Kynx hair care review

tiredbeauty

http://www.kynxhaircare.com/

This is my first review of anything, ever, so bear with me :yep:

I saw that the kits were on sale for $20.00 (I believe they still are), so I decided to give them a try because lord knows I've spent more money on other things pertaining to my hair :grin:. I got the I Am Unique kit which contains: i am Natural...softening cream cleanser, i am Strong...silky kinks ultra hydrating conditioner, i am Fierce...refreshing leave in moisturizer, i am Unique...texture defining gel and a sample of i am Pure...monoi de tahiti oil.

It's marketed for Naturals and I'm working with three textures on my head right now; relaxed, texlaxed and 20 weeks worth of NG. And I must admit that it worked wonders on my texlax and NG, I would actually like to revisit his product completely texlaxed because I think my wash n' go's would be very pretty. I also have very thick and coarse hair, I'm a type 4 (not sure which category though)

i am Natural softening cream cleanser - well it lives up to its name, it made my hair SUPER silky, I kept rinsing because I didn't know if I got it all out! It didn't lather at all, so I kept thinking I needed more (next time I'll apply in sections) but it also detangled my NG and made it easy for my to glide my fingers through it.

i am Strong silky kinks ultra hydrating conditioner - umm with this one I didn't feel the "silk" as it advertises. The bottle says that it could be used as a co wash, but its super thick and at 10.99 for an 8 oz bottle, I'd rather stick with my VO5's for cowashes. I did keep it on for the amount of time specified which was 4-5 minutes and although my hair kind of felt less silky, still soft but not as silky as the cream cleanser made it, one thing I can say, is that my NG continued to be completely soft and tangle free!

i am Fierce refreshing leave in moisturizer - Ok when I first applied it to my hair, I didn't really care how it made my hair feel, it reminds me of really thick water (if that makes any sense :perplexed:). The bottle does say to use a spray bottle but I was super lazy and just squirted it in my hand. However, I got sidetracked and took a phone call from a friend and we talked for like 2 hours, and where my hair would usually start to dry out (I usually use Cantu and Giovanni's weightless leave-in) and feel kind of crunchy one the ends, with this stuff it didn't at all. My hair was still completely moisturized from root to tip and when I went to twist it up, I had FAR LESS breakage, it made my hair like butter! No tangles whatsoever, I didn't feel like I was ripping through my hair or anything, it just cooperated:yep:. (and I do finger parts)

I didn't try the i am Unique texture gel because I twist my hair while wet and I felt like I would be overdoing it. I'm actually not sure when i'm going to give it a try because the only days I re-twist my hair is on wash days...and the oil, it's basically coconut oil infused with a gardenia flower from what I've read in my searches. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Overall, all of the products are very moisturizing. I like the cleanser and although it has Mineral Oil in the ingredients list, since I only cleanse my hair one a month or two, I think I'll be fine. I didn't really care for the conditioner, I'm going to give another go one of these days. And I'll keep the leave-in cause you cant beat zero tangles!

I would like to see how it works for a 100% natural.

Oh and the smell, if you like gardenias and citrus, you will like the smell...it still has to grow on me :ohwell:

prettyinpurple

^^I do too. That particular Rack is in a swanky part of town too.

I hope they start carrying some other lines too. Tho the Curls products seem to be the same as Target price. They were $10 and under -- which I thought is the Target price.

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I just tried their I am FREE Miracle Kinks Cream last night. Altho I used a tad too much (my hair was slightly greasy), I was happy with the end results. One of the few products that didn't require adding some type of oil on top of it. My hair is still soft and moist.

I think this is a keeper.