Latest issue: SUPER DRYNESS!

Wishin4BSL

Hello again ladies. I'm having a big problem all of a sudden. My hair is soft and moisturized, but my scalp is REALLY dry and flaky! I recently changed my regimen so that I deep condition every week and take MSM powder daily. My only new product is the Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment. The things that I haven't changed are moisturizing and sealing daily with my trusty NTM leave-in and Africa's Best Herbal Oil and shampooing weekly with Redken Allsoft. Lately I feel like I need to clarify (always NTM anti-residue...works like a charm) weekly! What do you all think the problem could be? Should I clarify or what? BTW, I can't co-wash because it just makes my scalp REALLY itchy. Help! TIA!

growingbrown

I am having the same problem. Its like all of a sudden. I plain to put WGO on my scape. Is this a good idea?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Try oiling with Amla or Coconut oil overnight before washing or shampooing. This might help. I have Super Dry hair as well and that works for me! I have been doing this 1 - 2x per week.

Tee

growingbrown said:
I am having the same problem. Its like all of a sudden. I plain to put WGO on my scape. Is this a good idea?

I use WGO on my scalp only. I have no problems.

Wishin4BSL

I think I'm going back to WGO too. I used to use it and it was the only oil that didn't make my scalp itch.

CAPlush

NTM anti-residue??? I didn't know NTM had a clarifying shampoo? I was using Aloe Rid, but I'd loooove to have something cheaper.

Also, I love WGO for my scalp. I apply a light coating every few days.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Yes, apply it to the scalp and you can just concentrate on that but getting it on your hair surely wouldn't hurt! Massage it in all over the scalp and let it sit overnight with a plastic cap to protect your pillows. Then shampoo. Do it 2-3 times a week and see how that helps.

Namilani

My scalp was acting up... But I really don't even know how I helped it! I've been oiling more, but I guess I'm not too much help! :lol:

preciousjewel76

You say you added a new product - the Silk Elements treatment. Maybe your scalp doesn't like one of the ingredients in there? Also, doesn't that contain mineral oil and cones? Maybe those are building up on your scalp. Just a guess.:scratchch

Oiling your scalp and massaging it really well while shampooing should help.

Wishin4BSL said:
Hello again ladies. I'm having a big problem all of a sudden. My hair is soft and moisturized, but my scalp is REALLY dry and flaky! I recently changed my regimen so that I deep condition every week and take MSM powder daily. My only new product is the Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment. The things that I haven't changed are moisturizing and sealing daily with my trusty NTM leave-in and Africa's Best Herbal Oil and shampooing weekly with Redken Allsoft. Lately I feel like I need to clarify (always NTM anti-residue...works like a charm) weekly! What do you all think the problem could be? Should I clarify or what? BTW, I can't co-wash because it just makes my scalp REALLY itchy. Help! TIA!