Length check update - February 09-Sept 09 ** PIC HEAVY

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I straightened my hair for my birthday. I went to a Dominican Salon and had my hair colored dark brown, got a blow-out, and a trim. I liked the results but am disappointed in my progress. I've avoided heat since May 09 and wearing protective styles so I thought I would have had more growth. Maybe I shouldn't have trimmed but I can't stand uneven ends. Meh, I think I have hair anorexia...

A little background - I had a major cut after DD2 was born in Nov 07. I'd reached very close to WL but my hair was not healthy. I attribute the rapid growth to the pregnancy hormones and prenatal pills. I cut the damaged part after she was born. I do not have length pictures from this time but I promise it ain't pretty. I decided to try to take care of my ends and start my HHJ.

NOTE: No bra pictures for me - too much back fat! LOL

I lurked at LHCF for a long time. I finally started tracking my growth at the beginning of this year. I've always had longish hair but never LHCF crazy long. Here is where I was in February 09 (DD2 is hanging on me)

Here is April 09 (around Easter)

Finally, this is on 9/20/09. I celebrated the 11th anniversary of my 29th birthday this weekend (that's 40 for the slow folk :grin:).

Next length check will be the end of the year. Not sure I'll reach my WL goal but I'm going to keep up the HHJ.

dream13

I think your progress is awesome! Your hair looks longer (even after a trim), fuller, and your ends are fab. Congrats!

anilyn

Give your head a shake girl. :drunk: You've got some amazing growth going on and it's sooo thick and shiny. :lick:

Adaoba2012

Amazing progress! Your hair is so shiny and beautiful! Don't focus on the length too much and focus on the health..your hair is extremely healthy and gorgeous!

SEMO

I think your hair looks awesome. Very healthy and shiny. You may have lost some length with the trim but your hair looks really nice.

I straightened my hair for my birthday also and I could have stood to trim at least an inch or two. But since I rarely wear my hair straight I don't bother.

But your ends look great, very thick. Much nicer than my ends when I straightened my hair.

Also, Happy Birthday!!!!! :)

nikki2229

Your hair looks great. It is longer and fuller.
I like the way you celebrate the anniversary of your birthday.

Reecie

Your hair is so thick now. Length or not, it looks much healthier and fuller. You will get to the length you want your hair very shortly.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I don't know how to answer all your comments in one post so I'll say thank you to all of you at once. Y'all are the best!:grouphug: :iloveyou:

After a couple of days, I do feel happy about my progress. I do like my ends now and my hair does appear thicker (I just realized that my hair is fine but I have a lot of strands).

Lastly, I like straight hair every once in a while but why do I feel the urge to wash and wear it curly already? :lachen: