Ladies who braid with Kanekalon

Miss AJ

How many packs of hair do you use? I bought 6 packs of Outre jumbo (62") in the hopes that 1 pack cut in half would be enough for my whole head and these 6 packs would last me my whole year of braids. I don't plan on making them super duper tiny but I don't wanna use anymore than 2 packs of hair either.

ETA: Forgot to mention the style of braids I'm referring to is box/individual braids.

BlackMasterPiece

I try to stick to 3 packs when I do my twists with kanekalon its bouncy and light:yep: one time this braider used like 5 packs on me:blush: it was mad heavy:nono: from then on I started doing self installed senegalese twists and stuck to 3 packs or three and some change. I dont do them big, I do them semi-small.

MangaManiac

Generally I use 3-4 regular packs of Rastafri hair. I get box/individual braids done. If I'm getting the silky hair from Sally's (1.29 a pack) I use about 4-5.

Miss AJ

At what length are you all wearing your braids? I'm no Math major but I figure cutting the pack in half will have my braids hanging at APL on me.

Nonie

When I used to use synthetic hair (not sure which kind) I'd use less than two packs. Human hair packs are much smaller and I use at most two packs, but usually less than two. So there's no way I could use more than two packs of synthetic hair. I usually fold the hair in half so that 20 inches gets me 10-inch braids. I always use less extension hair per section of my own so that's another reason I could never use so much. Not only would it look unnaturally too much on my already big head, but it'd also be way too heavy for my poor neck to support.

shunemite

I'm tall 5'9.5" so I use 4 packs to get it to be long enough. They can't cut it in the back coz I want it to be past shoulder length.

MizzBrit

this is 3 packs(give or take a little)
of braiding hair cut in half.
my head is big too

Last edited: