Kiyoseki?

QuietlyLoud

I saw an infomercial for a flat iron called the kiyoseki (sp?) I've been lurking and searching the forum but couldn't find anything. I was thinking of ordering it but I want to know if anyone has heard of it and/or tried it. TIA

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I believe that iron is a new name for the true ceramic pro iron. It has the same models, but a different person hosting it.:lachen: Maybe it is under new ownership. :rolleyes:

QuietlyLoud

Thank you DDtexland. I hope it's not the same iron :ohwell:. I've seen nothing but bad reviews for the true ceramic pro. I googled "kiyoseki" and found the website. I guess what makes this flat iron good are the "double mineral infused plates" I was hoping to find a review in the forum.

stinastina

I just saw the infomercial, too. For $14.95, you can try it for 30 days. I think that's a good offer. The total cost is $120 which is similar to the Sedu & Solia but you can pay $39 per month for 3 months. I'm going to order it next week and give it a try and let you know how it works.

stinastina

It just came today. But I went to the salon today and already have had enough heat on my hair today so sometime this weekend I will give it a try. I will also post a pic of it later.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
It just came today. But I went to the salon today and already have had enough heat on my hair today so sometime this weekend I will give it a try. I will also post a pic of it later.

I can't WAIT to hear your review! I saw this informercial and was intrigued, this iron looks too good to be true! I started a thread about the Keyoseki a few days ago, but no one knew about it.

Is it lightweight? What do the plates look like?

stinastina

Well, ladies, I cannot recommend it. I am sending mine back. My chief complaints are two: it does not straighten well and it snags hair.

It came in a box with two styling sprays (one for wet hair and one for either wet or dry), a carrying case, a comb, a brush and some hair clips. It's a nice looking iron. It has an actual tempertaure setter so you can choose the number you want with the plus or minus buttons. It shows the temperature in fahrenheit or celsius via LED. At first I tried it at 300 degrees with the wet/dry spray. It didn't straighten very well. My hair was still poofy. I tried it on rain poofed hair (I went to the dominican salon but my hair poofed from the rain).

The next day I tried it at 330 degrees and this time I used their spritz on one side and my ever faithful Chi Silk Infusion on the other side. The Chi side straightened better but still not bone straight. Later that evening I tried it at 380 degrees with Chi. It still is not bone straight. So I give up. My Corlioss that I got from eBay for $30 straightens way better than this.

Plus it is never a good idea for your hair to get caught in the little corners of the iron. They could have designed it better.

I am curious to see what their response is when I call to send mine back. :look:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Aaaaaw man! I had such high hopes for the Keyoseki :(

It looked SO great on the infomercial, how'd those women get their hair so damn straight? They made it look effortless. The magic of television I guess :perplexed

Thanks for being the board guinea pig, stinastina. I wish the outcome coulda been better :ohwell:

LoveJones

My Kiyoseki

I used the Kiyoseki 3 days ago and I still can not stop touching and playing with my hair! Many irons get my hair straight but my hair just feels different. I will never use the chi again. The Kiyo did not snag my hair like the chi and it even managed to straighten and keep straight my stubborn waves towards the front of my hair. I cannot say how well this works in humid climates but I did read a review on yahoo and the reviewer says that it works well for her.

I saw the post of the women who used the kiyo and wasn't satisified with it and to each it's own but for my thick wavy curly hair 330 degrees would not cut it for me. I cranked it up to 385-390 and for the front of my hair where my waves are stubborn I increased the temp to 405.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering a kiyo I recommend it!

Lucky's Mom

Well, ladies, I cannot recommend it. I am sending mine back. My chief complaints are two: it does not straighten well and it snags hair.

It came in a box with two styling sprays (one for wet hair and one for either wet or dry), a carrying case, a comb, a brush and some hair clips. It's a nice looking iron. It has an actual tempertaure setter so you can choose the number you want with the plus or minus buttons. It shows the temperature in fahrenheit or celsius via LED. At first I tried it at 300 degrees with the wet/dry spray. It didn't straighten very well. My hair was still poofy. I tried it on rain poofed hair (I went to the dominican salon but my hair poofed from the rain).

The next day I tried it at 330 degrees and this time I used their spritz on one side and my ever faithful Chi Silk Infusion on the other side. The Chi side straightened better but still not bone straight. Later that evening I tried it at 380 degrees with Chi. It still is not bone straight. So I give up. My Corlioss that I got from eBay for $30 straightens way better than this.

Plus it is never a good idea for your hair to get caught in the little corners of the iron. They could have designed it better.

I am curious to see what their response is when I call to send mine back. :look:

UH OH....:nono:

Too good to be true......

Well - you should put this review out there for others to see on the net...

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Sounds like a piece of junk :nono:

ctcks

I saw Ulta is now carrying it for $99 and I ran to get it. I LOVE IT! I'm a natural 4b and I do blowdry but it's not necessary. The thing that separates this flat iron from all others is that for some reason, my hair does not have that burnt smell after using it. My hair actually smells freshly washed and I can still smell my leave ins in my hair. No other flat iron has accomplished that for me.

The only issue I have is that the material around the sides of the iron are smearing/wearing off due to the high heat. And yeah I go all the way to 410! I don't understand when some of you complain about it not straightening well, and yet you are only using medium to medium-high heat. Hope this helps. PS: I have Maxiglide, Conair Infinity, Sedu (for sale by the way $65), & HAI, so I do have something to compare the Kiyoseki with.

Everything Zen

I saw Ulta is now carrying it for $99 and I ran to get it. I LOVE IT! I'm a natural 4b and I do blowdry but it's not necessary. The thing that separates this flat iron from all others is that for some reason, my hair does not have that burnt smell after using it. My hair actually smells freshly washed and I can still smell my leave ins in my hair. No other flat iron has accomplished that for me.

The only issue I have is that the material around the sides of the iron are smearing/wearing off due to the high heat. And yeah I go all the way to 410! I don't understand when some of you complain about it not straightening well, and yet you are only using medium to medium-high heat. Hope this helps. PS: I have Maxiglide, Conair Infinity, Sedu (for sale by the way $65), & HAI, so I do have something to compare the Kiyoseki with.

I'm happy that you found something that works for you! :yep:

But for me...Eh... I WAS tempted until I went to the site. It was seriously lacking on information about the technology, how they are crafted, and I noticed it didn't say anything about Wet/Dry styling. Also- red flag about the 60 day warranty. I'm seriously drooling over the Conair Infiniti Steam Iron and that one comes with a 5 year warranty. I own both a Maxiglide (love it) and the FHI Runway (worth the money) and both sites do a much more thorough job of explaining the manufacture and technology of the product. Each FHI Runway is guaranteed to be handmade. All of these things were important to me when I decided to buy these tools.