Lessons Learnt

almond eyes

Dear Ladies,

I had a real lessons learnt in the past month and I wanted to share them with everyone.

I found out that I am moving to West Africa this month and so with many social events that I had to attend I ended up facing some set backs that took my hair from almost APL to SL again.

Here is what I discovered and learnt:

1. Prep work before using heat is important
2. My coarse fine hair texture prefers pressing. I flat ironed and my roots remained coarse unmanagable and then got broken during a wash session
3. I can't wash my hair without shampoo, the build up is too much
4. I should have done a better detangling session before I went to get it coloured by Aveda
5. I should have insisted on a protein treatment and not moisture
6. The only experience the guy at the Aveda hair salon had on my texture hair was giving his Greek friend when they were growing up a relaxer (Just for me). Next time request the Master not just the colourist.
7. My hair as it got longer was not doing well with air drying and actually caused me more flyaways which I thought was normal.
8. Always wash my hair in big braids.

Best,
Almond Eyes

ConsiderCamille

Dear Ladies,

6. The only experience the guy at the Aveda hair salon had on my texture hair was giving his Greek friend when they were growing up a relaxer (Just for me). Next time request the Master not just the colourist.

You ain't lying with that one! I went to Aveda to get my hair colored and the (white) lady claimed she could do "ethnic" hair, but after trying to comb my dry curly twa, and then claiming she'd need to blow dry it first...I left out the door. ALWAYS FIND THE MASTER!