C&G Ladies -Got Braid Spray??

Braided~Beauty

Okay, so this is my first thread, how exciting:p :lol: I am following Robins C&G method and everything is going great - except- mosturizing my braids every day. It seems like I am going through A LOT of Infusium/braid spray. I am finding myself back at Sally's restocking after about a week and a half, and I am not even really mosturizing every day:eek: Girlfriend must have the hook-up w/some folks at African Pride or something to be using that much product:lol: . I am starting to think this could get expensive for me (sorry if I seem cheap). Am I missing something? What do some of you ladies doing C&G do to deal with this?

........Also, (sorry, two part question- I know, I know, ambitious for my first thread huh?) is it damaging to my ends to dip them in such hot water to curl them? I just don't see how boiling water can be good for my hair. If I don't dip my ends what are my other options?

Okay, thats it I promise!:grin:

TIA

dreysonsmommy2011

To keep my hair moisturized I use braid spray in the morning and at night I sleep with a plastic cap. As far as the ends she(Robin) isn't referring to dipping your real hair ends in boiling water she is talking about the synthetic hair

sareca

I don't dip my braids in anything but shower temperature water. :D But I do use either African Pride braid spray or Kemi Oyl moisturizing spray everyday. I noticed a difference in my hair at takedown when I didn't. Sometimes if I'm running low, I dilute it.

cutiebe2

nikkipoo said:
To keep my hair moisturized I use braid spray in the morning and at night I sleep with a plastic cap. As far as the ends she(Robin) isn't referring to dipping your real hair ends in boiling water she is talking about the synthetic hair
OMG!!! the sleeping in a plastic cap thing is genius. For sometime I was sleeping on a silk pillow but I kept gettin the pillow sticky with moisturizer! I will try this tonight.

to answer your question braided beauty:
I don't use braid spray, I use S-curl twice a day. I find that in you section the hair and carefully apply it to the areas needed then you use less than just randomly spraying everywhere. Are you using your real hair??? If you are then that might be why you are using more.

DON'T dip your real hair in hot water. That is only if you are using the kanekalon hair.

HTH!!!:)

Braided~Beauty

Thanks for the replys ladies!

nikkipoo said:

That's a good idea (the plastic cap) I will have to try it out. I know she means to dip the synthetic hair ends in the water (I am using extensions) but I usually braid to the length of my hair so my ends get dipped right along w/the synthetic. I guess I'll just braid a little longer and be careful to only dip the very tips of the braid.

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
nikkipoo said:

I do this too and it works like a charm. I used my own concoction braid spray and left a plastic bag on it and I had mega moisture. I have braids now but I'm lazy to do this, plus I hate that wet feeling.

dreysonsmommy2011

Braided~Beauty said:
Thanks for the replys ladies!

That's a good idea (the plastic cap) I will have to try it out. I know she means to dip the synthetic hair ends in the water (I am using extensions) but I usually braid to the length of my hair so my ends get dipped right along w/the synthetic. I guess I'll just braid a little longer and be careful to only dip the very tips of the braid.

Sounds like a plan...I agree that you should braid your hair longer to avoid any damage to your ends. I personally find that human hair works better ;)