New Smoothing treatment from Sallys

For all you BKT users:yep:
It's from Sally's brand called Ion. When I unpacked it, I instantly thought of Lhcf, lol.
It boasts no Formadehyde added, no thioglycolate or Sodium Hydroxide.

Ion Keratin Smoothing Treatment Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Vanillin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Amodimethicone, Ceteareth-20, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Centrimonium Chloride, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Methyparaben, Propylene Gycol, Hydrochloric acid, Trideceth-12, Pectin, Argan Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Coumarin, Yellow 5.

It comes in a kit or in a 12oz bottle like this. A Sodium Chloride free Shampoo, Hair Mask, and Conditioner compliment this new product. Don't beat me up because I have no idea when Sally's will make this available to the public, but I'll keep you guys updated:yep:

Instructions say to clarify hair throughly before applying 2 oz of the product to lengths. Allow product to air dry before sealing keratin mixture into hair with heat 400 to 450 degrees for about 5 passes. It says that the hair will appear glassy when keratin is bonded with hair shaft. Do not wet hair or firmly secure hair with accesories until 72 hours after applying. It says it decreases frizz and curl up to 50%. It says to wait 4 weeks after relaxers before applying but it does not state how long it lasts.

I've never done a BKT but I'm sure the lovely ladies on here that know better will chime in for any questions.

Lisa

This was sounding good until I got to the 450 degrees and 5 passes.

NOW I'M SCARED

Dove56

I used the Organix Brand...I'll try this one in a couple of months. I have pictures in my LHCF Album.

shiney_sapphire

poochie167

call the customer service # and they can tell you the closest to you that has it. I went to one and they said they didn't have it but when I called, they said they are the only ones in Houston with it.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i bought some today.it was 20 + tax for 12oz. It has a milky consitency. I applied it to my edges as my test section.my hair has tons of bling! Plus it smells great.like vanilla.no fumes or irritation at all. I will keep you posted.

lettieg27

Napp please let us know whether you like this product; I know you have tried many smoothing treatments and I would really like to hear your opinion on whether you think its worth it.:yep:

shiney_sapphire

Napp or anyone else that use these at home...

don't you have to use the clarify shampoo that come in the kit or can you use any clarifying shampoo?

Natural Glow

I might have to go see if my Sally's has this. So do you not have to blow dry your hair straight before applying?

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I will keep eveyone posted.i want to focus on finals right now so i dont feel like doing a full bkt. If i did i would blowdry to make the process go by faster. But for my edges i just applied it let it air dry (for 10 mins)and flat ironed 3x on 400. They are still straight after sweating under my hat at work today...my other roots are nothing close to straight lol

i might do a full head sooner than i thought lol

i never clarify...i find they work whether my hair is clean,dirty or clarified. Although if i want swangable bkt hair i would cleanse my hair before bkting with regular shampoo or blacksoap. for my edges i would do them on dirty hair and it still works as well.

Natural Glow

Napp can't wait to see your results. I loved my BKT results but man it was soo much work. Hopefully this Ion one will be good. I might go see if my Sally's has it today.

fatimablush

just checked the sally beauty website...would i have to use their ion smoothing flat iron or can i use my CHI?

Dove56

naturalglow your BKT results were always so beautiful. I wish BKTs could b done without taking so long...

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G using Long Hair Care Forum App

Natural Glow

fatimablush I don't think you need their flat iron. Any one that'll get up to 450 should do.

Dove56 Thanks girl. I really liked BKT but I got lazy. And the fumes didn't help. Hopefully this Sally's stuff will be good.

I just bought the big bottle of the treatment instead of the small ones that come in kit because I wasn't sure it would have been enough.

MarieB

I tried to look it up on Sally's website, but the link to the item isn't working. This could save me a lot of money!

Theresamonet

I think I'm going to do this next week...

This transition is really taking a toll on my appearance. My hair looks exactly like his-->

(And I have the same facial expression)

I've always avoided BKT threads because I heard some peoples hair didn't revert back. But I'm just going to have to throw caution to the wind, because I need a break from this BAD!

*Awaiting results from @Napp and @naturalglow*