Ladies who do C&G Method

InNeedofHairapy

When you first started following the C&G method, did you already know how to braid your own hair, or was it a trial and error thing where you got better as you went along?

I'm considering doing this, but I've never braided my own hair before. i just watched the how to braid video from there, and I'm inspired..but hesitant as well.

Robin41

It takes practice, like anything else you've never done before. If you get frustrated, especially with trying to make straight parts (my own personal demon), consider having the first round of braids put in by a professional and practice taking them down and replacing them one at a time.

Good luck!

prettykinks

I already knew how to braid my own hair. On her website she shows a differnt technique for braiding that is gentler on the edged and it makes it easier to take the braids out after about two months. I use her method now. My edges are filling in and the tension headaches I always had after I braided my hair is gone.:)

InNeedofHairapy

Robin41 said:
It takes practice, like anything else you've never done before. If you get frustrated, especially with trying to make straight parts (my own personal demon), consider having the first round of braids put in by a professional and practice taking them down and replacing them one at a time.

Good luck!

I'm a mess when it comes to parts too. That's a good idea though, about having a pro do it first...thanks

InNeedofHairapy

prettykinks said:
I already knew how to braid my own hair. On her website she shows a differnt technique for braiding that is gentler on the edged and it makes it easier to take the braids out after about two months. I use her method now. My edges are filling in and the tension headaches I always had after I braided my hair is gone.:)

I'll have to check this other method out. I think I just saw the basic braiding technique. Thank You!

MrsHouston

InNeedofHairapy said:
I'm a mess when it comes to parts too. That's a good idea though, about having a pro do it first...thanks

Is there another name for calling the C&G method? Are they also called box braids. I'm having my done soon, I just want to know what to call them to someone who's not a LHCF member.

MrsHouston

prettykinks said:

What is the websites? I want my edges braided gentle too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plove

I knew how to braids before i started going the C&G.
I have Been doing it for years, didn't know it had a name :lol:

Last edited:

Robin41

MrsHouston said:
What is the websites? I want my edges braided gentle too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's www.growafrohairlong.com. The C&G method is a way of growing out your hair wearing box braids for a couple of months and letting your hair rest for a couple of months.

sareca

prettykinks said:

Same here. I never had tension headaches but my edges looked bad.

V

vivadiva85

I decided the do the C&G method this past summer. I never braided my own hair before, so it has been a trial and error process for me. I have gotten a lot better too. Its just my hair is too thick for me to want to sit up and braid that I pay others to do it.:ohwell:

StartinOvah

i have braided my hair before but i never added hair before. her video (on the website) was so easy for me to understand. it took a while for me to braid my hair but it felt great to save the money and not have my head hurt!