leave it in!!!!

sunny

Can someone tell me what they think of these leave -ins if they have tried them... infusium 23, motions nourish leave in and aphogee pro vitamin leave in....what works the best for you, what gives hair the most slip and detangles?

HairFanatic01

My mother uses motioNs nourish leave-in and she says that she loves it. Now for me, I use the infuium 23... its done pretty well for me, but only if you dilute half the bottle. Otherwise, it would becom too sticky and hard. As for aphogee I really haven't tried it out so I don't know. Some other leave-ins are Nexxus Headress (leave-in). Thats the one that I use and I love it!! I use it right after I shampoo and it has really strengthened my hair. Some other raves that have been going are the biolage leave-in.

SO LETS REVIEW!!
((MY OWN LITTLE *STAR* CHART))

*-POOR **-BELOW AVERAGE
***- GETS THE JOB DONE, but NOTHING SPECIAL
****-GOOD *****-EXCELLENT!!

Infusium 23 (diluted)-***
Nexxus Headress-*****
Biolage-*****
Motions-****
Aphogee-?

And check some of the threads that are like a week old.
There is a thread thats called "top/bottom two leave-ins"

hope this helps
p.s.-
And you know its also about trial-and-error. You really have to get out there and try what works for you. I mean, these are just my opinions, no facts.

GOOD LUCK

Nonie

When I used to use Infusium 23 as a leave-in, I found it very drying, which I blame on the protein. I still have a lot of it left so when I do use it, I mix it into whatever oil concoction I'm using for my pre-shampoo overnight treatment before applying it to my hair then I sleep in a plastic cap. I have no experience with the others.

Robin41

I like the Aphogee leave-in. It's a little creamier than Infusium 23 and smells better and I can use it pretty often with no build-up. I've never tried Motions.

Peachtree

I love Motions Nourish. It's moisturizing & gives "pretty good slip". I'm also looking for another leave in with "excellent slip" ... i have my eye on Biolage... i've read that's the BEST!!!!!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The Motions Nourish is pretty good

Victorian

old head
I have the aphogee pro-vitamin leave in. it's okay I guess...I actually don't like the smell that much. It's like they put fragrance in to cover up this OTHER smell (the shampoo has this horrible strong smell and the pro-vitamin has like a trace of the same smell). It doesn't really detangle, I have to use other stuff for detangling (currently pantene). I might pass it on to a family member so I can try something new...

melodee

Hey sunny, I bumped a thread on leave ins! The discussion was helpful for me, it should be for you as well.

Crysdon

Elasta H-Two is a good leave in.

I have used Pantene's R&N wrap & setting lotion as a leave in this past week and my hair feels so soft and moisturized all day.

marla

I like my aphogee leave-in, especially whenI do a roller set. It works great as a setting lotion.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
When I used to use Infusium 23 as a leave-in, I found it very drying, which I blame on the protein. I still have a lot of it left so when I do use it, I mix it into whatever oil concoction I'm using for my pre-shampoo overnight treatment before applying it to my hair then I sleep in a plastic cap. I have no experience with the others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your reply. I wrote about my experience with Infusium 23 on another post about no hair breakage. I haven't been experiencing hair breakage since I started air-drying and washing my hair everyday. For my leave-in, I use Nexxus Headress but today, I put some Infusium in my hair after the Headress and I started getting breakage. I looked at the label but I don't see any protein (Headress has protein). I may not use Infusium anymore.

Karonica

I use Infusium, and have learned that less is better. I was soaking my hair in that stuff, and as it airdried, I couldn't figure out why my hair would get so crispy. Now, I use a little and that is muuuuch better on my hair. Once I'm out of Infusium, I'm going to try the Motions.

Cleo

[ QUOTE ]
I'm also looking for another leave in with "excellent slip" ... i have my eye on Biolage... i've read that's the BEST!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you Peachtree! I'm going to pick my bottle up today after work

Cleo

[ QUOTE ]
Elasta H-Two is a good leave in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is, I've used H-two on and off for 5 years. I always go back to it when other leave-ins aren't consistent.

Cameos

Motion is one of the best I have used so far. It does not leave your hair as stiff as Infusium does and it detangles making for a better roller set.

Aphogee leave-in is ok. I like the fragrance. It didn't really do anything spectacluar to my hair...it was average.

Another leave in that I love is VO5's color protection complex..talk about silky hair and slip...just as nice a an ACV rinse! It is primarily for color treated hair but I love way it makes my hair feel. It even protects your hair from sun damage. The only downfall is that it costs more than other leave-ins.

When I use the motions or V05 I use it with jojoba oil (another pricey item but worth the money).

beana3

diluted infusium and motions nourish work almost identical on my hair. I like them both

nexxus headress is nice, I will not repurchse it immediately though.. it doesn't detangle enough

Foxycus02

Infusium 23 MOISTURISING formula is my new hair treat as well as profective Breakfree both give me instant slip and tangle free

EmeraldSky

I've used the Aphogee pro-vitamin leave-in, it didn't detangle my hair, leave it softer or stronger feeling. It was almost as if I sprayed my hair with water, so I wouldnt' recommend it.

L

ladybug

i luv the motions nourish...i spray it on my wet and dry hair and it keeps my hair strong...and my kitchen nice and tangle free...

i do use infusium on and off...but when i do i always apply my oils to my hair prior..so the hard-effect is eliminated

lunalight7

I just tried Giovanni's Diret Leave in (Used to be called Direct Stay-In) and I love it!! It's more moisturizing than Headdress but has less slip than Kids Organics Shea Butter Lotion. I plan to rotate all three....