted to switch it up. I've been wearing wash n gos and buns. Nyc cold dried out my hair slightly but nothing a deep conditioning couldn't do.

My hair is really soft and feels strong. My texture looks loosen but my hair is pickec out so I think that's just it. Seems really easy and if I lve it, I will do this myself.

I don't use poo with the chloride, etc, so I'm not worried about buying new prducts and my conditioners are aubrey, giovanni, and aussie. Will keep you guys posted.

CoutureMe06

BUMP!

I'm attaching a pic. Sorry, but my phone sucks and I have limited memory. So far, my hair is bouncy, shiny, and doesn't revert as easily. My roots are slightly poofy but it is very good since I work out and sweat slightly in the head :lachen:. The rest of my hair feels great. I hardly have any shedding which is a plus.

Attachments

• IMG00097.jpg
    IMG00097.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 27

Minty

I love it. You can order this product (I think) but PM is really trying to keep it salon only.

BostonMaria

BUMP!

I'm attaching a pic. Sorry, but my phone sucks and I have limited memory. So far, my hair is bouncy, shiny, and doesn't revert as easily. My roots are slightly poofy but it is very good since I work out and sweat slightly in the head :lachen:. The rest of my hair feels great. I hardly have any shedding which is a plus.

Your hair looks beautiful and so shiny

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Minty

You can get it at Cosmoprof -

There are a few other places I've found online but I'm leary of shopping at little Yahoo stores and whatnot.

Minty

Is this like the blow dry perfector kit by Garnier

what gave you that impression? It is nothing of the sort. nothing. :nono:

It is a concentrated vial system in which keratin proteins and conditioners are applied to the hair then a deep conditioner; which is a moisture based product, is layered over top.

Its a deep conditioner x2

You can't buy it in the stores and it in no way helps to straighten the hair. I definitely see why op's stylist recommended it to her. It provides a great protein/moisture balance.

And upon reviewing my stock, I'm out - so I'm out to go get some more.

You really only need the vials and DC. The rest of the line is nice but not necessary.