Law of Attraction/The Secret

tmichelle

Does anyone else have an issue with this? I was given the book The Secret and had to put it down after reading just a few pages. It really seemed like it was telling you that you could subject God to being your genie. That He was all powerful and that He didn't have a will but to do your will.

Whatever happened to Thou will be done?

I mean, I could see the appeal in that I wanted something very badly and this told me I could get it if I just believed. What if that wasn't God's will for me?

Thoughts?

song_of_serenity

Wouldn't get tangled in it at all. I don't even know how people can claim to be believers in Christ and yet say they use "LOA" as a secondary thing...the devil is a crafty one.:nono:
~*Janelle~*

Ramya

It really bothers me! It's sooo sneaky and underhanded the way it's worded. Christians are getting so caught up in that mess and don't understand where it's coming from. I read a few pages and put it down too. God's will for me, is my will for myself. Positive thinking is great and everything but LOA extends FAR beyond that :nono:

locabouthair

This is how I feel about it.

I can understand why some Christians would be turned off by it, because LOA focuses on how you can change your life if you change your thoughts, actions, etc. It does put more focus on yourself rather than looking to God to get your desires.

BUT almost everything they say in the book can be traced back to the Bible.

Have you read Joel Osteen's book, Your best life now.

Almost everything he says in that book are principles of LOA.

As a man thinketh so he is.

If ye have faith Nothing shall be impossible for you.

Life and death is in the power of the tongue.

There are others but those are a few examples.

I believe that they use the word Universe a lot in the book as marketing strategy, because everyone doesnt believe in God.

Demi27

I can understand why some Christians would be turned off by it, because LOA focuses on how you can change your life if you change your thoughts, actions, etc. It does put more focus on yourself rather than looking to God to get your desires.

I believe that they use the word Universe a lot in the book as marketing strategy, because everyone doesnt believe in God.

I agree with this as well. I have used the LOA in the past and things have worked out for me by using it, but God was always at the forefront of everything. I never got the impression that they were saying that you and only you control your life. The message I got was that by thinking positively it will influence you to make positive actions and essentially help things to work out in your favor.

I am able to do that because I look to God to help me make many of my choices while practicing the LOA.

secretdiamond

EXACTLY. :yep: It's a concept original to the Bible. But I don't want to get caught up in this again, so that is all.

Nefertiti0906

ITA. Actually to be honest, I don't really practice LOA to the fullest extent. I just focus on the positive thinking part but I put all my needs and wants to God and pray that His will be done.

I do like the idea of the vision boards and the positive statements because it helps me focus on my goals; I believe practicing those regularly helps because it's imbedded in our subconsious mind and makes us more dedicated to accomplish our goals.

For example, I liken that process to someone who's constantly told their worth nothing and then they believe it (because it's all they see and hear so it's imbedded in their subconsious) and then they end up being "nothing" because their body and mind has been conditioned. Instead I'm replacing negative thoughts with positive ones and with pictures and statements of things I wish to accomplish.

PaperClip

And THAT RIGHT THERE is the root of the enemy's seductive tactics....

Just like when the serpent approached Eve in the garden, he didn't tell Eve the (WHOLE) TRUTH about what would happen if she ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And how could the serpent/the devil tell the truth? HE CAN'T! he's the FATHER OF LIES!!!!

Genesis 3:1-7 (Amplified Bible)
1NOW THE serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he [Satan] said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden?(A)

2And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat the fruit from the trees of the garden,

3Except the fruit from the tree which is in the middle of the garden. God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

4But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die,(B)

5For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, AND YOU WILL BE LIKE GOD (see the big red flag there?:wallbash:), knowing the difference between good and evil and blessing and calamity.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good (suitable, pleasant) for food and that it was delightful to look at, and a tree to be desired in order to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she gave some also to her husband, and he ate.
7Then the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves apronlike girdles.
Well, we know what happened to Adam and Eve after they ate of that fruit. They did die: A SPIRITUAL DEATH.

LOA sounds attractive but it's not the whole truth, esp. for the Bible-believing Christian. It removes the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty and puts ALL THE OWNERSHIP of life on the person who walks in that vein. And because the Lord is a GENTLEMAN, a gentle, kind Savior, He is NOT going to push His way into anyone's life. He gave us free will so we will FREELY CHOOSE to submit to Him. Every single Christian should RUN in the opposite direction from anything that ignores or tries to replace the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty with something else, even if that something else is YOU.

We need to stop doing "us" as LOA says and start saying and doing the WORD OF GOD!

I'm passionate about this 'cause I almost got seduced into this and I cannot stand liars!

Cinda2503

I believe that my will and God's will is the same. God puts the thought/desire into your heart.mind. Without God's will I would not have thought, the desire, the plan to accomplish my/his/our goals. God is at the forefront of my thinking. God will make a way. He will define a path for me. However, I still have to put in the work hence the phrase "Pray and move your feet"

LOA is the move your feet part. - In my mind, you pray to God, he gives you instructions. If you are listening to him and following his word then things in your life begin to line you and you see the path HE has chosen for you by the people you meet, the signs you see on the street, the songs onthe radio etc..... and that is the arraction part. For me, there is no difference. If God truly directs your steps/thoughts/actions/feelings and you are focused on GOD and positivity...the "devil" should have no impact on your life.

LOA works every single time whether you believe it or not. Whether the outcome is good or bad, whether you are focus on GOD and his plan for you or you are indifferent to God's plan for you.

MizzBrown

Oh my gosh this is interesting! :pop: I just found out not too long ago what LOA even stood for. I never got into it, pursued it, got an interest in it but to hear what it really is, i'm glad i didnt get swayed into it.

This was that book that was featured on The Oprah Show and whatnot? I never watched the episodes. I never quite understood the hype and from the start it seemed really self-helpish or something. Just didnt sit right with me.

Highly Favored8

And THAT RIGHT THERE is the root of the enemy's seductive tactics....

Just like when the serpent approached Eve in the garden, he didn't tell Eve the (WHOLE) TRUTH about what would happen if she ate of the fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. And how could the serpent/the devil tell the truth? HE CAN'T! he's the FATHER OF LIES!!!!

Genesis 3:1-7 (Amplified Bible)
1NOW THE serpent was more subtle and crafty than any living creature of the field which the Lord God had made. And he [Satan] said to the woman, Can it really be that God has said, You shall not eat from every tree of the garden?(A)​

2And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat the fruit from the trees of the garden,​

3Except the fruit from the tree which is in the middle of the garden. God has said, You shall not eat of it, neither shall you touch it, lest you die.

4But the serpent said to the woman, You shall not surely die,(B)

5For God knows that in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened, AND YOU WILL BE LIKE GOD (see the big red flag there?:wallbash:), knowing the difference between good and evil and blessing and calamity.

6And when the woman saw that the tree was good (suitable, pleasant) for food and that it was delightful to look at, and a tree to be desired in order to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate; and she gave some also to her husband, and he ate.​

7Then the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves apronlike girdles.​
Well, we know what happened to Adam and Eve after they ate of that fruit. They did die: A SPIRITUAL DEATH.

LOA sounds attractive but it's not the whole truth, esp. for the Bible-believing Christian. It removes the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty and puts ALL THE OWNERSHIP of life on the person who walks in that vein. And because the Lord is a GENTLEMAN, a gentle, kind Savior, He is NOT going to push His way into anyone's life. He gave us free will so we will FREELY CHOOSE to submit to Him. Every single Christian should RUN in the opposite direction from anything that ignores or tries to replace the Lordship of the Lord God Almighty with something else, even if that something else is YOU.

We need to stop doing "us" as LOA says and start saying and doing the WORD OF GOD!

I'm passionate about this 'cause I almost got seduced into this and I cannot stand liars!

Amen!

What this does is that They Take God out of everything. Read many stories of the Bible when people take God and place themselves higher than God. Look what God does to people who do this. The devil is a lair and he is slick and cunning however, we as Christians must use the Power Of Discernment that God has Blessed us with to use it all times. I like postive thinking and use it all the time. I Place God and his word first!

MizzBrown

I remember i did watch a clip of that show on Oprah. A woman said that she would go down a street in her car and she would "will" herself and think positive and she would get an open parking space.

She said it was all LOA. She thought it and it was done because she sensed it and the parking alot attracted itself to her.

I dont know. When i look for a parking space and finally get one, the first thing i do when i put the gear in park is say "thank you Jesus!" and "God wanted me to have that space today".

I dont use my "telepathic ways" to get something. Just my thoughts.....this is still interesting!

Last edited:

PaperClip

I believe that my will and God's will is the same. God puts the thought/desire into your heart.mind. Without God's will I would not have thought, the desire, the plan to accomplish my/his/our goals. God is at the forefront of my thinking. God will make a way. He will define a path for me. However, I still have to put in the work hence the phrase "Pray and move your feet"

:nono: speaking generally: we have free will to align our will to the Lord's will. But there are plenty of times when this does not happen. There are three voices speaking to us: the Lord, the devil, and our own voice. That's why the Bible says "my sheep hear my voice, and a stranger they will not follow". Why? because it's not automatic that we would know (and listen and obey) the voice of the Lord. That comes with spending time with the Lord to know and sense His lead and guidance.

The enemy puts thoughts in our minds as well. That's why the Bible says "Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself AGAINST the KNOWLEDGE OF GOD, and bringing into CAPTIVITY EVERY THOUGHT to the OBEDIENCE OF CHRIST (2 Corinthians 10:5).

With regard to "putting the work in": absolutely! Faith without works is dead (James 2:14). The question then becomes this: WHOSE FAITH are we talking about here? Faith in the Lord (Mark 11:22) or faith in oneself (LOA)?

LOA is the move your feet part. - In my mind, you pray to God, he gives you instructions. If you are listening to him and following his word then things in your life begin to line you and you see the path HE has chosen for you by the people you meet, the signs you see on the street, the songs onthe radio etc..... and that is the arraction part. For me, there is no difference. If God truly directs your steps/thoughts/actions/feelings and you are focused on GOD and positivity...the "devil" should have no impact on your life.

If the Lord is doing all of this, then why the need to incorporate any other source of information via LOA? Why not simply do what the Lord says? And when you say "the devil should have no impact on your life", I don't think that's a sound reality point from the Christian perspective. The Bible says the devil is walking around seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). Who would he want to devour? CHRISTIANS! Not the heathens! he's already got them!

LOA works every single time whether you believe it or not. Whether the outcome is good or bad, whether you are focus on GOD and his plan for you or you are indifferent to God's plan for you.

I ask again, this way: Is the Lord's guidance, lordship, covering, enough?

PaperClip

I remember i did watch a clip of that show on Oprah. A woman said that she would go down a street in her car and she would "will" herself and think positive and she would get an open parking space.

She said it was all LOA. The thought it and it was done because she sensed it and the parking alot attracted itself to her.

I dont know. When i look for a parking space and finally get one, the first thing i do when i put the gear in park is say "thank you Jesus!" and "God wanted me to have that space today".

I dont use my "telepathic ways" to get something. Just my thoughts.....this is still interesting!

My pastor preached a message based on this scripture:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=1&chapter=26&verse=22&version=31&context=verse
22 He moved on from there and dug another well, and no one quarreled over it. He named it Rehoboth, [a] saying, "Now the LORD has given us room and we will flourish in the land."

Footnotes:
  1. Genesis 26:22 Rehoboth means room .
So when I need/want a close parking space, I say "REHOBOTH!" I send the word REHOBOTH before me.... Amen....

And then some days the Lord works it out so that I can get in some much-needed exercise:grin:!

Cinda2503

I ask again, this way: Is the Lord's guidance, lordship, covering, enough?

Of course it is enough:yep:. LOA is in effect, working, whether you accept the term or not. LOA is not new it has always been. "The secret/The Law of attraction" are marketing and language tools. The term LOA is human derived. The actual principle of it is divine. There is nobody but God who would have put such an awesome principle in place on this earth. It is all based on free will. If you are committed and focusesd on God and all that is good - you will receive it. If you are committed and focused on the devil and all that is bad -you will recieve it. If you are committed to indifference and are lukewarm to God -you will receive that.

Keen

To me this is what LOA amount to:

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

If you read the bible, God is the provider of all your needs. God rule the universe. I think the people who wrote the secret twisted it to focus on "the universe" and take out God to be mainstream and appealing.

Keen

Of course it is enough:yep:. LOA is in effect, working, whether you accept the term or not. LOA is not new it has always been. "The secret/The Law of attraction" are marketing and language tools. The term LOA is human derived. The actual principle of it is divine. There is nobody but God who would have put such an awesome principle in place on this earth. It is all based on free will. If you are committed and focusesd on God and all that is good - you will receive it. If you are committed and focused on the devil and all that is bad -you will recieve it. If you are committed to indifference and are lukewarm to God -you will receive that.

Well said.

Highly Favored8

To me this is what LOA amount to:

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

If you read the bible, God is the provider of all your needs. God rule the universe. I think the people who wrote the secret twisted it to focus on "the universe" and take out God to be mainstream and appealing.

Yes, this is what I said when these same people who were on Oprah. Who took God out it and put their own mis-interpertation of God's word in the Bible.

PaperClip

Do you see the contradiction between the two bolded sentences? How can something human produce something divine? I think by noting that the term LOA is human derived makes it SEEM harmless. But I say again that ANYTHING put in REPLACEMENT of the acknowledgement, recognition, the GLORY of Lord Jesus Christ is HARMFUL. Even a simple phrase.

The bolded statement reminds me of the Israelites when they were in the wilderness and Moses was with the Lord on Mount Sinai in Exodus 32:
When the people saw how long it was taking Moses to come back down the mountain, they gathered around Aaron. “Come on,” they said, “make us some gods who can lead us. We don’t know what happened to this fellow Moses, who brought us here from the land of Egypt.” (this is what happens when we get IMPATIENT; the people got tired of waiting on Moses)

2 So Aaron said, “Take the gold rings from the ears of your wives and sons and daughters, and bring them to me.” 3 All the people took the gold rings from their ears and brought them to Aaron. 4 Then Aaron took the gold, melted it down, and molded it into the shape of a calf. When the people saw it, they exclaimed, “O Israel, these are the gods who brought you out of the land of Egypt!”
(They used rings THEY MADE THEMSELVES!!:perplexed and the rings they made themselves became their god? That's like me taking my (healthy) shed hair out of my brush and making a statue from the hair to worship it so my hair can grow!!!:perplexed:spinning::ohwell:)

5 Aaron saw how excited the people were, so he built an altar in front of the calf. Then he announced, “Tomorrow will be a festival to the Lord!” 6 The people got up early the next morning to sacrifice burnt offerings and peace offerings. After this, they celebrated with feasting and drinking, and they indulged in pagan revelry. (and then after they made their OWN god, they want to switch it around to make it look like it's in honor of the LORD? :nono: And as we read the following verses, the LORD WAS NOT HAVING THAT!)

7 The Lord told Moses, “Quick! Go down the mountain! Your people whom you brought from the land of Egypt have corrupted themselves. 8 How quickly they have turned away from the way I commanded them to live! They have melted down gold and made a calf, and they have bowed down and sacrificed to it. They are saying, ‘These are your gods, O Israel, who brought you out of the land of Egypt.’”

9 Then the Lord said, “I have seen how stubborn and rebellious these people are. 10 Now leave me alone so my fierce anger can blaze against them, and I will destroy them. Then I will make you, Moses, into a great nation.” (The LORD was DONE with these folk and was planning to kill them and start a new nation with Moses because Moses DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THAT FOOLISHNESS! But Moses interceded for the people. That's what a true leader does.)

11 But Moses tried to pacify the Lord his God. “O Lord!” he said. “Why are you so angry with your own people whom you brought from the land of Egypt with such great power and such a strong hand? 12 Why let the Egyptians say, ‘Their God rescued them with the evil intention of slaughtering them in the mountains and wiping them from the face of the earth’? Turn away from your fierce anger. Change your mind about this terrible disaster you have threatened against your people! 13 Remember your servants Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.[a] You bound yourself with an oath to them, saying, ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars of heaven. And I will give them all of this land that I have promised to your descendants, and they will possess it forever.’”

14 So the Lord changed his mind about the terrible disaster he had threatened to bring on his people.

15 Then Moses turned and went down the mountain. He held in his hands the two stone tablets inscribed with the terms of the covenant.[b] They were inscribed on both sides, front and back. 16 These tablets were God’s work; the words on them were written by God himself.

17 When Joshua heard the boisterous noise of the people shouting below them, he exclaimed to Moses, “It sounds like war in the camp!”

18 But Moses replied, “No, it’s not a shout of victory nor the wailing of defeat. I hear the sound of a celebration.”
19 When they came near the camp, Moses saw the calf and the dancing, and he burned with anger. He threw the stone tablets to the ground, smashing them at the foot of the mountain. 20 He took the calf they had made and burned it. Then he ground it into powder, threw it into the water, and forced the people to drink it.
So I noted all of that to remind us what the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY SAYS: THOU SHALT HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME! And LOA says that you are a "type of god, like God":nono: WRONG! OUT OF ORDER! Especially for anybody calling themselves a Bible-believing disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ!

You said: "there is nobody but God who would have put such an awesome principle in place on this earth." Why would the Lord put something on earth when He already 1) created the earth; 2) came to earth in an earthsuit HIMSELF and redeemed us; and 3) left the COMFORTER (HOLY SPIRIT) to GUIDE us. Not we guiding ourselves through LOA.

John 14:26: "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you...."

So again, why the need for LOA? Isn't the Holy Spirit enough?

Last edited:

Cinda2503

Frankly speaking, the name/word/term God has been so mis-used in this world so much. His name has been used to justify every right and every wrong thought/feeling/action that has ever been or that ever will be. While we are in these physical bodies with this human minds and all that means - the name God can turn people off to his message. That is why there are THOUSANDS of names for the same thing. You can call God: him, he, her, Jesus, The spirit, the soul, the light, the rock, allah, yahweh, the father, the son, the holy spirit, the word, the lord, my shephard, the universe, the divine, I AM, etc... etc... etc.... it all means the same thing.

Last edited:

PaperClip

Frankly speaking, the name/word/term God has been so mis-used in this world so much. His name has been used to justify every right and every wrong thought/feeling/action that has ever been or that ever will be. While we are in these physical bodies with this human minds and all that means - the name God can turn people off to his message. That is why there are THOUSANDS of names for the same thing. You can call God: him, he, her, Jesus, The spirit, the soul, the light, the rock, allah, yahweh, the father, the son, the holy spirit, the word, the lord, my shephard, the universe, the divine, I AM, etc... etc... etc.... it all means the same thing. God doesn't get caught up in the semantics. It's all about the message.

As for me, you'll see in my posts that I say "LORD JESUS CHRIST". I'm being very purposeful about that.

Cinda2503

Do you see the contradiction between the two bolded sentences? How can something human produce something divine? I think by noting that the term LOA is human derived makes it SEEM harmless. But I say again that ANYTHING put in REPLACEMENT of the acknowledgement, recognition, the GLORY of Lord Jesus Christ is HARMFUL. Even a simple phrase.

quote]

Do you believe that God is in everything and everywhere?

PaperClip

quote]

Do you believe that God is in everything and everywhere?

Partially. The Lord Jesus Christ is EVERYWHERE but he's not in EVERYTHING because of MAN and man's free will.

We have free will either to or not to invite the Lord Jesus Christ into our lives, our circumstances, etc.

For example, it was MAN who legislated prayer out of schools (crude example but still applicable 'cause I took and take the Lord with me when I go to school).

PaperClip

I say God. But other people might say, you know...whatever else they feel comfortable with that show their sacredness for God.

Well, in order to have a conversation it does help to know where/how people are defining such perspectives. And if a person is a Bible-believing Christian, then their "god" should have a name. There are lots of "gods" out there. Which one is being referred to?

Just like there are lots of fathers out there.... if I'm in a crowd with a lot of men who are fathers and I want my father, I have to call MY FATHER'S NAME SPECIFICALLY: (Jesse)....

Cinda2503

Partially. The Lord Jesus Christ is EVERYWHERE but he's not in EVERYTHING because of MAN and man's free will.

We have free will either to or not to invite the Lord Jesus Christ into our lives, our circumstances, etc.

For example, it was MAN who legislated prayer out of schools (crude example but still applicable 'cause I took and take the Lord with me when I go to school).

ITA! I belive he is everywhere and he is in everything that I do. But he may not the leader in everything that other's may choose to do. :yep: I'm onyl speaking from my perspective.

that leads me to this question...

the choice -the everything -the free will - isn't that God?

Cinda2503

Well, in order to have a conversation it does help to know where/how people are defining such perspectives. And if a person is a Bible-believing Christian, then their "god" should have a name. There are lots of "gods" out there. Which one is being referred to?

Just like there are lots of fathers out there.... if I'm in a crowd with a lot of men who are fathers and I want my father, I have to call MY FATHER'S NAME SPECIFICALLY: (Jesse)....

I only believe in one God. I only think there is one. I don't think they're many "gods" out there.

Country gal

I am reading heal your life. It talks about the universe. I trade out universe for God. When the blessings manifest, I attriubute it to God answering my prayers not the universe.

PaperClip

ITA! I belive he is everywhere and he is in everything that I do. But he may not the leader in everything that other's may choose to do. :yep: I'm onyl speaking from my perspective.

that leads me to this question...

the choice -the everything -the free will - isn't that God?

That's good for you that He's in everything you do but I can say that He's NOT in everything that I do because I'm in this flesh and sometimes I am not trying to hear what the Lord is saying because I don't want to do right and I want to appease my flesh.

So sometimes when the Lord is telling me to do something I don't do it (disobedience) and sometimes that disobedience is intentional and sometimes it is unintentional. When I commit a sin, iniquity, and transgression, thank the Lord for 1 John 1:9 and as I ask for forgiveness and the Lord is faithful and just to forgive me of my sins and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.

In the past I have not invited the Lord into a situation and when things didn't go right, I couldn't blame nobody but myself.

So I really wonder if He's in everything you do but I can only go by what you say.... But if the Lord is in everything you do, then LOA would be UNNECESSARY...or REDUNDANT.

With regard to your question: is what God? Free will? I'm not sure I understand your question. I do know that the Lord has given us the power to choose. Adam and Eve had the power of choice when they ate of that fruit. Adam and Eve could have said no....but they did not...and the Lord did not stop them. He should not have had to stop them because He had already told them what and what not to do.

PaperClip

I only believe in one God. I only think there is one. I don't think they're many "gods" out there.

The Bible says there are "other" gods.... Or else why would the first of the 10 Commandments say: "3Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3)?

Other scriptures that address "other" gods. The scripture in Acts refers to "strange" gods. Here's the link at biblegatway.com that lists the scriptures re. "other gods":

http://www.biblegateway.com/keyword/?search=other gods&version1=9&searchtype=phrase

Here's the first of the three pages of scriptures:

1. Exodus 23:13
    And in all things that I have said unto you be circumspect: and make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth.
    Exodus 23:12-14 (in Context) Exodus 23 (Whole Chapter)
  2. Deuteronomy 5:7
    Thou shalt have none other gods before me.
    Deuteronomy 5:6-8 (in Context) Deuteronomy 5 (Whole Chapter)
  3. Deuteronomy 6:14
    Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you;
    Deuteronomy 6:13-15 (in Context) Deuteronomy 6 (Whole Chapter)
  4. Deuteronomy 7:4
    For they will turn away thy son from following me, that they may serve other gods: so will the anger of the LORD be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.
    Deuteronomy 7:3-5 (in Context) Deuteronomy 7 (Whole Chapter)
  5. Deuteronomy 8:19
    And it shall be, if thou do at all forget the LORD thy God, and walk after other gods, and serve them, and worship them, I testify against you this day that ye shall surely perish.
    Deuteronomy 8:18-20 (in Context) Deuteronomy 8 (Whole Chapter)
  6. Deuteronomy 11:16
    Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and ye turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
    Deuteronomy 11:15-17 (in Context) Deuteronomy 11 (Whole Chapter)
  7. Deuteronomy 11:28
    And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.
    Deuteronomy 11:27-29 (in Context) Deuteronomy 11 (Whole Chapter)
  8. Deuteronomy 13:2
    And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
    Deuteronomy 13:1-3 (in Context) Deuteronomy 13 (Whole Chapter)
  9. Deuteronomy 13:6
    If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;
    Deuteronomy 13:5-7 (in Context) Deuteronomy 13 (Whole Chapter)
  10. Deuteronomy 13:13
    Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
    Deuteronomy 13:12-14 (in Context) Deuteronomy 13 (Whole Chapter)