Length Definitions?

Andy1979

Ok, I tried the search tool already and could not find my answers to here goes:

I know where bra strap length is (obviously), but I have no idea where mid-back length is. I have already achieved BSL, so I want to see how long before MBL. Also, where is waistlength...is it at your belly button or just the smalles part of your waist?

Thanks for your help!

Nonie

IMO, MBL is halfway between BSL and WL.

WL is at your waist (hence waist length) and your waist is the narrowest part of your torso, wherever that happens to be.

ETA: Here's a chart that might help. It seems to indicate MBL is halfway down your back (oh duh! Mid-back :rolleyes: ) or halfway between shoulder and hipbone. *shrug*:

Last edited:

SmilingElephant

That little model in that chart has a super long torso!!

An-t-wayz.......I used to be puzzled about this myself and basically if ur 1 or 2 inches past your bra strap...you're MBL.

msa

Mbl is middle back length. Wherever the middle of your back is, that's mbl. For some people that's right after bsl and for others it's the same as waist length, it just depends on your body.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
MBL and WSL are pretty much one and the same for me.

I saw a girl with floor length hair. Actually it was dragging behind her a little. It may have looked really neat if the last 6in to foot of her hair was healthier and thicker. I would say that the girl was probably 5'4 or 5'5" it was hard to tell because she was a distance away from me.

Cheleigh

I have a short torso, so mid-back is only about 2" from brastrap for me, so now I'm technically mid-back length.

that_1_grrrl

An-t-wayz.......I used to be puzzled about this myself and basically if ur 1 or 2 inches past your bra strap...you're MBL.

Lol, my torso actually looks like hers though, and I am glad her waist is actually at her waist.

msa

i thought midback lenght was when your hair hits under your rib cage????

It may be for some people.

MBL is something you have to measure on your body, there's no arbitrary spot for it. It's at the middle of your back.

This is why I stick with APL, BSB (below shoulder blade), and WL...those are all obvious spots on your body and you don't have to measure to figure them out.

Nonie

Really? I think it looks normal. Torso to me is from shoulder to hip bone...or thereabouts. A long torso to me is when the legs are almost as long as the torso on the right as in the image below:

GoingNatural

Beware of the brastrap. I thought I was stuck at BSL, but I realized I was actually MBL! And all that time i was aiming for BSL I was already there!

BSB (Below Shoulder Blades) really should be the new BSL!