Ladies who never had long hair before LHCF

wontonfm

I NEVER had long hair. The longest it ever was prior to me really stepping up and taking care of hair was just above shoulder length. Now I'm grazing APL.

Toy

Even as a child Toy?
AAAAAAAAAaaaaaamazing.

I'm not sure if OP you only want to hear about woman who never had long hair even as a child but my hair is the longest it has ever been since I found LHCF due to the elimination of heat and protective styles.

HHG!

Yes even as a child.

aa9746

I never made it past neck in my whole life. I'm now apl in my 30s thanks to lhcf!!!!:grin: I can't wait to be bsl, my next goal.

baby42

thanks to lhcf this is the longest my hair been with out breaking off . comeing out of braids in april been in braids for 8 months i braid up every winter but would lose hair when i relax for the summer but NO MORE lol. my relax hair is growing great and now i braid up CAUSE I WANT TOO NOT CAUSE I HAVE TOO

lwilliams1922

My hair had been mostly around shoulder length. Aftre finding lhcf I ended up going natural and grew to BSL. Last summer I went overboard with heat so i'm groing that out. I have more confidence and info on maintaining length and more body.

i've learned a lot here but I also discovere that not every bandwagon is going to be a fit for every head. Lol

me personally the best info I learned about my hair:
no sulfites
no or very limited cones
moisture, moisture, moisture
easy on the protein
henna monthly is a good thing
the flat iron is not really my friend
WEN & hairone are my lovers
I prefer olive oil over coconut oil.
it's better to DC overnight than not at all.
I don't have to pay someone $80 to do my hair evety 6 weeks.

Tif392002

great thread....

i remember getting a relaxer on my head at the age of 8... aftr that my hair never went past neck length.... but i can sure tell my hair is growing and healthier than its ever been before LHCF... im newly natural and found LHCF just in time... my bangs reach past my nose whn stretched, i nevr even had bangs before... so i anticpiating the year and what my hair will be like at the end of the yr.... great thread again.

AvaSpeaks

Great thread. I got to collar bone before my hair broke off, but I never got to full SL. Some of my hair would get to SL, like the back and sides, but the middle and front never got that long before it broke off. I had a MAJOR breakage and found LHCF seeking help. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for giving me inspiration. Right now, i'm aiming for healthy hair. Length can come with time.

Yes this is the same with me and my greatest fear.

My sides and back is touching SL and full CBL. But I am hoping that my entire head will be pushing Full CBL and SL soon. Thanks for your story.

ProjectWLhair

Great thread,, Im sooo glad i found this site!! :yep: So many inspirations and knowledge in one place.. I wish EVERY AA sista could know the truth!!

teacherjess

The longest my hair has been have been 2- 3 periods when I was flirting with SL (either almost there or a little past) but it would soon start to look thin & damaged and I would cut it back to NL or a cute layered style so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

I discovered LHCF and healthy hair practices almost exactly 1 year ago and it is now thicker, healthier, and SL. I need to post pics. Its been this long before, but now I finally know what to do to keep it growing, growing, growing! I hope to be up in here one year from now grazing APL.

MissHoney26

When I started my hhj I was at nape length. After a few months it gained a little length but it really showed improvement of thickness and health.

I didn't upload any ponytail pics because I was really embarrased that I could barely make one with nape length hair, but I have one now.

I'm a little pass CBL and this is my hair now.

Nonie

No never had long hair in my life before LCHF. The longest my hair has ever been was neck length.

Your hair is so much longer than your 2008 reveal. But I just have to quote it here coz it was so HAWT!!!!
**************LINK TO FINALE VIDEO BELOW************************

Hi girls,

As you know I will be doing my big reveal on Christmas Day.

I have recieved so much encouragement over the last few days via threads here on LHCF, BHM, PMs, Fotki messages and more. It seems many of you are more excited than I am. :drunk: In fact on my fotki guestbook, there's one poor girl sitting in a lawn chair with lemonade patiently waiting. lol.

Honestly, I am extremely excited because I don't remember my hair ever going past my neck during my entire lifetime. Before LHCF and BHM, I thought my hair would never grow due to my annoying thyroid problem. I gave up over the years, kept my hair short and just allowed my hairstylists to literally fry and dye my hair. :nono:

Well, I decided enough is enough and needed a change. I was led to you....

So....with that and the wonderful notes I've seen over the past few days...I decided to create a Big Reveal hair video to (1) give you a sneak peek and (2) share my excitement in this journey.

PREVIEW:
Please check out my Big Reveal video at onetruemedia.com. Here's the link.http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

FINALE:
Click Here:
http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?...kin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url
*The preview is incorporated in the Finale video so you don't have to watch both.

I'm working to get this on youtube, but the bastards are giving me slack cuz of the song. :ohwell:

Anyways...enjoy. Turn it up!!!

Let me know if you all have problems with the video.
(Source)

SleepyJean

Never had hair pass neck length, now it's pass APL. My username used to be shorthairforever.

Last edited:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I never had hair past APL. Now it's down my back :grin: and I'm thankful I learnt to take care of it.

GodivaChocolate

I have a few stories to tell..My mom had never had hair past her shoulders even as a child and when she was about 44-45 using a curl...lol..back in the day she grew her hair to WL.

As far as I can remember I have never been past SL or CBL and as I transitioned I did not cut my relaxed ends because I wanted to see how long they would grow and I reached APL before cutting them, so I know I can at least reach APL, which is my 1st goal..everything after that is gravy!

Goombay_Summer

I was one of those kids on the playground with a sweater on her head pretending that I had long hair but back then my hair never grew beyond SL. Now I can proudly state that my 'nappy' hair grows.

Misshairdiva

I did have long hair as a child but at 8 when I had my first relaxer and it all broke off to shoulder length, that is where it stayed.. UNTIL TWO YEARS AGO when I met LHCF!(now MLB when straightened) My mom truelly had me brainwashed thinking that it was pointless to even try because BLACK WOMEN DONT GROW THEIR HAIR period. End of story. So why even try? And something told me that this was not true and I am so glad I didn't believe her!

Bella02

Until January of this year, my hair has always hovered around full neck length to shoulder length. The only time hair may have been longer would have been between 5-7 but I can’t remember for sure—this was the age range when I was accidentally introduced to relaxers from an incompetent stylist that could not tell the difference between conditioner and a relaxer.

So I never really thought my hair could grow longer than shoulder length until I found LHCF. Now I’m grazing BSL and with the knowledge I’ve obtained here I truly believe I can make WL one day!

davisbr88

As a small child, my ponytails were literally the length of pigtails, and as I got older, I went between NL-SL but never past. Finally, my junior year in college in early 2009, I made it to CBL, but then I had to cut it all off because of color damage. I got the Rihanna cut of the time (shaved in the back, ear length swoop bang) grew back to about an NL bob when I got a perm. Then I discovered LHCF about a month or so later and began immediately transitioning. I gave myself trims every now and then, and in June 2010, I hit APL while transitioning! That told me it was possible, so I had no problems chopping off my permed hair, knowing the little girl with the eensy weensy ponytails could have long hair, despite the words of stylists, friends, and family. My hair now, when straightened, is on the longer end of the spectrum of how long my hair got while growing up (though heavily layered) with only 14 months of growth on my head. I hope to hit APL again by August 2011.

PopLife

I never had long hair as a child. In elementary I was introduced to perms and my hair stayed at chin length with my nape shorter than an inch. In high school my hair was grazing shoulder length due to wearing braids off and on. In college I continued to wear braids periodically and my hair grew to maybe an inch past my shoulders.

I am now in my thirties and I'm full APL trying to get to BSL by next year. This is the longest and thickest my hair has ever been. The main thing I can attribute it to is protective styles (leaving my hair alone)...the overall health of my hair improved when I stopped going to the Salon and started doing it myself.