Know it alls!(long)

katie

I had mentioned in another thread about my friend with damaged hair who I was trying to help get her hair healthy. Well today my other friend and I were helping her take out her braids that she had in for a couple months. I asked her what she was planning to do with it after the braids were out and she said she was going to get a relaxer the very next day. I know that that is not good to do at all. But I didn't want to sound too preachy so I said nothing. I just asked her how does her stylist know not to overlap because I couldn't tell what was newgrowth from what wasn't due to her relaxed hair looking very kinky after being in the braids. She was like "It doesn't matter, my relaxer is always pulled to the ends anyway"
I was horrified and asked her if all her hair stylists have done this and she said "Well yeah. How else would you relax it?"
I said that only the new growth should be touched up each time and absolutely no relaxed hair should come into contact with relaxer and both of them start telling me I am so wrong. That relaxer must always be pulled through to the ends or the hair will not be straight. Sheesh! And then my other friend who was helping with the unbraiding was like "Maybe that's why your hair starts looking so nappy after like 3 weeks"
Mind you, this girl(the unbraider) is a type 1 with a very slight wave and relaxes once a year. I'm pure 4b so of course my hair will have very obvious roots after a short time.
They are such know-it-alls. They even recommended to me a stylist that would pull my relaxer to the ends! Sheesh! I am so going to call that number and book an appointment.
NOT!

AngelicRose07

back from years of hiatus
you shoulda busted out a jar of relaxer and showerd her what the instructions say.

that will shut them both up..at least till they stop feeling like bald idiots

asubeauty

weaveitup said:
you shoulda busted out a jar of relaxer and showerd her what the instructions say.

that will shut them both up..at least till they stop feeling like bald idiots

That's what I was thinking.... Have they ever read the directions on a relaxer that say RELAX NEW GROWTH ONLY?!?!?

Boadicea

That's too bad. You know that some people don't want to hear anything about their hair whether it'll help them or not. They quickly go into "You're wrong", "You don't know what you're talking about" and will trust any man or woman posing as a stylist (who "knows" what they're doing) just because they're in a salon and have a station.

Angelicus

Katie, let your hair speak for yourself. It's a shame that their stylists are sabotaging their hair, making them believe that all the hair should be relaxed. My mom used to do that to me and that's why my hair never grew :nono:

Carlie

Wow, how sad! :nono: And why would a type 1 relax their hair anyway?....
and from roots to ends :shocked: Sounds like a recipe for disaster! :nono:

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
This brings me back to the days when my mom used to relax my whole head every time I retouched. They know no other way and thanks to this site, I finally learned the true way to relax without damage. U did your best to educate them. Don't feel bad.

SUPER SWEET

Well you've done your friendly duties....
Just happen oneday to leave the LHCF site open and let them take a look around.

katie

Carlie said:
Wow, how sad! :nono: And why would a type 1 relax their hair anyway?....
and from roots to ends :shocked: Sounds like a recipe for disaster! :nono:

She said she relaxes to get less volume. She hasn't had a touchup in over a year and there is no way to tell what is relaxed from what's new growth. So I guess her stylist can't tell either and just relaxes the whole head.