Leaving the Wildnerness

BeautifulFlower

We have a thread about being in the wilderness. During my bible reading, I came across some chapters in Deut. where Moses gives the children of Israel instructions before entering their Promised Land.

I just had something on my heart I wanted to share.

How many times do we labor in the spirit, many nights crying and praying for God to bring us out of the wilderness we are in? At last, the time is coming where you reap the rewards of your prayers. You are enjoying your reward and living a bliss life, yet you have forgotten the One who brought you out of the wilderness. We even get high mighty & self-righteous, forgetting we used to be in the wilderness and all the God has brought us through.

Deuteronomy 8: 6 - 20

6 “Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him. 7 For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, that flow out of valleys and hills; 8 a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey; 9 a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing; a land whose stones are iron and out of whose hills you can dig copper. 10 When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land which He has given you.
11 “Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today, 12 lest— when you have eaten and are full, and have built beautiful houses and dwell in them; 13 and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied; 14 when your heart is lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage; 15 who led you through that great and terrible wilderness, in which were fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty land where there was no water; who brought water for you out of the flinty rock; 16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end— 17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’
18And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day. 19 Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish. 20 As the nations which the Lord destroys before you, so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God.

Remember, do not forgot to thank the Lord and to continue to acknowledge him and be obedient to his commands in your Promised Land. Because it is so easy to be convince that your own savvy and skills, or maybe a little 'luck', got you where you are. You somehow believe that your good judgment and character has given you some level of righteousness.

Deuteronomy 9:4-6

4 “Do not think in your heart, after the Lord your God has cast them out before you, saying, ‘Because of my righteousness the Lord has brought me in to possess this land’; but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord is driving them out from before you. 5 It is not because of your righteousness or the uprightness of your heart that you go in to possess their land, but because of the wickedness of these nations that the Lord your God drives them out from before you, and that He may fulfill the word which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. 6 Therefore understand that the Lord your God is not giving you this good land to possess because of your righteousness, for you are a stiff-necked people.

Last edited:

BeautifulFlower

10 Lessons from the Wilderness

1. The wilderness has a purpose; to move you from filled to empowered.
(From connected to God to representing God)

2. The wilderness will reveal what you believe about God, others and yourself
(Your beliefs are revealed by your words)

3. The wilderness will reveal the state of your heart.

4. The wilderness is where you find your authentic voice.

5. The first temptations always start with the natural needs.

6. The greatest temptations revolve around our ultimate calling and purpose.
(Misuse of charisma or power)

7. The stakes for victory are the nations of the world.

8. Our weapons are the proper understanding of God’s word.

9. The wilderness ends when the devil does not have anything in you.
(When you go public the private issues need to be resolved.)

10. The devil will return again and see if he can stop you before your public fulfillment of destiny.

it_comes_naturally

Great post! I've been in the wilderness a LONG time. Trust when I come out, I will NEVER forget that it was by God's grace and mercy and nothing else.

OhmyKimB

I feel like a few weeks ago I was told I was out. I need to go back and read that message I don't really understand. But I think that I am out now...hmmm

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
We have a thread about being in the wilderness. During my bible reading, I came across some chapters in Deut. where Moses gives the children of Israel instructions before entering their Promised Land.

How many times do we labor in the spirit, many nights crying and praying for God to bring us out of the wilderness we are in? At last, the time is coming where you reap the rewards of your prayers. You are enjoying your reward and living a bliss life, yet you have forgotten the One who brought you out of the wilderness. We even get high mighty & self-righteous, forgetting we used to be in the wilderness and all the God has brought us through.

Deuteronomy 8: 6 - 20

6 “Therefore you shall keep the commandments of the Lord your God, to walk in His ways and to fear Him.

7 For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and springs, that flow out of valleys and hills;

8 a land of wheat and barley, of vines and fig trees and pomegranates, a land of olive oil and honey;

9 a land in which you will eat bread without scarcity, in which you will lack nothing; a land whose stones are iron and out of whose hills you can dig copper.

10 When you have eaten and are full, then you shall bless the Lord your God for the good land which He has given you.

11 “Beware that you do not forget the Lord your God by not keeping His commandments, His judgments, and His statutes which I command you today,

12 lest— when you have eaten and are full, and have built beautiful houses and dwell in them;

13 and when your herds and your flocks multiply, and your silver and your gold are multiplied, and all that you have is multiplied;

14 when your heart is lifted up, and you forget the Lord your God who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage;

15 who led you through that great and terrible wilderness, in which were fiery serpents and scorpions and thirsty land where there was no water; who brought water for you out of the flinty rock;

16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna, which your fathers did not know, that He might humble you and that He might test you, to do you good in the end—

17 then you say in your heart, ‘My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth.’

18 “And you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.

19 Then it shall be, if you by any means forget the Lord your God, and follow other gods, and serve them and worship them, I testify against you this day that you shall surely perish.

20 As the nations which the Lord destroys before you, so you shall perish, because you would not be obedient to the voice of the Lord your God.

Remember, do not forgot to thank the Lord and to continue to acknowledge him and be obedient to his commands in your Promised Land. Because it is so easy to be convince that your own savvy and skills, or maybe a little 'luck', got you where you are. You somehow believe that your good judgment and character has given you some level of righteousness.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus...

What a Word!

He didn't bring me out because I was righteous... but because of His steadfast love, grace and mercy.

Jesus.... my Lord. :rosebud:

Thank you for this anointed message, PrettyFace... :love2:

"It was not of 'works' (of my own) of which I can boast... " It's Jesus and only Jesus! :yep:

Last edited:

Highly Favored8

Great post @prettyfaceANB- I am coming out of the wilderness-I have to say looking back on my experience was a good thing-however, going through the wilderness was not. However, what I learned from my experience is this-I am a witness to-

I/we serve a God who can do all things- I mean all things.
That Abba Father who art in heaven-truly does provide manna from heaven and seed for the sower.
He is Jehovah Jireh who truly makes a way out of no way.
I have a closer relationship with Abba Father as a result.
There is always light at the end of the tunnel.

How did I know I was coming out of my wilderness experience when my Pastor Preached a word about it- The word spoke to my spirit my inner man and God kept saying to me in church and after "This word is for YOU". Then I started to count the years 3 years to be exact. I was like WOW God WOW.

Sorry I hijacked the thread. I just wanted to share this.

Last edited:

p31woman

THIS POST WAS AWESOME! THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!

I AM ON MY WAY OUT AS WELL AND NOBODY BUT GOD IS DOING IT!

I'M SO THANKFUL FOR THIS REMINDER!!!

BeautifulFlower

Ladies...this scripture is soo humbling...I am brought to tears today recognizing my own brokenness and my mistakes. That I have not lived a life pleasing to God. That I have given away my treasures for free that I should have kept sacred as unto the Lord. I have not been the best Christian, best testimony to the Gospel of Jesus. I am truly, truly broken and humbled realized that I have burned my own temple because I am like Israel being "stiff-necked".

But the Lord God gives "beauty for ashes" and restores to those that love him the years the locust have consumed.

Ladies, understand that we are chosen in mercy and grace and not by our own righteousness. This is good news, the greatness news of all.

God will give to us His best which is beautiful and glorious and joyful and lacking in nothing, not because we deserve it (conditional) but because He is gracious and he keeps his promises (unconditional agape love).

Sorry for going in...lol...I got a little emotional.

MSee

10 Lessons from the Wilderness

1. The wilderness has a purpose; to move you from filled to empowered.
(From connected to God to representing God)

2. The wilderness will reveal what you believe about God, others and yourself
(Your beliefs are revealed by your words)

3. The wilderness will reveal the state of your heart.

4. The wilderness is where you find your authentic voice.

5. The first temptations always start with the natural needs.

6. The greatest temptations revolve around our ultimate calling and purpose.
(Misuse of charisma or power)

7. The stakes for victory are the nations of the world.

8. Our weapons are the proper understanding of God’s word.

9. The wilderness ends when the devil does not have anything in you.
(When you go public the private issues need to be resolved.)

10. The devil will return again and see if he can stop you before your public fulfillment of destiny.

Oh how I wish #10 wasn't true :rolleyes: but it is.

The 1st day of this year I was led to Deuteronomy 8. I felt certain it was a message for me and that I was indeed leaving the wilderness period. I am convinced it is so not because the attacks have subsided, but because of the obvious changes in me and the awesome things I see God doing through and around me. I find myself going through a period of thankfulness. Earlier this year whenever I tried to pray after been woke up in the wee hours of the morning, I found myself repenting as things about me were being revealed. There is a verse that indicates that "it's the goodness of the Lord that leads to repentance." Indeed I felt like I was being washed clean. Instead of feeling condemed I felt very much loved.

I keep saying that I must make a wall hanging of that passage so that I can read it everyday and keep reminding myself not to forget what God is doing.