Ladies That Make Their Own Products/Regi Staples

ilah

Got to thinking if it was possible to try making my own version of MJ's Curly Pudding. the cost of keeping that in my bathroom is going to make me broke :blush:.:sad:

So I got to wondering if there were ladies that are cooking up some good stuff in the kitchen. Anybody make their own hair butter, palmade, soufle, cream or Deep Conditioner?

If so who out there is willing to share their recipes for their favorite hair concoctions???:yep:

***Doesn't matter if the recipes are complex or super simple, all is welcome***

LovelyLouboutin

I think there are a few recipes for a similar concoction somewhere on the board.

You know they are having their buy one get one free sale right now.

ilah

Yeah I heard about that and checked it out online today. I'm just really trying not to spend anymore money on that stuff...I love it to death but it's going to kill my wallet. But we all know i'll give in before the deadline as 2 for 1 on MJ's is no laughing matter.

Thanks Lovely!

So, no body else with a butter or cream of their own making.

Blue_Berry

I think there are a few recipes for a similar concoction somewhere on the board.

You know they are having their buy one get one free sale right now.

This.... I remember seeing a recipe about a year ago on NaturallyCurly in the Recipe area of the Curltalk section. I also heard there are products that are comparable to Miss.Jessie. I personally only tried one Miss.Jessie product and didn't like it, so I don't know to much about what other products work similar to Miss.Jessie or not.

greenandchic

Thanks for the link, blueberry2118. I forget to look on that part of the forum since it doesn't move as fast as some of the others.

I guess I'm looking for recipes that are more from scratch, which for some reason is harder to find...

winona

I can't remember where I got this recipe but try it. Scale it down a bit to try if you like it you can make a larger batch. You can also substitute for butters and oils that you already have in your stash with similar textures:) Also you can substitute eco styler for a firm homemade flax seed gel:) I actually like flax seed gel better for this

Curly pudding

1 10oz jar Eco styler gel
4oz Unrefined Raw Shea Butter
1oz Coconut Oil

First whip the Shea butter until creamy, then slow add gel and whip some more then add coconut oil and you'll have a lovely Curly Pudding with hold. Gives excellent curl definition.

Last edited:

ilah

Thank you sooooo much ladies!!!! So sorry for the late thank you's...I'm a mess these days LOL.

yorkpatties

I made a version I found on the Natural Living board. This version called for beeswax. I used old phytospecific wax I had. My hair HATED it!!! Wish I had seen this sooner.

Barbara

Princess
I can't remember where I got this recipe but try it. Scale it down a bit to try if you like it you can make a larger batch. You can also substitute for butters and oils that you already have in your stash with similar textures:) Also you can substitute eco styler for a firm homemade flax seed gel:) I actually like flax seed gel better for this

Curly pudding

1 10oz jar Eco styler gel
4oz Unrefined Raw Shea Butter
1oz Coconut Oil

First whip the Shea butter until creamy, then slow add gel and whip some more then add coconut oil and you'll have a lovely Curly Pudding with hold. Gives excellent curl definition.

Will this recipe cause pressed hair to revert?